chris mcphee

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

agree with previous posts, and parkinson is not a forward, he's a winger, but as that was one of the positions we needed strengthening, he fits the bill. Just hope he can get/stay fit. if he can, he could prove useful.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

well worked out parkinson will be with us shortly
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I remember Parkinson for Accrington last season and he was very impressive in the game at Plainmoor. Think he possibly came on as sub.

However, his recent record is not showing an enormous amount of games and he is obviously getting older. Not a bad signing but, again, it sort of is not a great one either.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

hector wrote:I remember Parkinson for Accrington last season and he was very impressive in the game at Plainmoor. Think he possibly came on as sub.

However, his recent record is not showing an enormous amount of games and he is obviously getting older. Not a bad signing but, again, it sort of is not a great one either.
Parkinson played the whole game, but like you, I can remember him having a good game that day. There is no doubt about the fact that he is a quality player in possession of the ball - he wouldn't have played at the levels that he has in his career if he wasn't but the concerns for me would obviously be around his age (32) and fitness. He missed the best part of a season at Cambridge in 2008-9 and he must surely have lost some of his pace?

What surprises me most about this potential signing is that Martin Ling released him from his contract at Cambridge in January 2010 and he moved to Gateshead for the rest of that season - so it makes you wonder what the reasons were behind that. That, and the fact that the last three clubs he has played for - Cambridge United and Gateshead in the BSP and Accrington Stanley in League 2 have all released him (rather worrying!) and after featuring regularly at Stanley in the first half of last season he drifted out of contention and barely played after Christmas. Whether that was down to form or fitness I don't know, but either way it's a bit of a concern.
Last edited by CP Gull on 29 Jun 2011, 11:01, edited 3 times in total.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

i asked my Cambridge supporting mate about him and his response was 'Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha'

So i reminded him 2-0 and hung up.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Being in Non league and then not being on the best of form for a league 2 side doesnt always mean there rubbish. Look at Branno he was in at Kettering, then plyed not to well at Burton. Im for one thats usually very postitive by signings. I happy with the three already.

But i hope this is not true, we can do better than him if im honest. But if Ling brings him in then il give him the chance. If were getting him in, may aswell get Wayne back in, he cant be much diffrent.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

royalgull wrote:i asked my Cambridge supporting mate about him and his response was 'Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha'

So i reminded him 2-0 and hung up.
:-D :rofl:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Not that I doubt ML's ability at getting the best out of players, but I have some serious doubts in my own abilities on Football Manager... we're going to have a rubbish virtual team next year, barely even a 10 on a technical stat between them!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mickyflash »

tufcbrett wrote:Being in Non league and then not being on the best of form for a league 2 side doesnt always mean there rubbish. Look at Branno he was in at Kettering, then plyed not to well at Burton. Im for one thats usually very postitive by signings. I happy with the three already.

But i hope this is not true, we can do better than him if im honest. But if Ling brings him in then il give him the chance. If were getting him in, may aswell get Wayne back in, he cant be much diffrent.
But it doesn t do much to inspire us either, well I hope he does well here and at least he is technically good on the ball. Smacks a little bit of bringing in anyone to make up the numbers rather than someone to take the club forward but I hope his fitness and or form stays with him because on his day he can offer something to the current squad.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Good player in his time but that time has gone. I am afraid this would be another awful signing. The standard of player we are going for is quite astonishing. There is not one player so far who looks capable of holding down a regular place in a league two team, which is really worrying. This is going to be a desperate season.
gulliver
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mcphee

Post by gulliver »

Why has his time gone brucie? The stats seem to indicate he had one of his best seasons last year and is 28....
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote:Good player in his time but that time has gone. I am afraid this would be another awful signing. The standard of player we are going for is quite astonishing. There is not one player so far who looks capable of holding down a regular place in a league two team, which is really worrying. This is going to be a desperate season.
Seriously, do you get off by being this doom and gloom? I get the impression that we could sign Lionel Messi and you'd complain that he'd be too small for League 2 defenders and that we're doomed if that's the kind of player we're going after.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Brucie is clearly referring to Parkinson. The fact that he says 'would be' indicates that it is a player not yet signed.
gulliver
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mcphee

Post by gulliver »

I think Mcphee will prove to be a great signing. However i have to agree that Parkinson sounds like a poor signing and likely to take up a chunk of wage we could better use elsewhere
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The Premiership is a League of it's own. Agreed ?

The Football League had to make its number back up to "92" in some other way, hence the automatic promotion/relegation between "Football League" and "non league". So then, the so called "5th Division" (BSP) is actually the new unofficial "4th Division". Year on year it gets more difficult to exit upwards, and really easy to exit downwards, especially when in financial trouble.

If you go along with my tongue in cheek observation, then TUFC are currently playing at old Division 3 level, like in the glory years of Mr AJB and Frank O'Farrell.

Following the observation then, Chris McFree hasn't stepped up from the non league BSP, he's left a "Division 4" team and joined one in "Division 3". Many Players over the years have done the same without any problems.

Note to self : you are just asking to be shot to bits. :slap: :O :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"