What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

If we sold Benyon for around £120k plus sell ons how on earth can we ask for the same for Zeb. It should be £175-200k in my opinion plus sell ons.
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

Zebroski has had a lot of problems which quite worry me if he is going to come here. I understand he is a very good player but he is one with some issues and after having a player (David Pipe) go into prison recently whilst being contracted to us, I'm not sure how clever a signing this would be. It's pretty bad taste by both Buckle and himself, this move, as it's pretty clear whats gone on, I'm suprised yourselves aren't more pissed off with Zebroski, your club showed faith in him despite his character issues and he's repaid by handing in a transfer request, i genuinely feel bad for you and hope Ling gets all the money back to reinvest in the squad. Talking about the request, i doubt that a fee has been agreed like previously suggested, because why hand in a transfer request if it isn't needed?
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

various members have posted knowledge of a fee being agreed would any of you be brave enough and name this price. be interesting to see what sort of figure we are looking to recieve
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Really dissapointed in Zebs over this. We stood by him when other clubs probably wouldn't or may have even sacked him. But he doesn't want to be here so I don't want him here. Big fish small pond all of that to being a small fish probably out of water most of the time run by shark.

Can we ban the gasheads please? The respect shown by BCFC supporters when we were in the same league was far and away more mature than the pillocks we have poping in and out at the moment. It's little wonder they will always play second fiddle to City.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So I'm assuming the transfer request has come as a result of Bristol Rovers having a transfer offer flatly rejected. Do any of you 'in the know' guys know how much that initial offer may have been? (Assuming I am right of course!)
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

dazgull wrote:If we sold Benyon for around £120k plus sell ons how on earth can we ask for the same for Zeb. It should be £175-200k in my opinion plus sell ons.
Lets not forget that Benyon was sold in the January transfer window where costs are always inflated.

However, I do agree that we shouldn't let him go on the cheap.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

People saying that Buckle has ripped the spine out of our team is a bit much isn't it?

Zebroski and Bevan were the only players who were actually ours weren't they? Even Bevan was out of contract!

Branston has gone to Bradford! Robinson & Tomlin (good, but hardly key players) weren't even ours. Not sure how Buckle could have influenced that.....

I think people are just over-reacting because we haven't signed many ourselves yet. Patience people, it's not even July yet! I know everyone is a bit twitchy, but stand your ground and have faith in the Pie man!

"Fingers in the pies,
fingers in the pies,
Martin Ling's got,
Martin Ling's got
fingers in the pies!"

I wonder how many pies could we get for Zebroski? mmmmm Pies

I'll get me coat...... :red:
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Steve - the problem is we are talking about players like Zeb leaving and replacing them with players like Parkinson. Hardly like for like is it?

Until Ling brings in quality, above what he has currently has done to date, then my worrying will continue.

For example - if he wants two players for each position and Parkinson does arrive - then the choices of wingers are from Parkinson, Stevens, Halpin and Macklin :S

Time will tell but currently I am very concerned we will end up relegation fodder.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Who can blame Zebroski. Works well with Buckle & has obviously getting a lot more money. Obviously an excuse with family reasons but we are finding out that our players aren't as loyal as we thought they were. I'm absolutely gutted with the exit & if anyone says they aren't - they're lying. We all hate the gloating BRFC fans coming on here but let's not kid ourselves they've got a very good player.

His work ethic we will miss for sure. Incredible stamina & doesn't stop running all game. Despite us giving him a chance he, potentially, has a chance to further his career with the Gas, unfortunately.

I'm more disappointed with what Bevan done & pissing off without even telling Baker whether he'd accepted his offer or not. Zebroski's isn't as bad compared to that.
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

some interesting points however the buckle bashing continues simply because buckle continues to bash torquay united football club he is now paid by bristol rovers and has no affinity with torquay anymore fair enough how about respect respect for his previous employers who could have sacked him many times during his reign and choose to stand by him a man universaly despised because of his disgusting attitude to the gereral staff of our club a man who engineered a move while planning one of the biggist games in torquay history against stevenage. ask youself why stanley and branston deals where not agreed march or april time stanley would have signed no doubt so would branston fact is buckle new what he was doing his attitude towards this club stunk in the last few weeks of his reign. the players where flat at manchester the manager did not care 1 bit and any 1 who argues that point are compleatly olivious to what goes on around them... paul knew exactly what he was doing now ime not saying its the end of our club far from it we have to rebuild that takes time and the club have entrusted martin ling for the job ile just be gald when paul buckles name is consigned properly to the history of torquay and hopes he falls right on his .....
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Boom Boom wrote:Who can blame Zebroski. Works well with Buckle & has obviously getting a lot more money. Obviously an excuse with family reasons but we are finding out that our players aren't as loyal as we thought they were. I'm absolutely gutted with the exit & if anyone says they aren't - they're lying. We all hate the gloating BRFC fans coming on here but let's not kid ourselves they've got a very good player.

His work ethic we will miss for sure. Incredible stamina & doesn't stop running all game. Despite us giving him a chance he, potentially, has a chance to further his career with the Gas, unfortunately.

I'm more disappointed with what Bevan done & pissing off without even telling Baker whether he'd accepted his offer or not. Zebroski's isn't as bad compared to that.
Boom Boom...Bakers wasnt even an offer it was an insult trust me....if the offer was fair we would still have Bevan...dont blame him 1 bit about him going....
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teeboo100 »

bang on kings bevans offer was awful altough we are getting a better keeper so he wont be a loss i didnt blame him either remember players have mortgaes and familys to support like the rest of us
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

teeboo100 wrote:some interesting points however the buckle bashing continues simply because buckle continues to bash torquay united football club he is now paid by bristol rovers and has no affinity with torquay anymore fair enough how about respect respect for his previous employers who could have sacked him many times during his reign and choose to stand by him a man universaly despised because of his disgusting attitude to the gereral staff of our club a man who engineered a move while planning one of the biggist games in torquay history against stevenage. ask youself why stanley and branston deals where not agreed march or april time stanley would have signed no doubt so would branston fact is buckle new what he was doing his attitude towards this club stunk in the last few weeks of his reign. the players where flat at manchester the manager did not care 1 bit and any 1 who argues that point are compleatly olivious to what goes on around them... paul knew exactly what he was doing now ime not saying its the end of our club far from it we have to rebuild that takes time and the club have entrusted martin ling for the job ile just be gald when paul buckles name is consigned properly to the history of torquay and hopes he falls right on his .....

how do you know pb was universally despised?
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by teeboo100 »

ask the staff
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Especially the staff that left during the last part of his reign.