What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

DerbyGull wrote:From the BR website:

Chris Zebroski has been mentioned as another possible transfer target and Paul said; "It would be wrong of me to talk about another club's player. I like Chris Zebroski, of course I do, but there are a lot of players I still like. Whether I can bring them here is another matter and it would be wrong of me to talk about him now. All I will say is that we are looking at three or four options in terms of strikers."

Read into that what you will!!!
You cant take what he says to seriously. The one that deniyed being in line for the Rovers job, few days later hes there manager.
tapping up so and so :red:
Enzo
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Enzo »

brucie wrote: A major loss - he probably is irreplacable.
In Torquay's terms, yes a major loss - But he really is far from irreplacable. If we are getting anywhere near the the £150,000 that we are rumoured to have rejected then it will be a great bit of business. I thought we'd crumble at £50,000.

Don't get me wrong, I was hoping that Zebs would stay. I figured with players of his calibre at the club we probably would be able to stay up. He is a decent League two player - nothing more however, as his time with Wycombe demonstrated. Last season his best attribute was his tireless running and fantastic work rate. We are certainly going to miss that. However, he is generally not the best in front of goal and on many occasions appeared as if he has he had put his feet on the worng way round. If the posioned dwarf up the M5 wants to pay the rumoured figure then we should snatch his hands off. Zebs is very, very replaceable - as long as we have the right contacts and the right budget. I don't know whether that is the case in either respect.

If selling Zebs enables us to keep O'Kane for another season then I for one will not mind. If he goes and the standard of in coming players does not improve then there is very little on offer to entice me to turn up and watch.
claw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by claw »

Bit wrong off rovers if they have tapped him up...turned his head.

Seem to remember them lot kicking up a fuss when Chelsea took Scott Sinclair
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

We need more leaders in the squad and on the pitch.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

look guys these freaks from bristol are winding us up good and proper,let them do there worse,they will realise what a jerk buckle is sooner rather than later,if they want zebs so be it,for 1 i believe we wont be relegatoin fodder this coming season,lets believe with a good clearout new faces,new regime,will makes us stronger,theres alot of you know alot more whats going on at our great club,but when our backs are against the wall.we come out fighting,and we will again this term 2,our new manager will bring the right players in,and in time my friends that ejit who left us to manage a so called bigger team,will realise what a massive mistake hes made,and the players hes took with him,so guys and gals look forward to good times ahead :)
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

DavetheRave wrote: if he was that bad a manager how come the likes of Bevs, Zebs and Craig Stanley are so keen to join up with him once again?
"Mustapha Carayol revealed how a fractious relationship with Paul Buckle encouraged him to quit Torquay as he targeted a fresh start with Lincoln City this season.The new Imps winger explained how there were "differences of opinion" with the Torquay boss as he struggled to hold down a first-team place during his two-year stay in Devon....

"I had made up my mind to leave Torquay in January and there were a number of factors as to why I wanted to go," he said.

"Everyone knew that I did not share the best of relationships with the manager and we certainly had our differences of opinion.

"That's nothing against the club, because the fans were absolutely brilliant to me while I was there.

"But I was virtually sat on the bench for two years. I only made 11 starts last season and that played a major factor in me wanting to go.

--

Less than 12 months later and Carayol signs for Paul Buckle once again... I'm not sure Bevan/Zebroski/Carayol/Stanley proves any more than money talks.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

claw wrote:Bit wrong off rovers if they have tapped him up...turned his head.

Seem to remember them lot kicking up a fuss when Chelsea took Scott Sinclair
Nobody kicked up a fuss about Scott Sinclair, we used common Sense and played him in 2 first team games to boost the price tag up, and we have made more than 1M from him.

Will Hoskins was tapped up by Brighton, and we only had him for 9 months, and made half a mil from a free transfer in that time

It is what happens in football, if your chairman had any sense he would raise the price and test our resolve.

Stop whinging about you being hard done buy, it is what happens in the world of football, if we want him that badly then we will have to pay for him, you will get the right fee and then maybe you can replace him.

Honestly.....Some people.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

BritishGAS wrote: Nobody kicked up a fuss about Scott Sinclair, we used common Sense and played him in 2 first team games to boost the price tag up, and we have made more than 1M from him.

Will Hoskins was tapped up by Brighton, and we only had him for 9 months, and made half a mil from a free transfer in that time

It is what happens in football, if your chairman had any sense he would raise the price and test our resolve.

Stop whinging about you being hard done buy, it is what happens in the world of football, if we want him that badly then we will have to pay for him, you will get the right fee and then maybe you can replace him.

Honestly.....Some people.
I actually find myself agreeing with this.

Some people are being so whiny, stop complaining and get over it!

Zebs is now going to move on, and so should we! I couldn't care less whether he joined Exeter, Plymouth, Bristol Rovers, Swindon, whoever! Couldn't give a sh*t, as long as we as a club get the right fee.

If we get ripped off then fair enough, moan and complain all you want but until then, be positive!!!
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Just when I thought BritishGas wasn't as much as an idiot as he first seemed to be, he's gone & proved me horribly wrong. The smug posts have returned, no surprise that as it's coincided with Zebroski's departure.

Like any other club we've tried to keep hold of our best player but no doubt Buckle has done some underhand tactics to try & disrupt him. This certainly appears to be the case as it all points to him being "tapped up". The pathetic "family reason" excuse was probably thought up by him too.

Telling our supporters to get over it at a time such as this it's a bit disrespectful, yet I wouldn't expect anything less from the 2nd best club in Bristol.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair, the majority of posts have been in line with your view, BG. Singling out a first time poster is only going to lead us down the same old road.

Edit: and right on cue.......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

@League2Rumours on Twitter
"Cheltenham are leading the chase to sign free agent Chris Zebroski following his release from Torquay."

I'm assuming they have just cocked up and it's actually referring to his being transfer listed?! :S
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

PhilGull wrote:@League2Rumours on Twitter
"Cheltenham are leading the chase to sign free agent Chris Zebroski following his release from Torquay."

I'm assuming they have just cocked up and it's actually referring to his being transfer listed?! :S
Sums up league2rumours on Twitter!

Utter shit! Cheltenham could not afford Zebs laces - they are as skint as we are!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Admin Edit: Content Removed

Reason: Obvious............
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Richinns wrote: Sums up league2rumours on Twitter!

Utter sh*t! Cheltenham could not afford Zebs laces - they are as skint as we are!
Nearly gave me a bloody heart attack when I saw it!
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Been away all day ,deary,deary me,wish i had not come back now, think we were all expecting this so comes as no suprise really.

God i wish our board would just be pig headed here,and tell Zebs to put up,and shut up,and sent a rather long feck off message to Rovers,i supose it all comes down to money in the end,and our club is not flushed with it,i totaly agree with Brucie relegation will cost us a lot more than 200k.

Thats why my only hope here,is the board are ale to re-invest atleast half if not more of any transfer fee gained for Zebs,armed with 100k in his back pocket dinger should be able to buy two Zebroski's for the price of one,as Zebroski is not ireplacable,however would be a major loss.
Formerly known as forevertufc