Boaby- New keeper

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gulliver
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mcphee

Boaby- New keeper

Post by gulliver »

Been looking on the Falkirk website for their views on our new keeper...'Boaby' as he is fondly known up there seems to have a mixed reaction... It seems Ling has not looked that hard to find a bad word!

http://www.onefinfalkirk.com/forum/view ... b67dc46f1f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still think he will be a great signing for us but like any keeper he is not universally liked.
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

Goalkeepers always get mixed reactions from supporters. However good, if you ask a hundred supporters you will always get some negative views. The general feeling seems to be that we made a decent signing here and with the added bonus of Brian Saah the defence looks as strong as last season. Midfield looks OK, although perhaps Easton would be a good addition. Up front is the problem area as its not immediatley obvious where the goals are coming from. Not quite sure what we need here until the Zebroski situation is sorted out.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

To be fair, the majority rate him. The moaners sound like the sort of ones who saw one bad game early doors and made their sad minds up.

Boaby, Boaby, Boaby
gulliver
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: mcphee

Post by gulliver »

I agree. He seems on the whole to be well thought of. I was never a fan of bevon and think buckle has done us a huge favour.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Austrians are all great. I am one too so i guess that includes me as well as Olejnik! Obviously Hitler, Fritzl and Priklopil are exceptions! :red:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

gulliver wrote:Been looking on the Falkirk website for their views on our new keeper...'Boaby' as he is fondly known up there seems to have a mixed reaction... It seems Ling has not looked that hard to find a bad word!

http://www.onefinfalkirk.com/forum/view ... b67dc46f1f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still think he will be a great signing for us but like any keeper he is not universally liked.
Do you think that Boaby is scottish for Bobby?,

Do Scottish League keepers still train by trying to catch stale haggis fired out of a cannon?

We should try to make him feel welcome & at home, I wonder if he would like to borrow my wifes DVD of "the sound of music", you know the one, " :whistle: high on the hill there's a load of goats Sh#t tra la la la la la la :whistle: etc. etc. etc. :) :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: 8-] :-D :scarf: :scarf:
Falkirkfc
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Falkirkfc »

First of all ignore anything that is posted on OneF as they are a bunch of moaning gits :lol:

Boaby is a decent keeper and we were trying to keep him at a lower wage as simply we are skint,He like any keeper is known to have an odd error or two during the season.I have metv hime a few times and he is a really nice guy with a broad brummie accent.

His kicking is a bit dodgy sometimes but i will miss him,Best of lucky Boaby and thanks for the 4 years.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Thanks for that Falkirkfc!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper

Falkirkfc wrote:First of all ignore anything that is posted on OneF as they are a bunch of moaning gits :lol:

Boaby is a decent keeper and we were trying to keep him at a lower wage as simply we are skint,He like any keeper is known to have an odd error or two during the season.I have metv hime a few times and he is a really nice guy with a broad brummie accent His kicking is a bit dodgy sometimes but i will miss him,Best of lucky Boaby and thanks for the 4 years.
Don't understand this at all, It now appears that he is a Jewish Brummie called Hyme! :) :~D :Z :lol: :na:
Falkirkfc
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Falkirkfc »

I have big fingers i am afraid.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper

Falkirkfc wrote:I have big fingers i am afraid.
Where the f##k is Cowdenbeath?, prego,
Are they as big as Bristol Rovers? grazie! :lol: :bow: :aww: :-D 8-]