Just a few suggestions

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TheGullsAreGoingUp
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: O'Kane

Just a few suggestions

Post by TheGullsAreGoingUp »

Now, I was thinking seeing the attacking options thread that there weren't many being suggested,

Was looking through some of the better strikers from last season who were good in a bad team I came across a few who have been either released or would possibly join, now these are only suggestions as I done a little bit of research.

Izale McLeod - Proven at league level, don't really know what happened though, last I heard of him he was at Peterborough in League 1.

Barry Corr - A Proven Goalscorer, has been around this area before at Exeter and is at Struggling Southend. So could offer him probably more money, even with our small budget.

Ashley Grimes - Relegated with Lincoln, last season he hit 16, an allround good player,currently contracted to Rochdale, could be out of favour there, so a deal of something along the lines of loan to buy?

Ryan Jarvis - Worked with Ling at Leyton Orient, quite quick and a good player, maybe an option?

Stuart Fleetwood - A good player overall, at Hereford, maybe a longshot though. A real nuisance to defences of league 2 quality.

James Constable - One of Oxfords best performers last season, the season before that, However even though he is good Oxford would not want to sell him for cheap, he also would be on a high wage so maybe not for us!! :lol:

Any thoughts on them? Just a few ideas. :)
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

Some good suggestions there, some more unlikely than others, but if we signed McLeod I would be delighted, he kept barnet up last season! Very good player!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

They all would cost a fair bit i would reckon, would love to see Fleetwood but not going to happen.
Jarvis has just signed for walsall so that wont happen.

All good ideas but dont think we will get any of them
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Fleetwood IS Hereford. They won't give him up.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Grimes only signed for Rochdale a couple of weeks ago, so I doubt he is quite out of favour yet.

McLeod I doubt would leave Barnet - he's a London fella.

Corr did great last season but would doubt he's available.

Depends on our spending power if/when Zebroski goes.

Expect a few trialists as well on Monday when pre-season starts.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

HRG wrote:Fleetwood IS Hereford. They won't give him up.
I would doubt he would give them up, his family live in Glouster and Cardiff so he is in the perfect place for him to be close to all his family.

Even though he went to Exeter on loan, like i said i would love hom here, but wont happen sadly.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Izale McLeod has signed a 1 year contract at Barnet so that seems like a no. Barry Corr I would like, scored a lot of goals last season and always seems to do well but it's very doubtful that we would get him. I agree with tufcbrett all good ideas but all very doubtful.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

tufcbrett wrote: I would doubt he would give them up, his family live in Glouster and Cardiff so he is in the perfect place for him to be close to all his family.

Even though he went to Exeter on loan, like i said i would love hom here, but wont happen sadly.
Yeah, we're an easy train to Cardiff or drive to Gloucester. Hell, I wish I lived in Gloucester, Hereford* is a traffic plaugued dump.

*But is easily accessable to some major cities and has some good schools. Damn this cr*phole, I want to leave but I remain.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Quite simply, none of the above will happen. As has been said, all are contracted and would have been well out of our price range anyway.

Being realistic, looking at the list of available players we should be looking out for names like Bas Savage, Sam Williams, Ben Watson, Patrick Hoban, Jimmy Keohane, Adrian Patulea to name but a few.

I'm fully expecting a few lesser-known names to show up for trials on Monday.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Stuart Beavon currently at Wycombe Wanderers?
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think Midson was released by Oxford? Has he turned up anywhere else yet?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I'll answer my own question, he's signed for Wimbledon. Alongside Ademeno. Which makes you realise how threadbare our own forward line looks.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Richard Logan. Scored 11 goals for City in 22 games in League 1 many as a sub? Cannot command a regular place. Big and strong .
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

portugull wrote:Richard Logan. Scored 11 goals for City in 22 games in League 1 many as a sub? Cannot command a regular place. Big and strong .
Which is probably why City probably wouldn't want to lose him.