What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

cambgull wrote:Perhaps on a season long loan, Kuffour is a good player still and would love to see him back here. I doubt he would take a wage cut but perhaps Buckle will do us a favour (and no doubt make a big thing out of it to make himself look good) and allow us to pay a grand a week and they take on the rest of the wages... we can dream anyway!
Can you see Kuffour being happy with that even should it be an option though? Somehow I doubt it!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I remember a time when Bristol Rovers were one of the WORST payers. Even their recent record shows them to be a selling club.

Bigger club ? If there was a Tinpot League, they would be in it. Where they would finish in said league is open to debate.

Some higher up the food chain would say League Two is tinpot. BSP is tinpot for sure and we know this because we've been there.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

We have and always will be a selling club at least until we have a decent stadium. Poor payers!!! I think not which was a big part of our problems.We obviously were not as big payers as Southampton who trebled Rickie Lamberts wages when they signed him from us but without doubt we were in the top six payers in League 1. This was proven when Dave Penney arrived in January.He said he was absolutely amazed what we were paying players.He said we were paying well above the going rate!! This is why everybody who could be released WERE released and we have been trying to get rid of players that are still contracted to us ie Danny coles to Exeter and Dominic Blizzard to the dole queue! To be honest I can't really see Kuffour being part of the deal without there being a slice off the Zebroski fee to compensate for Kuffours contract.It could well be on that basis if it occurs because as he has a year left on his contract it may well be that we will give him a free transfer to yourselves on the basis that you pay up his contract. Personally I would like to keep Kuffour because to be fair to him he has scored I believe 14 and 12 in League 1 up until last season when he scored 6 but became very frustrated with Trollopes tactics of hoofing the ball up to him on his own in the air against 6ft defenders. I believe he will score 15 goals this season if he stays with us. If he does go to you he will score a similar number for you if you play him up front with Kee taking the pressure off him.
I really hope you have a good season which you deserve after last year,i personally think you will be pleasantly surprised with Martin ling.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

The era of "poor payers" may be before your time friendlygas. The landlord of the "Gas Inn" (Union Inn, Plainmoor) will confirm it. By the way, he always has a big smile on his face when his own Gas packs the pub. Pay it a visit when down here. :nod:

I far as I've been made aware, the "poor payer" era included the "Smash & Grab" era beyond that of Alfie Biggs, Ray Mabbutt, Harold Jarman etc.

The downfall of all lower division clubs, is giving in to Championship level wage demands. :(
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
copper69
Trialist
Trialist

Post by copper69 »

Warwickgull wrote:Latest on the transfer rumours site is zeb signing for Rovers on Monday with Kuffour coming the other way, not that I believe anything on that site but we will see.
start believing it as this time tomorrow he will be a BRFC player official
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

I think we're all pretty much resigned to it - we don't need to be told!

Just waiting on the fee and if someone else is being included as part of the deal.
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

I dont know what I would prefer..

we dont knw how much cash we are being offered, but I'll say... 150k?

Or, Kuffour + cash.

Now, depending on how much cash with Kuffour, Ithink I would rather the 150k, but then again, I think Kuffour is a better player than Zebs, and would love him back again.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

The thing with the cash is, whether we got £125k or £75k, the maximum we'd ever realistically shell out for a player is £20k of that - and even that would be pushing it.

So on that basis, I'd rather we got £75k and Kuffour as then it at least feels like we're getting some return on the playing side, with the added possibility that we may use £20k on another player (unlikely).

That said, I'm not expecting Kuffour to be part of the deal. Signed and sealed tomorrow, undisclosed fee and a couple of weeks of rumours on how much it was.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

As said, Kuffours wages are an issue, and I can see them being at least double what Zebroski was on, maybe more. I doubt he'll be returning, to be honest.

I think we'll get the similar fee to Benyon, with a sell on. £150k would be good, anything more will be even better. Anything below the £125k for Benyon and I'll be annoyed.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Paul Buckle has indicated on our site that there could be news on a player coming in today and another by the end of the week. He says at the present time all the players are enjoying training and there is no one going out so I assume if there is a deal with Zebrowski today then it will be a cash only deal. Had the feeling,like you,that wages would be a problem with Kuffour as he negotiated another deal with us two years ago when we were handing out good contracts. Good idea when players are performing well but damn useless if you want to get rid of someone!!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

friendlygas wrote:Paul Buckle has indicated on our site that there could be news on a player coming in today and another by the end of the week. He says at the present time all the players are enjoying training and there is no one going out so I assume if there is a deal with Zebrowski today then it will be a cash only deal. Had the feeling,like you,that wages would be a problem with Kuffour as he negotiated another deal with us two years ago when we were handing out good contracts. Good idea when players are performing well but damn useless if you want to get rid of someone!!
Would be interesting to know if Zeb was training with us today (its our first day back) or if he is 'elsewhere'. Suspect the latter.
TUST member 328
miagsygas
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by miagsygas »

It'll be known at 3pm wether its Zebroski who signs for us today, apparently.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

If you look at the picture of Buckle on the BR website it looks as though he's aged about 20 years!! Hopefully thats due to the amount we've fleeced BR for for Zebroski :lol:

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/Lat ... 21,00.html
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

DerbyGull wrote:If you look at the picture of Buckle on the BR website it looks as though he's aged about 20 years!! Hopefully thats due to the amount we've fleeced BR for for Zebroski :lol:

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/page/Lat ... 21,00.html
Christ - he does look old! How has that happend in a month?
TUST member 328
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Gashead1979

One more post on here inciting banter and you will be banned. We've been more than tolerant of your pathetic disruptions.
Dave