What price Zebroski?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Southampton Gull - I should know as i've been a skilled exponent of it for many years!!!
Whingers was the word I was searching for - and there are some skilled exponents of it on this forum. If Martin Ling could find a few players as good at football as we are as at whinging we would be promotion certainties.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

andygullagain wrote:Zebs is gone now and i for one am not bothered in the slightest. He can be replaced. What does concern me is the value of the transfer fee to our club. agree with warwickgull a bit, we don't know the details so shouldn't be making rash judgements but by the same token warwickgull, given the clubs history of giving away players in the past, it is understandable that fans are worried and expecting the same.
Agreed! Just dont see why some feel the need to write their posts and use negative rumours/hearsay as fact! :scarf:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

mlw wrote:Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit Southampton Gull - I should know as i've been a skilled exponent of it for many years!!!
Whingers was the word I was searching for - and there are some skilled exponents of it on this forum. If Martin Ling could find a few players as good at football as we are as at whinging we would be promotion certainties.
I wouldn't disagree but there are whingers, and there are whiners who whine on about wingers when they really should be whining about whingers. I'm of the opinion that on a forum people can air their views without whiners whinging at them for doing so. ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

gullno4 wrote: Theres a photo of almost the whole team jogging, who is the player with the different top on to the left of Shaun Taylor?
Couple of things to notice from those pictures:

At first I thought Ling had a ball up his shirt - he's carrying a bit of a gut compared to the lean and mean Shaun Taylor

Why is Olejnik trying to be a Tea-pot?

Don't know what it is, but Brian Saah looks like a real footballer, like he means business

No idea who the guy is to the left of Taylor, classic hallmark of a trialist though - wearing last years training gear. Impossible to tell who, looks like quite a big lad though
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I can fully understand people moaning at the negativity. Personally though I think some of it is perfectly justifiable given the events of last month.

We have seen a successful Manager depart with his backroom staff and we have seen a fair few of our better (and more popular) players disappear to pastures new - all this on the back of a truly woeful performance in the Play Off Final! The appointment of Martin Ling has (understandably perhaps) been met with some scepticism but people generally are warming to him in the main I feel. We just need some more signings to give us that sense of anticipation and excitement that a new season brings. Personally I think the new signings have been pretty positive so far but as soon as one or two come in, we seem to lose one or two out the door ( I really hope Zebs will be the last for now!)

Clearly the influx of Rovers fans on here have got a few backs up as well and it doesn't help when the Bristol Press "leak" the fee @£35k either (whether accurate or not) which fans of both sites (TUFC and BRFC) seem to think represents a good deal for Rovers, less so for us. At the end of the day though it is not really OUR concern, it is up to the BOD at TUFC to negotiate what they think is the best price they can reasonably expect for the player and presumably they have done exactly that. As fans, we just have to trust in them and hope that their judgment is right.

Roll on the pre season friendlies and the chance to see some new players in action!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I've been away all day and only just seen the news. 35k for Zebs is a joke if true. Doesn't Buckle have any targets who don't play in yellow!!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Yeah well said. Can't he go and raid Norwich City, Burton or even Southport for that matter and leave our yellows alone?! Hey its like the chorus from that PINK FLOYD song from the 80's, 'HEY BUCKLE! LEAVE OUR PLAYERS ALONE!' :clap: :lol: Actually sorry thats not the chorus but the song is called ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL i think or in Buckles case it may be ANOTHER PRICK AT MEMORIAL! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Sounds like an idea for a song at the Mem in August along with, ARE YOU TORQUAY IN DISGUISE!!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Jeff wrote:

Mystery player Palmer?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You do wonder whether our esteemed board of directors have any backbone whatsoever. Look at Plymouth they are completely **** yet sign Liam Dickinson today. Now he is a decent striker. What we need is a signing or two who are going to make us look like a team but is it hoing to happen? - is it ****.
This would be a joke if it was funny.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

With Ridsdale who knows what's going on. Argyle at League 2 level (if you can guarantee you're going to get paid) is a decent move, what person in their right mind would choose to sign for Torquay over Argyle?

It's still very early July, there will be a lot more moves before that Burton game kicks off.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

gullno4 wrote: Theres a photo of almost the whole team jogging, who is the player with the different top on to the left of Shaun Taylor?
Is that not macklin ?
Ausgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs -Legend

Post by Ausgull »

I have serious concerns as to the way the club is heading ,Sold both our Leading goalscorers in the past 7 months Benyon to Swindon and now Zebroski to Bristol Rovers and while we get a decent fee for Benyon it beggars belief that we only got $35k for Zebroski.
After last season s good performance we should be building on this success but with the way things have been going we will struggle in the coming season. God I hope I'm wrong but with exception of the new keeper and Oastler we have not brought in anybody of a decent standard. It s going to be hard to find a forward who can give you 15 goals a season and it makes me think there has been more going on's at the club and behind its back since Buckle left.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

Billy looks like he's got eyeliner on!!!!!!!!!

No Robbo in those pics then???
CP Gull wrote: There is, at last, news on the OS about the first day back - rather read about that than Zebs being sold!

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 91,00.html

Billy looks as though he may have put on a few pounds .... :O
teeboo100
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by teeboo100 »

its hard to disagree with ausgull there these are indeed worrying times at out club however there is still a month to go b4 we kick off so we live in hope that a few new faces arive 1 thing of note why did paul last year bring in craig stanley reason was we simply didnt have the required quality in the centre of the park with the players left after wroe went this season we have exactly the same midfielders minus stanley lathrope o kane oastler ime presuming that mcphee will play up top or wide right we have mansell to go in there however he not exactly a creative player i think we are in big need of a centre mid or o kane will become very isolated and as i see him as a confidence player that is an area that needs help or i doubt we will see much of the okane we all know and love