Robertson next for transfer list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

CP Gull wrote: So much so that they're even talking about signing Eunan now .... never happen though ...... will it? (gulp) :S

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... nan-okane/
If they got Zebs for the reported price then they will likely be back for Eunan. In fact I suspect Buckle has already been in sly contact with him to try to unsettle him. We know the morals Buckle possesses it he would not lose a wink of sleep by stripping us bare and leaving us to rot if they meant it gave him an extra chance of personal success
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

CP Gull wrote: So much so that they're even talking about signing Eunan now .... never happen though ...... will it? (gulp) :S

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... nan-okane/
Saw that was going to post on it as i have full account status on there now :) ,one poster thinks they could get O'Kane for £50k surely not.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i wonder if part of Buckle's "plan" is not just to strengthen rovers, but also to weaken TUFC, to make himself look even better ?? He will obviously be hoping we struggle this year so he can turn around and say "i got that lot to within a game of Div1 - look at them now". i wouldn't put it past the Little Sh*thouse.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

forevertufc wrote: Saw that was going to post on it as i have full account status on there now :) ,one poster thinks they could get O'Kane for £50k surely not.
Two days ago I would have said the same thing about Zeb :@
TUST member 328
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Well we are obviously having a pre season sale at the moment so let's clear our shelves. Zebs, O'kane Robertson. why don't we sell two for the price of one. Or have we done that already?
Last edited by Dave_Pougher on 05 Jul 2011, 20:34, edited 2 times in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Regiment wrote:i wonder if part of Buckle's "plan" is not just to strengthen rovers, but also to weaken TUFC, to make himself look even better ?? He will obviously be hoping we struggle this year so he can turn around and say "i got that lot to within a game of Div1 - look at them now". i wouldn't put it past the Little Sh*thouse.
100% agree - been thinking the very same thing about the sly little f*cker
TUST member 328
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Believe me, I really (really) hate to say this, but Pirate Paul's lot look a good bet for promotion at 5/2, and that's before he taps up Robertson and O'Kane, consequently signing them for peanuts. Their side already looks powerful:

______________Bevan____________
Smith__Anthony_____Virgo__Sawyer
__________Gill_____Stanley_____
Zebroski___________________Carayol
_____McGleish_____Harrold_____

Apart from the dodgy 'keeper of course!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Midfield looks good, not sure about the defence. Happier with our own keeper too. There's a few sides I'd put above them, but purely on the money spent they should be able to virtually guarentee a play-off place.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

McGleish and Harrold together must be one of the slowest strike force's going? There pace combined wouldnt make them much faster than a combine harvester.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

jonnyfive wrote:Believe me, I really (really) hate to say this, but Pirate Paul's lot look a good bet for promotion at 5/2, and that's before he taps up Robertson and O'Kane, consequently signing them for peanuts. Their side already looks powerful:

______________Bevan____________
Smith__Anthony_____Virgo__Sawyer
__________Gill_____Stanley_____
Zebroski___________________Carayol
_____McGleish_____Harrold_____

Apart from the dodgy 'keeper of course!
And kuffour to come off the bench 8/
The gulls are going up
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

forevertufc wrote: Saw that was going to post on it as i have full account status on there now :) ,one poster thinks they could get O'Kane for £50k surely not.
This Is from a certain Exeter GAs. I might have known he would be from Excretia
Complete with emoticon he put in
"so that will £10,000 then :rofl: sorry"
Thats taken directly from the Rovers fans forum. They are treating us as a Joke and I am not finding it funny at all. :@ :@ :@ :@ :@
Last edited by Glostergull on 05 Jul 2011, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

AlexGulls wrote:McGleish and Harrold together must be one of the slowest strike force's going? There pace combined wouldnt make them much faster than a combine harvester.
Don't know about that. It depends on whether they have signed any of that trio from Top gear. I hear they can make a combine harvester do things you wouldn't believe
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Glostergull wrote: Don't know about that. It depends on whether they have signed any of that trio from Top gear. I hear they can make a combine harvester do things you wouldn't believe
They turned one in to a Snow Plough so if anything theyve not added much if any speed to it! Besides knowing Top Gear somethings likely to blow up.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

IF Robbo wants to leave then fine but under no circumstances should he be allowed to join Bristol Rovers. Zebs has to be the end of that, there are other clubs to go to apparently. The Rovers fans are laughing at us and its severely demoralising when our club is being cherry picked by an ex-employee whose biggest fan was himself.
Hopefully we can announce some quality signings in the very near future as we need to get a feelgood factor back as I fear attendances will slump again especially with a price rise.
Personally, I feel the board should have resisted all overtures for any of our players from BRFC to bolster our fans spirit, as now we are just left with a sinking feeling.
When you see Rovers sell their top scorer for £500,000 and us giving them ours for peanuts it does make you wonder. And for those of you say we dont know it was only 35k, well the way to disabuse us of this notion is for the club to announce the true figure.
I live in hope as always but the future is not looking Yellow next season.
Tust member 191
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

Joe Anyinsah was the signing they were being promised today - not Robbo as most had expected/guessed at.