Robertson to Rovers

General chat about anything else goes here.
NHSgas
New Signing
New Signing

Robertson to Rovers

Post by NHSgas »

Hi all genuine Gashead in peace here!! ( i know you have had a few idiots of our lot on here and i will try not to be another!) o:)

I read on here your board have said they will resist any move for Robertson... However i also read another poster claim it Robertson would join the Gas today... well our Club Twitter has just posted a tweet to say another new signing would be announced today!
Do you think it could be another 1 of your players?
I dont blame you guys for being fed up with it we have had it in the past when managers have nicked our players .... Francis took Devon White and Holloway... Bobby gould took 3 or 4 to both Wimbledon and Coventry... its just football ! especially now all the power is with the players...

Good luck for the season

NHSGAS!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

God - another one!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Might have been better adding your comment to the other Robertson thread, but i wouldn't be surprised. he's a decent stopper for League 2 level. Big, strong, good in the air gets a couple of goals a season not much pace not the best with the ball at his feet but you do get a steady job out of him and Bucks does seem to rate him. Coupled with him having less contacts or imagination in the transfer market than me, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one your club twitter is on about.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Its alright you coming here in peace(fair enough) bur there's already 2 threads on this and that is partly what I think is annoying us.

Banter board anyone! :nod:
NHSgas
New Signing
New Signing

Post by NHSgas »

appologies!! :-/ The other thread i read it was commented that it was taken over by Zeb comments ...

I shall beat a hasty retreat!!! :|
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

You would start to wonder what the point of going to Rovers actually was? All these players were here already, we could have afforded McGleish and Gill and saved all this bother of moving!! Stanley was nailed on to sign here, Branno would have probably stayed job done!
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

I do think NHSGas has posted a reasonable and well-intentioned message, and doesn't deserve to be shouted down. If the rest of them posted like that, then that would be great!

NHS - Robertson is a decent L2 CB. I didn't rate him when he first joined, but he's improved and had a brilliant season last season. No pace, but wins a lot in the air, great in the tackle, and toes the line excellently. Now hands off!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

royalgull wrote:You would start to wonder what the point of going to Rovers actually was? All these players were here already, we could have afforded McGleish and Gill and saved all this bother of moving!! Stanley was nailed on to sign here, Branno would have probably stayed job done!
This is true, he said he left because Rovers budget was bigger, but the money he has spent on all our players (even the frees) he cant be left with anything diffrent to what we would have had?

The guys a idiot and it is as simple as that, i dont understand why you leave a club you take to a play off final so you can build and go one better. But ok i can take that and if he wants to move to better himsef then up to him where he goes. But when he takes all our players then it comes to the point and just think why didnt he stay.
NHSgas
New Signing
New Signing

Post by NHSgas »

miltonkeynesgull wrote:I do think NHSGas has posted a reasonable and well-intentioned message, and doesn't deserve to be shouted down. If the rest of them posted like that, then that would be great!

NHS - Robertson is a decent L2 CB. I didn't rate him when he first joined, but he's improved and had a brilliant season last season. No pace, but wins a lot in the air, great in the tackle, and toes the line excellently. Now hands off!

Cheers MKgull.... it may not even be Robertson anyway...
On a side note Kuffour turned down Yeovil this week by all accounts wants to be nearer London so looks like that is a def no go for you guys .. shame as we want him out for some reason and i reckon he'd do a good job for you... your welcome to any of our players from last years squad even the *cough* better ones... they were all useless except the on loan keppers !!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

If the Gas new signing is a CB who is not Roberston then we can expect a sulky scotsman for a few months!

So be it - we need to draw a line in the sand somewhere!

Lets all hope its not Robertson and def not O'Kane
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

'Nearer London' Hmmm, where have I heard that before?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

HRG wrote:'Nearer London' Hmmm, where have I heard that before?
Lets hope he doesnt ask Carayol for directions. He'll probably end up closer to Scotland.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Has Robbo offically said anywhere that he wants to leave?
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I wouldn't be too bothered if he left, I'd swap him back for branston!

...it's the fact that yet another player is following buckle. (maybe)

As others have said- he is better than what I first thought of him but tends to always grab the attacker- somehow so the referee doesn't give a foul but just enough to win the ball. He also has a decent(?) scoring record from corners.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Wasn't it Bayo who said the same regarding being nearer London and ended up in Swansea?
Geography isn't a footballers strong subject. Buy the guy a map someone!