Robertson next for transfer list

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

AndyC wrote:As yet, no one apart from the story which clearly started from this forum, has come out and said anything about Robbo. I wouldn't be completely surprised if this was never going to happen and never will.
To be honest Andy,i would not say "it was never going to happen" It was Kingsgull who suggested there was something in this,i have known Kingsgull for a few years now,and when he says he gets his info from the top,he certianly is not telling any lie's.

It may well be the case that Robbo does not end up a Rovers player,however kingsgull says there is something in Robbo wanting to go there,i would believe him.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

It's fair to say spending big doesn't guarantee success. But spending well gives you every chance. Buckle has done that. I still think the squad built by Evans is better.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Fonda wrote:It's fair to say spending big doesn't guarantee success. But spending well gives you every chance. Buckle has done that. I still think the squad built by Evans is better.
Dear Satan,

You can have one soul - slightly tarnished - plus an eye, an ear and at least one testicle, if you could see to it that the two teams relegated from League 2 next season are Bristol Rovers and Crawley Town. I'll thrown in a kidney as well if you fix it for me so that Torquay winning on 10th March 2012 is the game that confirms Rovers' relegation.

It's not important for you to see to it that Torquay win the league. This is a consolidation season for us.

Love and Hugs,
Chris Ballard
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I do not think its the case that any of us really think that Bristol Rovers are going to struggle,also because they have signed this player and that player all good league 2 players,that it is the case that they will "walk this league" or be "the team to beat" I fully expect them to be top 6 and any thing less would be a total failure for them.

We all know about Crawley as the season unfolds they will simply buy whatever they need for promotion,and nobody should under estimate some of the teams from last seaons league 2 either,Shrewsbury were 1 point of automatic promotion and have brought well,Oxford were not a million miles away from the play-off's i think in Whing and Pittman have brought real quality,and of course Rotherham and Vale are among the sides capable of beating any one in this league on the day.

And those sides i have mentioned have one thing Roevsrs dont have ,a settled team base,Rovers have brought well however they are gaurenteed nothing.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

happytorq wrote: Dear Satan,

You can have one soul - slightly tarnished - plus an eye, an ear and at least one testicle, if you could see to it that the two teams relegated from League 2 next season are Bristol Rovers and Crawley Town. I'll thrown in a kidney as well if you fix it for me so that Torquay winning on 10th March 2012 is the game that confirms Rovers' relegation.

It's not important for you to see to it that Torquay win the league. This is a consolidation season for us.

Love and Hugs,
Chris Ballard
Give him both, they're awfully small and it's not like you do anything useful with them...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote: Give him both, they're awfully small and it's not like you do anything useful with them...

Matt.
What do you mean, 'give them both'? I have 3...don't you? I'd get that checked out if I was you.

In any case, I do use them, very regularly, thank you. I cover them in tuna paste and use them to feed my cats.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Hahahaha, I'm telling your radio buddies.

Tuna paste, Jesus, you Yanks really will eat any old shit.

Matt.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:Hahahaha, I'm telling your radio buddies.

Tuna paste, Jesus, you Yanks really will eat any old sh*t.

Matt.
Duh, it's for the cats. Dummy.

And I'm not technically a 'Yank' yet :)

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh, well, that's ok then...

How is the journalism coming?

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

happytorq wrote:
Dear Satan,

Love and Hugs,
Chris Ballard

Dear Disciple,

Having your guts, nuts and soul I'll decline. Why is it I'm tarred with the brush of being after innocent willing souls when in reality I've only been gunning for complete arsesholes ?

The ambitious sh't on everyone to get to the top. As I'm God the Devil, the one they meet last is the one they sh't on first.

My justice at times may be open to question, but my memory is superb. Our souls get what is just and fair.

Your in Eternity

God the Devil :devil:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

ferrarilover wrote:How is the journalism coming?
Really bloody slowly. Just got promoted at work so haven't had much time recently. Supposed to be doing the All-Star game (Man Utd, again) but I don't want to because I dislike the idea of these mid-season moneyspinning friendlies on principle.

I have a principle...maybe I'm not cut out for this journalism thing, after all...

@Trojan67
Heh, made me laugh. Slightly insulted that Satan doesn't want me soul, though.

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Dear Disciple (happytorq),

As there is only One in Eternity (two if you believe God the Devil is a split personality), all are "doomed" to eternal life in a mind/body/spirit existence.

To willingly offer sacrifice of various bodily parts for the greater good is a noble act and has been noted. Many have made a heaven and/or hell of the paradise called Earth. The initiated know rearrangement of the letters that spell Earth, spell heart. Home is where the heart is.

Remember Dorothy Gale and Toto ?

"There's no place like home."

Yours in Eternity

God the Wizard, oops, the Devil :devil:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Trojan 67 wrote:Dear Disciple (happytorq),

As there is only One in Eternity (two if you believe God the Devil is a split personality), all are "doomed" to eternal life in a mind/body/spirit existence.

To willingly offer sacrifice of various bodily parts for the greater good is a noble act and has been noted. Many have made a heaven and/or hell of the paradise called Earth. The initiated know rearrangement of the letters that spell Earth, spell heart. Home is where the heart is.

Remember Dorothy Gale and Toto ?

"There's no place like home."

Yours in Eternity

God the Wizard, oops, the Devil :devil:
I think I speak for all of us when I say...

Eh?

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Don't worry about Troj, the sixties were very hard on him and he never really came home from Woodstock.

Good news with the job, Chris, shame about the journalism.

Matt.