Robertson to Rovers

General chat about anything else goes here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

tufcbrett wrote: This is true, he said he left because Rovers budget was bigger, but the money he has spent on all our players (even the frees) he cant be left with anything diffrent to what we would have had?

The guys a idiot and it is as simple as that, i dont understand why you leave a club you take to a play off final so you can build and go one better. But ok i can take that and if he wants to move to better himsef then up to him where he goes. But when he takes all our players then it comes to the point and just think why didnt he stay.

These two posts are absolutely correct. Why go to another club and try to make the system work (might, might not, its pretty much a lottery) when he could have stayed at a place where he knew full well that the system worked almost perfectly? With a couple of additions and the permanent capture of a couple of the loanees (Stanners and JOastler, maybe Robinson), TUFC would have surely been among the favourites to go up among those who know L2.

Instead, he goes where the money is, another idiot who believes that the way to win football matches is to have spent more money than anyone else. It'll be the death of the beautiful game.

Matt.

Also, I've never rated Robertson, the guy is a liability. Far too much shirt pulling etc and VERY lucky not to concede many more free kicks and penalties than he does. When you consider that Branno gave away 90% of our penners last year, including two in one match, TWICE, it does cast an unfavourably bright light on the referees in this league. Do they give what they see, or do they give what they think they see based upon the appearance and reputation of the players involved?
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Sorry mate, I didn't know you'd played FGR. :lol:

After experiencing plenty of Saints v Pompey derby games over the years I'm sure I could handle a trip to your place ;-)
It was only a joke. as when Lee Johnson and his poisoned dwarf dad were at Yeovil they both stated that the atmosphere at The Mem was like Galatasaray :clap:

I have never been to a Saints/Pompey derby.

I have been to Rovers/City obviously and Chelsea/Spurs/Millwall/West Ham and I have also been to an Old Firm game, plus a trip to the Derby del Sole between Napoli and Roma.

Rovers V City is pretty bad, it just doesn't get much coverage due to both clubs being largely lower division fodder over the years, but when we play eachother there is always pitch invasions and I never ever see that at any other derby's these days.

I have always wondered which derby is considered the most vociferous and which one has the most hatred.

You will handle our place no problem, it can be quite loud but nothing ever happens unless we play the red lot/Cardiff/Swansea and the odd occasion against Milwall, Stoke and Leeds over recent seasons.

I imagine all of the ill feeling will come from your end towards the pantomine villain Mr Buckle :lol:

We tend to vent all our anger against our red friends and The Welsh :~D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Saints v Pompey games provide a hatred I've never seen anywhere else in all my life. Most of the extreme hatred comes from the Pompey side but I've seen first hand how the "names" come out of the woodwork for that game. Even when I was allowed to play in Sunday Hampshire cup games, if you drew a Pompey team it was always a really nasty game on and off the pitch. I played at Havants ground in a Hampshire Senior Cup Final and there were nearly 2000 people, hordes of police trying to stop fighting everywhere, unbelievable. I've seen plenty of other derby matches but never the sheer vicious hatred you see at St Mary's or Fratton Park. I'd like to take in a Bristol derby sometime, I'd imagine it can get a little tasty.

Being a Torquay fan we don't really have a hatred for anyone else, probably a dislike of Exeter but nothing really covers Argyle. Some like them, some don't but they're rarely on our radar..............nice to get the chance to play them again this year :)

Over the last few seasons we've managed to get a really decent following away (Old Trafford excepted) and I think you'll be surprised at how vociferous we've become, a lot of fans at other clubs have commented on how good our support was at their place. I think we'll be out in force for our trip to yours and hopefully in good voice.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Sorry mate, I didn't know you'd played FGR. :lol:

After experiencing plenty of Saints v Pompey derby games over the years I'm sure I could handle a trip to your place ;-)

Yeah but what about the other 29 you bring?? :)
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Gashead1979 wrote:
Yeah but what about the other 29 you bring?? :)

you're a funny guy. there'll be at least 37 of us ;-)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Regiment wrote:

you're a funny guy. there'll be at least 1037 of us ;-)
That reads better Brady
Formerly known as forevertufc
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

:-D ^^
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Regiment wrote:

you're a funny guy. there'll be at least 37 of us ;-)
You'd better fill the away end, more income for us to buy your remaining best players =D
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Gashead1979 wrote:You'd better fill the away end, more income for us to buy your remaining best players =D
Haha! To be fair, this is quite a funny post.

Let's face it, you'd only need the income from 37 of our fans to make an irresistible offer to our board, anyway.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

See? I knew he was worth persevering with
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Downside is Rovers away end doesnt have a roof over the terrace so we would have to in the seating in the tent.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

AlexGulls wrote:Downside is Rovers away end doesnt have a roof over the terrace so we would have to in the seating in the tent.
No deal. The sight of upmarket housing will enrage the Bristolians.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Great guys well I'll be in the stand next to the away end (Uplands), right at the front row.

You'll know its me by the friendly 'wave' I will give you all for each of our five goals......
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Gashead1979 wrote:Great guys well I'll be in the stand next to the away end (Uplands), right at the front row.

You'll know its me by the friendly 'wave' I will give you all for each of our five goals......

After we score our 6 :rofl:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

They have signed another two, one of which is a defender called Cian Bolger on a 6 month loan deal. I would suggest that puts an end to this thread!