Falkirk Fan Re Olejnik/Tam McManus Striker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Only got to look at what Argyle did with Sturrock and Bobby Williamson. Signed all those Scots, and not many actually managed the right level.

As said, lets hope Ling is using his knowledge and choosing the best ones.
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

Not having a go at anyone, but some people are being really negative about things, we would sign messi and people will say he is too small and too lightweight.

If we do sign Tam McManus, look at the youtube vids, that goal against Rangers for one, the 30 yard strike for Rapids is another. I think Martin Ling is a very good scout and it seems he is turning out to be a half decent manager, lets see through the friendly's how we get on.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Sounds good BUT where is this rumour coming from (directed primarily at the OP)? I mean, how likely is it?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I would be quite happy to see him sign, even though is goal record is not that impressive in recent years and age is against him.
alcohorse
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Richards

Post by alcohorse »

monkeyboy wrote:Haven't heard anything down this way about Tam, sounds like he could be a good acquisition. Would you relocate family all the way to Torquay? Be interesting to know what your perception of the English Riviera is. Anyway, I hope Falkirk keep the wolves from their door and you have a successful season.

Suggest we forward a copy of Metronomy's music video for their song 'The Bay' to McManus, and indeed any other potential siginings - they'll be down here like a shot!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reckon we should even have this tune for pre-match music, tis genius! :whistle: :scarf:
He's got Bayes' boots on!
cowshed56
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by cowshed56 »

Sounds useful and at 30 could be the experience needed up front. Doesnt seem to stay long at a club but Torbay may prove to good to leave. Bit worried that he was out for 5 months with knee problems last season returning in Feb. Also out whilst with Ayr ( i think) 2009 with same problems. Paul Sturrock in his first stint down the road signed a player from the same level in Scotland, who also played for Falkirk called Marino Keith, he proved more than useful at our level and stayed for 4 years.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

What an abysmal pile of monkey spunk that song is.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

cowshed56 wrote:Sounds useful and at 30 could be the experience needed up front. Doesnt seem to stay long at a club but Torbay may prove to good to leave. Bit worried that he was out for 5 months with knee problems last season returning in Feb. Also out whilst with Ayr ( i think) 2009 with same problems. Paul Sturrock in his first stint down the road signed a player from the same level in Scotland, who also played for Falkirk called Marino Keith, he proved more than useful at our level and stayed for 4 years.
Well he is Scottish.

No offence to any Scottish readers. Just a wee joke that was too obvious to ignore. :~D
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

ferrarilover wrote:What an abysmal pile of monkey spunk that song is.

Matt.
agreed!
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

It indicates in todays Herald that names on Ling's shortlist are not just from England, but from Scotland and Europe also. Does this indicate there might be some truth in this rumour?
Hope so.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Lets sign a tall, black, French striker who has no intention of heading a ball in the entire team he's here. Thats what we used to do didnt we?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

cambgull wrote:Lets sign a tall, black, French striker who has no intention of heading a ball in the entire team he's here. Thats what we used to do didnt we?
Morike Sako is a football genius.

There is a video of this guy on You Tube, he is an absolute demon in the French leagues, I'd have him back tomorrow.

On an On-Topic note, I haven't been nearly so impressed by a youtube selection of a guy since Eunan O' Kane.
As some have quite rightly pointed out on the Twainenioneoio (or whatever) thread, his videos seem a little bit, sort of, false, somehow. This is not the impression I get with this geezer. It seems to be a selction of moments, any of which he could happily repeat, rather than a genuine highlights reel showing those one off moments which just happened to go right for the lad. Nothing against Twanienioneoien, I just think this McAnus looks a better player.

Bretty/other pro coaching types.

I think his positioning in the box is brilliant, always seems to find himself in acres of space, and I cannot believe it is down to luck or bad defending every single time, that is the professional opinion?

Matt.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote: Morike Sako is a football genius.

There is a video of this guy on You Tube, he is an absolute demon in the French leagues, I'd have him back tomorrow.

On an On-Topic note, I haven't been nearly so impressed by a youtube selection of a guy since Eunan O' Kane.
As some have quite rightly pointed out on the Twainenioneoio (or whatever) thread, his videos seem a little bit, sort of, false, somehow. This is not the impression I get with this geezer. It seems to be a selction of moments, any of which he could happily repeat, rather than a genuine highlights reel showing those one off moments which just happened to go right for the lad. Nothing against Twanienioneoien, I just think this McAnus looks a better player.

I think his positioning in the box is brilliant, always seems to find himself in acres of space, and I cannot believe it is down to luck or bad defending every single time, that is the professional opinion?

Matt.
I'm thinking before Sako's time. The guy I'm alluding too was around the time of Andy McFarlane who was also useless, even more frustrating as the season before he signed for us, we got d*cked 8-1 by Scunthorpe and McFarlane sent 4 past us. He then proceeded to invent the "duck/jump" which basically involves jumping up for a header and then ducking at the last minute so it'll go over his head, then winning an Oscar in acting surprised as to how they didn't score.

Must be somewhere around 96-99 I'm thinking.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

ferrarilover wrote: Morike Sako is a football genius.

Matt.
You coach them to get in the right positions and they will get there chances. Being a stiker does have alot of luck about it really, you need to get in the right place and hope the ball gets to you (sounds obvious i know) But if you not there running in to attack a cross then you wont score. But yeah you are right its not always down to luck or bad defending. If hes clever and can think and be clever in the box he will also find his space and get a chance.

Tam McManus seems to have a lot about him that i like from the videos. He looks to be very clever in the box with his runs and positioning. Hes a natrual finisher and knows where the goal is so can strike first time, take a quick touch take make a yard of space ect.
At the same time he can come deep to get the ball and take a shot, sit on the shoulder of the last defender to get to a through ball first.
Does seem pretty quick and looks like he can take on players and is quite strong. He he was to sign i think he would be one of the most natrual all round strikers we have seen since david graham?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Cool, cheers mate, glad I haven't picked a melon.

Matt.