Confirmed League 2 Transfers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

Richinns wrote:Stanley should be far and away a starter every game for you. Happy to have him back on a season loan if you have other options though!
I imagine he would be on the bench.

Wayne Brown is superb and is a must starter, Matt Gill has the guile and from what I have been told is a decent playmaker, Chris Lines had a shocker last season, but if he can replicate his form of the year before where he chipped in with 14 goals from midfield and keep himself focused on his football rather than in the drinking establishments then he is still a great asset, and not forgetting Stuart Campbell who despite coming to the twilight of his career will still be a good anchorman at this level and keep the game ticking over.

I must admit I have not seen an awful lot of Craig Stanley, so I will reserve judgement until I have seen him in action a few more times. He sounds a good player from the references you guy's have given him.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

He's a very good player BG, he'd be my first name on the team sheet in this league, any day of the week.

I find it very strange with Stanley, he isn't fast, he isnt the most incredible tackler (although still good enough) and he doesn't have a wide range of passing, yet still has this incredible ability to turn a defensive situation into an attacking one within half a second of getting the ball. I've not seen a player like him in a long time.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

BritishGAS wrote: I would say he is considerably better than Muzzy.

He is back home near his family which could help his progression to be where he should be, at a far higher level.

He was a highly regarded prospect at the sh*t and went to Preston when he should have really stayed. He was fantastic at Carlisle and even Charlton fans rate him extremely highly, It was just the fact that he was never fit.

If he can stay injury free and keeps himself fit, then he should really blitz this division.

Rovers midfield potentialy of Gill, Stanley, Brown, Lines, Campbell, Carayol, Anyinsah and Zebroski will take some beating.

I am actually quite looking forward to playing in this sh*tpit league now, which I wasn't a month ago.

going for the old classic 1-8-1 formation then ?? :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

How the hell are Argyle allowed to sign new players?

They haven't paid their staff this year and according to todays paper are asking them to defer their wages yet again this month. :@

"Workers, barely paid this year, are expecting to be asked to defer their July wages – and to settle for a slice of what they are owed, rather than take full backdated pay over a period of time."

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Plymout ... story.html
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Didn't they recently sack a player for refusing accept further delayed payment of his wages? Farcical.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Fonda wrote:Didn't they recently sack a player for refusing accept further delayed payment of his wages? Farcical.
Yes. Kari Arnason I think it was.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm saddened at what's happened at Plymouth Argyle. With us being in the same division this coming season, I expected some banter with Argyle fans on here. Their worried minds are occupied by other things.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Good point that Trojan, we haven't heard a dickie bird from the Green Army as yet and yes, you would have thought they would be all over us baiting us about the games this coming season. Still time though.......................
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

When they're used to banter with Bristol City, Burnley, Southampton, Portsmouth etc, it's probably more than they can take to realise it's little old Torquay United they have to compete with :)

(Expecting an influx now I've said that)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

They maintain an air of superiority, and it's not going to disappear overnight. We could beat them twice this season, finish 20 points and 10 places above them, and they'd still view us as 'Little Torquay'. Their rivalry is with City. They see us as an annoying little brother, not a hated rival. Hopefully if we can dish out a few beatings to them, they might start to dislike us a little!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Interesting to see Northampton have signed Nick McKoy. He looked terrible on loan for us in our relegation season but I guess that was a tough period for any young loan player to join a team. He played 30 games for Kettering last year scoring 3 goals.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

I saw the other day Northampton had signed a Nick McKoy, but thought it must be a different one. I appreciate he may have improved since his difficult spell with us, but on those showings he's easily in the top 5 worst players I've seen play for Torquay.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

exilegull wrote:Interesting to see Northampton have signed Nick McKoy. He looked terrible on loan for us in our relegation season but I guess that was a tough period for any young loan player to join a team. He played 30 games for Kettering last year scoring 3 goals.
Better than any of the shite they had last season then, who are only able to score goals when the referee gives then 70 yards and allows them to play 2 yards offside, unchallenged. :@

Shitpit division eh BG? As opposed to the world class football played in L1?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Oxford have signed Peter Leven from MK Dons. Good signing that tbh.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Jake Cole on trial with Plymouth