Kits

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Kits

Post by hector »

Looks like our away kit may have been the inspiration for the new Bolton away kit

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-kits/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

That's hideous, but not as hideous as ours.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I actually quite like that bolton one, isn't too over the top like ours. Looks like Porto have managed to out do us though, their one with the blue zig zag and some lame purple dots is just atrocious.

Also, AC Milan shows how to do the stripe without looking tacky.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

i actually like our black shirt, i much prefer it to the endless stream of boring white/blue away shirts we've had recently.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I think it's awful. Not a fan of black kits anyway, let alone ones with yellow zig-zag lines across the front. Looks like it was designed a 5 year old. The simple blue kit we had 4 or 5 years ago had a classic, classy look about it. Probably have to get though another 20 years of zig-zag lines until we get another as good as that.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

i love the away kit, different strokes for different folks. I love the current home kit as well, didn't like the new one at first but it's starting to grow on me a bit.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Damn There was I thinking a thread was up talking about Airfix Kits!
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Once again I'm going to jump to the defence of our black shirt. I think it's more stylish than your average football shirt, possibly because it doesn't look like your usual football kit, which may be part of why other people don't like it, but each to their own. As such I think the Bolton one looks good too.

At least we're not wearing pink like Bradford or bright orange like Swansea. Why we've subjected our youth team to that humiliation I do not know.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Our black kit is nice. Very sceptical at the start but it's not bad at all, our new home kit on the other hand..
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I quite like the new home kit, whereas the away one...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Glostergull wrote:Damn There was I thinking a thread was up talking about Airfix Kits!
There was me thinking "get the kit on" meant something "dirty". :devil: o:)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
fatboywoz
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by fatboywoz »

some of those kits were hideous.cant believe how many clubs have the audacity these days to bring out anything up to 3 new kits every year.everyone always said man utd were guilty but loads of teams are at it.by the way what concerns me is the designs for colchester and bristol citys away kits are far superior than any home kit we have had for years.who the hell designs the kits,how hard can it be.yellow shirt with blue (proper) collar and trims,blue shorts with yellow trim,yellow or white socks (go brazil) with blue trim.it isnt hard.why did we have white socks last season?yellow,yellow,white looked crap!yellow shirt,blue shorts,white socks would have looked a million times better and at least it would have made a statement and gave people something to talk about. :scarf:
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You do realise we have 3 kits which all get replaced every 2 years. Exactly the same for Man Utd too.

The big difference being that Man Utd actually put their kits on sale, we might do at some point, if we feel like it.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Black away kit at home? Are the new home kits not ready yet?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

A mate of mine spoke to a lady in the shop and she said that the new shirts will be delivered on the 26th of July.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.