Successful Season?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

good morning all,just been reading the posts,and as per usual the pessimists are here in abundance,ha ha,no seriously everyone,we will be ok and well again this season,so a top 10 finish again,am not bothered about what other teams in the league are doing with there squads,i believe ling will do a great job for us,also like the players he has bought in so far,so onwards and upwards again this season,so heres a another succesful season for us all..simon :)
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Some of us consider ourselves realists, not pessimists. I've supported my opinion that we might struggle based on our level of signings. What do you base your opinion of a Top 10 finish on? Pure optimism? I'm interested to know, because i really would like to be convinced that there is real reason to be confident.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

eastyorksgull wrote:good morning all,just been reading the posts,and as per usual the pessimists are here in abundance,ha ha,no seriously everyone,we will be ok and well again this season,so a top 10 finish again,am not bothered about what other teams in the league are doing with there squads,i believe ling will do a great job for us,also like the players he has bought in so far,so onwards and upwards again this season,so heres a another succesful season for us all..simon :)
god you sound like the hop skipping princess in Enchanted.... o:)
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by eastyorksgull »

Fonda wrote:Some of us consider ourselves realists, not pessimists. I've supported my opinion that we might struggle based on our level of signings. What do you base your opinion of a Top 10 finish on? Pure optimism? I'm interested to know, because i really would like to be convinced that there is real reason to be confident.
ok realists or pessimists which ever you put it,why shouldnt we be confident,and as you i support my opinion that we wont struggle with the level of signings,and yeah i am a very optimistic bout the season ahead,we all have our own opinion whether right or wrong,i believe we have made good signings,and sure ling will bring in more to bolster our squad,oh and kingsgull like that enchanted lol lol :lol: :lol:
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by eastyorksgull »

morning all,read most of the posts from yesterday,and most seem very happy with performance,ok a few tweaks here and there,but on the whole very positive,woo hoo,long may it continue.ok granted a psf,the new players seem to have fitted in well so far,bring on them geeks on weds :lol: :lol: aonther good season for us on the way....simon
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Get to 50 points must be the first target!! but it's looking like things might not be so bad, fingers crossed :)
Oblivion!!!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think a top 10 spot is a realistic target but all depends on a number of things coming together like if the players gel, have the team spirit and if they are actuallygood enough for this level which a few have it to prove. Ling also has to lay a few ghosts to rest as he may not have a chance of league management should this job go tits up. This may put pressure on him if things don't go so well and could derail our season. Of course he may rise to the challenge and take L2 by the scruff of the neck, we will have to wait and see. On top of that the usual luck with refereeing decisions and injuries will have an effect. So top 10 for me is a realistic target but won't happen IMO. I expect a long hard season with a few highlights but nothing memorable. There is no chance of us finishing bottom 5 IMO. To go down it will be Barnet and time up for the Macc Lads too.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

Good luck to The Gulls for 2011-2.

Let's hope new manager Martin Ling can drive the players on to promotion.
ROI2Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Gary Nelson

Post by ROI2Gull »

Definitely top 8 finish.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

ROI2Gull wrote:Definitely top 8 finish.
............. and back in the room.....hes awake now =D
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Rochdale lost playoff final in 2008, Season after they finished 6th
Shrewsbury lost playoff final in 2009, Season after they finished 12th
Rotherham lost playoff final in 2010, Season after they finished 9th

So in recent years the teams losing the final dont end up doing so bad. Thing could look up for us. Just a thought