Taiwo Atieno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote:It was all very bizarre. We played a right-back at right-back (Oastler), a central midfielder in the centre of midfield (Manse) and a striker up front rather than on the right-wiing (Kee). I don't know what he's thinking of with these new-fangled ideas.
Yes Matt and myself thought Ling's team selection and tatics were revolutionary,we could see this playing a right back,in the right back position,central midfielder,in midfield,and a striker up front,not to forget,having a player pass the ball from his foot,to the foot another player catching on,we could even see the big clubs adopting it soon :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

As disappointed as I am to find myself defending Buckle, Oastler did say his preferred position is central midfield. But if he showed he looks competent and comfortable at right back then that's fantastic news for us.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Jeff wrote:As disappointed as I am to find myself defending Buckle, Oastler did say his preferred position is central midfield. But if he showed he looks competent and comfortable at right back then that's fantastic news for us.
Mansell is a central midfielder and he was played at right back.
I love Mans but i got to be very honest, he was ok at right back but nothing special.

With Oastler, QPR played him at Right back and at Cantre back when he was in the reserves. He can also play Midfield but hes a defender really.
Im a goalkeer and i would prefer to play upfront to score all the goals doesnt mean im best upfront because i like it more.

Good thing is, If he play at right back he has shown he can do very well there, but he has shown he can play many postions which will be ideal and important later in the season.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Jeff wrote:As disappointed as I am to find myself defending Buckle, Oastler did say his preferred position is central midfield. But if he showed he looks competent and comfortable at right back then that's fantastic news for us.
Manse would tell you exactly the same - he still spent 2 years at RB. Don't they say all keepers want to play up front. I wouldn't want Ricey up there.

Oastler might want to play in midfield, but i said sometime ago he appears to lack the mobility to play in there consistently - like a defender might do in fact. He looked very comfortable at full-back.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Fonda wrote: Manse would tell you exactly the same - he still spent 2 years at RB. Don't they say all keepers want to play up front. I wouldn't want Ricey up there.
Oastler might want to play in midfield, but i said sometime ago he appears to lack the mobility to play in there consistently - like a defender might do in fact. He looked very comfortable at full-back.

dont see why not shane.

i mean sillsy wasnt bad.............. 8/ :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Getting the thread back on track...

Has Taiwo signed today ?

Hope so.......
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Getting the thread back on track...

Has Taiwo signed today ?

Hope so.......
It doesn't appear so.

I guess he may want time to think about it. I imagine his "roots" are in the South East and with an ex Sugababe for a girlfriend it may not be that straightforward. Ultimately it will no doubt be down to what we have offered in terms of wages and length of contract and whether he wants to relocate based on what we have to offer. Whilst there may not be any other League clubs out there offering terms he may well be able tio earn a decent living possibly even part time further down the pyramid.

I hope he signs, but wouldn't be that surprised if he didn't.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

So I reached out to my USL contact and he said that the Rhinos side he played in was really poor (2 goals in 13 games). Form with PR Islanders was better, but guy said he generally wasn't that impressed.

I'd put USL at about League 2 level back then (it's improved a lot recently, but this was 2 years ago)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

CP Gull wrote: It doesn't appear so.

I guess he may want time to think about it. I imagine his "roots" are in the South East and with an ex Sugababe for a girlfriend it may not be that straightforward. Ultimately it will no doubt be down to what we have offered in terms of wages and length of contract and whether he wants to relocate based on what we have to offer. Whilst there may not be any other League clubs out there offering terms he may well be able tio earn a decent living possibly even part time further down the pyramid.

I hope he signs, but wouldn't be that surprised if he didn't.
Surley he wouldnt have taken up the trial if he wasnt intrested. He played hard to try and impress.
If he didnt want to come to us then he wouldnt of come down and would have got a trial somewhere in the london area.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Agree Brett, a long trial to take too if he wasn't sure about moving to Devon. Perhaps Lings offer was not as good as the player had hoped for.
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

Im sure he will sign up. Could have been offered a deal this afternoon. Contracts do tend to take a few days to sort out.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It would be beyond strange for a player to acept a trial with a club with out checking out the area and being aleast sure he would want to sign here.

If he deosn't sign here should imagine either the contract offer was not good enough,or another club is interested,any of our in the know posters got any clue's on this one?.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

It could be that he has had a better offer from another club but I think he will sign for us. However, I would imagine that Hereford were reasonably confident that Ian Morris would sign for them but, in football especially, nothing can be taken for granted until the contract is signed as we have found out to our cost on more than one occasion!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Magpiegull wrote:It could be that he has had a better offer from another club but I think he will sign for us. However, I would imagine that Hereford were reasonably confident that Ian Morris would sign for them but, in football especially, nothing can be taken for granted until the contract is signed as we have found out to our cost on more than one occasion!

Yes that is true Magpiegull, didn't think of that. I would have thought if he is going to sign he will sign tomorrow. Not a lot of transfer action is on when a friendly is scheduled so I'd thought he would sign tomorrow, if he is planning to. Hope he does.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

happytorq wrote:So I reached out to my USL contact
Is it just me that hates this American phrase??

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com