Taiwo Atieno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

scottbrehaut wrote: Is it just me that hates this American phrase??
Edited for factuals ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I would be very surprised if Atieno has that many clubs in pursuit. I reckon he will be signing for us.
kittiwake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by kittiwake »

[It does puzzle me that Graham Westley only ever played him once in a 3 months but for whatever reason that may be, hopefully he will find his feet at Plainmoor.
Taiwo was out of action with a hamstring injury during the early vital weeks at Stevenage. By the time he was match fit it was too late as they already had their winning formula.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, he doesn't fit into a system of smash it as long as possible and hope for the best.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

Hi Folks!

Not been on here for a while. I see you have Tai on trial at Plainmoor. He wasn't really given too much of a chance to shine at Walsall but has had quite a varied and interesting career thus far. We did an interview with him early last year and thought you would like to read this as it gives a real insight into your potential new signing....

http://www.walsall.web-fans.com/index.p ... &Itemid=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Cheers Sadlad, decent interview, that.

Matt.
sadlad
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Tynan

Post by sadlad »

ferrarilover wrote:Cheers Sadlad, decent interview, that.

Matt.

You're most welcome, Matt.

He certainly has pace about him, there's no doubt about that. He's still young enough to have a decent FL career.

Dave.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

scottbrehaut wrote: Is it just me that hates this American phrase??
Wow, I didn't even notice I'd done that.

Engrish fail
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14199804.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems he is 'considering' a one year deal.

End of the incoming players if he does agree. Shame - think we could have done with 1 more striker and midfielder but guess that is what the loan market is for.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I really do hope Taiwo signs, it will be a great signing. I have always said that we needed a few more players and after me watching us play against Bristol City I think we should be looking for another Striker. Billy Kee is not the answer. He is over weight, not greatly tall, has got no speed and has a bad first touch. I feel really disappointed with Kee all over. He had a great Pre Season last year and always did well in the Reserve team but never really got on well when he was in the first team. I understand that Howe isn’t the smallest guy in the world (actually far from it) but having seen him play he is a very big strong player and I don't see him being pushed off the ball. Also I can see him being an Akinfenwa kind of player. Big, Good ball skills when he gets the ball down can get the ball out to the wing and turn, also have a good strike on him. I hope he keeps performing in the Friendlies and plays well when the season starts or Ling will have no choice but to buy/loan a Striker in the January Transfer Market.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Wouldn't be writing Kee off just yet. Don't forget he was ludicrously played out of position by **** last season. He does have ability and with less competition up front could well improve his match fitness with a run in the team.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

See, he falls out of favour and becomes Brucie's favorite player. Sadly, this plan to appear entirely contrary has fallen on it's arse, since I still think Billy is class, and will prove as much in the coming months.

Matt.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Kee scored 9 goals in the league last season, which most the season he was played out of position. Our top scorer was Zebroski with 15 so hes hardly miles behined. Play Kee in the right place and he will score more than 9, maybe 15+

Im glad we have Billy and he will show his worth in the right position this season. Just because he didnt score 5 goals against Tiverton again doesnt mean he will be rubbish. Like what Brucie said he will get more match fit and the goals will come.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

IMO - Kee will score 20+ this year if he is a regular and played as a striker

If Taiwo is still around and in tonights squad then I guess there will be a good chance of signing him. Perhaps if he gets on the scoresheet again he might change the 1 year offer to a two year!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

OMG i agree with Brucie!

However from what I have heard they need to sort him out because he literally does eat all the pies.

So they need to sort that out and get his mind right!