what the blue blazes??!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

what the blue blazes??!!

Post by bixieupnorth »

whats that awful pink training kit thats on the youth team lnk, surely not!! branston could've stayed after all!!

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Youth ... 62,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

Apparently it was Harrops idea, and Ling agrees. It is to do with when youth teamers train with the first team then they are more recognisable and stand out more.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

hmmm, maybe its designed to make them try really hard to get out of them and into the first team squad!? revolting whatever the idea behind it is! theres no place for bright pink in a growing mans wardrobe!!
still keeping the faith
ROI2Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Gary Nelson

Post by ROI2Gull »

Pink stinks

Perhaps Ling could adopt a similar approach for players that are underperforming in the first team. Big Mick McCarthy employed a "I had a Macedonia" yellow bib approach when the ROI failed to qualify for the Euro's a few years back. Sports psychology, team bonding, call it what you want - all a bit strange if ya ask me.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

It's only since around the 1940's that pink was considered a feminine colour. Before then lots of boys would've been running around in pink.
Anyway it's hardly Barbie pink is it? More highlighter pink.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

AFC Totton use to play in pink, they even went to Wembley in their pink shirts for some finals game. I think it is a great idea, get the reserves / youth team to play in a different colour so when they are training with the 1st team you can distinguish them at quick glance.

As for the colour pink, does it really matter? Green, yellow, pink, white it's only a bloody colour. My companies colours use to be pink, so we use to wear pink shirts or ties for official meetings to show willing.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

you go into any Yates's bar on a friday night, and it'll be full of pretty boys with Buckle hair and pink shirts/jumpers etc etc. like it or not, pink is "fashionable" :Z
Brady

I Wish I Was There
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i've never seen the words "yates" and "fashionable" in the same sentance before!!
still keeping the faith
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

bixieupnorth wrote:i've never seen the words "yates" and "fashionable" in the same sentance before!!

hmm, good point !! :~D
Brady

I Wish I Was There