did buckle get any abuse??

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"Uncle Bucks" said BritishGAS.

Ponder a moment.

Now which tosser has been tossing who for w'nk money ? :rofl:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

What may (just may, clutching at straws a little!) work in our favour is that generally, Buckle lost the matches with a bit of "needle". His first return to Sid James Park, the first v 2nd clash with Aldershot, losing 4 times out of 6 to Crawley.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:We will fill out your away end no doubt, Torquay have one of the best away support in the league! And even if by some shocking reason we do get pumped by 3-4 goals we will out sing you from start to finish!
I will believe it when I see it, that you will fill our away end. It has only been full about 7 times over the last few years, and that was by Forest, Leicester, Leeds, Southampton,Wednesday Swindon and C*ty, Even the likes of Exeter didn't fill it, and they are better supported than you, Charlton didn't fill it, Even Brighton last season didn't fill it and they were the run away leaders. Unless you intend to bring 90% of your home support then you aint going to get anywhere near to filling it.

As for Torquay having one of the best away supports in the league, Is that why you barely took 6k to Old Trafford for your cup final?

I am not trying to take the piss, but there is no need to blatantly lie, just to try and make a point.

Again, If you think that Torquay will outsing the Gas you are in cloud cuckoo land.

I admire your ambition(Copyright of Paul Buckle) but it is sheer lunacy.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

How many did you take to Old Trafford last year?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

ferrarilover wrote:How many did you take to Old Trafford last year?

Matt.
I think you already know the answer to that one :bow:

But we did take 46k to Cardiff and 48k to Wembley :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

We did, we did, we did.

England DID win the World Cup, does that have any bearing on the present state of the national game.

We appear to be talking about attendances again, not sure what your argument is going to be if and when you get beaten in your first home match.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

yellow wrote:I would favour the more direct Mark McGhee refrain reserved for those weasel like bosses that abandon ship at the first sign of more dosh.

Cheer up, Pauly B
Oh what can it mean
to a fat cheating b’stard and..
a sh1t football team

Gasheads away. It’s big. Be there.
Worth pointing out that that can be used perfectly against Steve Evans when we play Crawley............
TUST member 203
cowshed56
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by cowshed56 »

BritishGAS wrote: I think you already know the answer to that one :bow:

But we did take 46k to Cardiff and 48k to Wembley :)
Think that means you had about 40k hangers on for the day. Dont think your average attendance bears out a 46k support.
At least half of those who got to Manchester for us could say they supported the team during the season.
On a ratio basis this would give you a 23k average attendance figure.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

ferrarilover wrote:We did, we did, we did.

England DID win the World Cup, does that have any bearing on the present state of the national game.

We appear to be talking about attendances again, not sure what your argument is going to be if and when you get beaten in your first home match.

Matt.
You asked me how many did Rovers take to Old Trafford last season, when you obviously already knew the answer, trying to be witty, and I just came back with how many we took in the same play off final a few years before :)

If we get beaten in our first home game and you deservedly win, I will praise you, If you win by a dodgy goal or referee's decision I will probably be less forgiving. If we indeed beat you by the 3 clear goals I mentioned, then I will probably gloat, and say "I told you so".
lukemc
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by lukemc »

Big club syndrome coming back, not got any reletives in northampton have you?
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

cowshed56 wrote: Think that means you had about 40k hangers on for the day. Dont think your average attendance bears out a 46k support.
At least half of those who got to Manchester for us could say they supported the team during the season.
On a ratio basis this would give you a 23k average attendance figure.
It could mean that, you are right.

But the biggest factor in it, is that Bristol has the biggest amateur and Semi Pro league outside of London, so it means that a lot of people who support Rovers and City actually play themselves on a weekend during the season.

It sounds a bit far fetched I know, but it is proven that this is the case.

I am not going to deny that for the big games Rovers do have a lot of people that come out of the woodwork.

Another factor in it is the state of our ground that only holds 11k.

I can guarantee that when the new UWE Stadium gets built our average attendance will double and it will be again back on a par with City.

Anyway I think we are all bored to death of theis attendance talk.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:
I'm not saying it will but when a rival fan posts with something like you have it can easily go off topic and turn into banter between the 2 teams.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Fair Enough Danny.

I suppose it has gone slightly off topic now.

Back to penning some new songs to direct at Uncle Bucks.
mickyflash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by mickyflash »

divingbboy wrote: Worth pointing out that that can be used perfectly against Steve Evans when we play Crawley............

Im all up for singing anti Buckle songs, but I agree with BritishGAS as bad as PBs reputation is round these parts cheating is hardly top of the list,
and Im not a huge fan of singing the same chants week in week out just changing the name of our opposition I think it shows a distinct lack of imagination. so obviosly instead I suggest we nick someone elses imagination...

Man Utd fans (I know another MUFC Chant) sing this about carlos tevez http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZcojfUz ... re=related

the lyrics are:

WHOS THAT T**T FROM ARGENTINA
WHOS THAT MONEY GRABBING WHORE
CARLOS TEVEZ IS HIS NAME
AND HE HASNT GOT A BRAIN
AND HE WONT BE WINNING TROPHIES ANYMORE
ANYMORE (SHOUTED) AND REPEAT

so I was thinking something like...

WHOS T**T FROM BRISTOL ROVERS
WHOS THAT ONE THAT SHA**ED THAT WHORE
PAUL BUCKLE IS HIS NAME
I DONT BELIEVE A WORD HE SAYS
AND HE ISNT WELCOME AT PLAINMOOR ANYMORE

I apologise in advance I know I should be the bigger man and ignore him but its just a thought that started tinkering in my brain at the exeter game when i heard he was there. I stand by the half way line anyway and start chants so ill sing it if you all join in. :) but I dont go up towards the away end as like to be able to see the game
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

I don't see how ignoring Buckle makes anyone the 'better man'. He's shafted us, and we have every right to chant about him.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14