Best Goalkeeper in league 2?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Only going on the friendly reports on this site, my one concern on Bobby would be kicking, which a few people have said hasn't been great. I'm very happy for him to throw or roll it out to defenders for them to distribute, or throw long if he can do that, but there'll be times when he gets a backpass and has to punt long first time. I saw several keepers last season whose kicks didn't get sufficient distance or height to clear the advancing forward line, thus putting their team immediately under pressure. To his credit, although I never liked his up and unders from his hands Bevs tended to get good height on his clearances to give us a moment to recover when needed. If Bobby can't get these clearances away then his shot stopping ability may be tested more than we'd like, but hopefully this won't actually be a problem.

With regards to topic, I have no idea ^.^
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Regarding his kicking, Ling said on his post Exeter GullsPlayer interview that Bobby is kicking with his weaker foot recently as he has a slight groin problem.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Bigman wrote:Only going on the friendly reports on this site, my one concern on Bobby would be kicking, which a few people have said hasn't been great. I'm very happy for him to throw or roll it out to defenders for them to distribute, or throw long if he can do that, but there'll be times when he gets a backpass and has to punt long first time. I saw several keepers last season whose kicks didn't get sufficient distance or height to clear the advancing forward line, thus putting their team immediately under pressure. To his credit, although I never liked his up and unders from his hands Bevs tended to get good height on his clearances to give us a moment to recover when needed. If Bobby can't get these clearances away then his shot stopping ability may be tested more than we'd like, but hopefully this won't actually be a problem.

With regards to topic, I have no idea ^.^
Don't worry bigman. Bobby is extremely capable with the ball at his feet. His kicking is just fine. Haven't seen the same distance as Bevan yet, but if he's carrying a knock, you won't get that.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

We dont need to worry about Bobby. Using his weaker foot and still getting it to the half way line, better than most out field players it must be said.
As Ling said playing 100 games in the SPL? If thats true then we have a perfectly good enough keeper and must put him up there as one of the top keepers in the league.