Taiwo Atieno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
divingbboy
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by divingbboy »

Surely Buckle can't be naive enough to think that Ling would have played someone last night who he's already decided is good enough to offer a contract, but who hasn't signed on the dotted line yet? For what purpose? To give other managers a chance to get a good look at him and make him an offer themselves? I suspect he was there just checking out the opposition, but obviously one can't entirely discount the possibility that he wanted to check out our unsigned trialist.
TUST member 203
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

People seem to forget we are playing Rovers on the 2nd game of the season. With a whole need side pretty much and new manager. Buckle needs to see how we play to plan what he wants to play against us. He would have a good idea what the other sides will play from last season but we are a new side. Was the same he watched Wimbledon the other night. Just because he was there doesnt mean hes after our trial player.
DerbyGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DerbyGull »

Will sign tomorrow according to OS.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 77,00.html
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

DerbyGull wrote:Will sign tomorrow according to OS.

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 77,00.html

:clap: Good news!! He might have been sorting out his house to move down here that could have been the reason why the news has not come out sooner. Great news to hear that! :clap:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Glad to see my earlier pessimism because of the delay in signing was unfounded. I was just worried that he wasn't so keen to join us after all, but it's fair enough that he wanted to press for a longer contract or have time to sort out his living situation.

Our squad is now complete, bring on the season!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

It's really funny how much this guy has changed opinion. When he rocked up on trial we were (as a collective) very fearful by judging his record and a few weeks later we are all very keen to get him contacted to the club.

Fair play to the lad, if he puts the same commitment in which he has shown thus far then he will be warmly accepted here.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

I don't think it's just this guy, I think the fact that performances and pre season results have surpassed expectations, and it would seem this guy is the man to give us a complete squad, which is something I think a lot of people were concerned we would've have when Buckle nicked all our players and Ling was slow to get signings. Now the uncertainty is over and we can look forward with foolish optimism to the season ahead.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Brett - you are telling us all what a football expert you are. So you would have Rowe-Turner in the team over Nicholson. A player who can hardly kick a football in the right direction over a player who has the best left foot in league 2.
If a pro football club really does employ you then god help them. its actually quite hilarious but you make yourself a laughing stock.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Mind you - i would more or less agree with the rest of your team mind you with the exception of Macklin, although by all accounts for the first time in two and a half years he actually got a cross over against Exeter so as we have nothing better he could well get in.
Whats happened to Leadbitter? - you were telling us how much you watched him and how good he was. Now you have "dropped" him.
i am quite amazed you have not our two best signings Rice and Mcphee in the team.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Oh I look forward to Macklin making you eat your words brucie!!

For what it is worth I enjoy Brett's insights, as much as I enjoy yours (they tickle me!). I would much rather take Bretts judgements over yours though!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

Brucie, you're not actually serious about Rowe-Turner, are you?! I defended him when some ridiculously questioned his ability to even be a professional footballer. I think he's improved game to game since then, and I thought he was our MOTM at Cheltenham.

At 21 he's still raw, but he’s strong, athletic and a good defender. He might not offer the distribution Nicholson does (even from 20mins on Wednesday, it was plain to see how much quality we'll see from Morris' left foot), and I think and hope Nicho will play a big role in the coming season. Between the two, though, I'd more strongly fancy LRT's chances of negating the threat of a Zebroksi or Carayol-type winger.

Oh, and come on Taiwo, sign that ruddy contract!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

I've said it before and I'll say it again the past is the past. We all know that Macklin hasn't had a good time at TUFC yet but having seen him play well on Wednesday he could be a threat this year. You can't do anything with what has happened in the past but you can improve in the future and that's what I think Macklin will do. It's the same with Mcphee. I was never a fan of his when he was here last, however his past performances have been at a good quality. It links in with Macklin, you can't do anything about the past but if you give him time I think he will improve to a better level.

Anyway any more news on Taiwo?
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

brucie wrote:Brett - you are telling us all what a football expert you are. So you would have Rowe-Turner in the team over Nicholson. A player who can hardly kick a football in the right direction over a player who has the best left foot in league 2.
If a pro football club really does employ you then god help them. its actually quite hilarious but you make yourself a laughing stock.
Bruice, the team i put up is what i think Ling will be playing on the first game of the season. Its not my choice of how i would play. If you can tell it changes after seeing what the guy does on a match day.

LRT offers more than you think, he is quick, strong, can beat player, tackle well and perform his defensive duties well. Nicho is better at set pieces but is he really a better left back? The pace and speed of wingers in the league does make LRT the better player to go against them. Ling is the new manager and doesnt mean Nicho is first choice because he was under Buckle.

Macklin has a lot to offer and i feel he will be the starting out on the right. Again his speed is to much not to use, they way he played against exeter shows me he has a lot to offer us over the season.

Ok yes you make a valid point over leadbitter, i feel he offers us a lot. Leadbitter or Oastler im very happy with at right back. But like i said its what i feel Ling would play, not what i would play.

Lots of people like/respect to my views and if you dont want to Brucie then thats up to you.
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Are the wingers quicker in League Two this season? I thought Nicholson was very solid last season even against faster players. I like LRT but Nico would be an automatic choice for me at this time.
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

Am I alone in wondering why he hasn't signed yet. Is there some problem, does he have an aggressive agent who is still trying to find a better deal? Does anyone know