Taiwo Atieno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

tommyg wrote:Are the wingers quicker in League Two this season? I thought Nicholson was very solid last season even against fast wingers. I like LRT but Nico would be an automatic choice for me at this time.
There are a fair few out there. I agree that Nicholson was solid against them last season. Im trying to make a point that hes the Automatic choice for many (me included) because he was first choice last season under Buckle.

But from things i have been hearing from Gulls training, LRT has really impressed Ling this season and dont be suprised if he would be playing a lot more games than people expect. He offers speed, strength and stuff which Nicho hasnt got. Yes he has an amazing left foot and one decent set piece taker but him being quite slow i can see why Ling may use Nicho not as much.

New Manager new ideas.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

is the lack of news on the OS an indication that this is not going to be straight forward and that perhaps other parties are now involved?
It surely dosen't take this long to decide if it's your only option?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Worried by the lack of news seeing as the OS stated he would be signing today. Surely this should be official now?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Was the same with Oastler wasnt it? He was signing the next day and it took a couple days after that to actually confirm it on the OS. Hopefully he'll keep up his performances and doesnt turn out to be another Constantine. (Albeit he was on loan rather than trial)
kittiwake
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by kittiwake »

I'm told the delay in signing is only due to administrative reaons. Should happen tomorrow in time for the game.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

'It should happen tomorrow' has been the story for the last 3 days...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

Fonda wrote:'It should happen tomorrow' has been the story for the last 3 days...
yep. still I feel he might not be what we need as well, but still, hopefully he can perform.. if and when he signs, and prove me wrong.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

kittiwake wrote:I'm told the delay in signing is only due to administrative reaons. Should happen tomorrow in time for the game.
Thought we had seen the end of admin issues!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

bc-gull wrote: yep. still I feel he might not be what we need as well, but still, hopefully he can perform.. if and when he signs, and prove me wrong.
Sometimes, I don't know what 'you people' expect. The guy has come in, done a bloody good job, scored two goals and the worst mistake he has made is choosing to pass rather than shoot against Tiverton, a mistake almost exactly similar to the one made by Eunan against the filth.

This is Torquay United, we're in L2 and he was sodding FREE, Jesus Christ!

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

any news today? hopefully he'll play and will get signed up on monday?

i, for one, cant wait to see how we get on in the hustle and bustle of the league in two short weeks, had a fiver ew at 33s this week, too good a price to turn down, think i'll have a few quid on a home win v burton too
still keeping the faith
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Good to finally get that sorted. I think a 1-year deal was probably the sensible choice too. Not sure i agree that Yeoman and Spear being options '4 and 5' is necessarily where they should be though. I'm not convinced either is ready for League football, and where 'they should be' is off on loan, with perhaps a incoming loanee representing a 4th realistic striking option.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Fonda wrote:Good to finally get that sorted. I think a 1-year deal was probably the sensible choice too. Not sure i agree that Yeoman and Spear being options '4 and 5' is necessarily where they should be though. I'm not convinced either is ready for League football, and where 'they should be' is off on loan, with perhaps a incoming loanee representing a 4th realistic striking option.
Not sure that would be required. I can see us playing a straight 4-4-2 so we will always have a striker on the bench (barring injuries). There is always the additional option of CMP as a striker.
Arse! Drink!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I'm sure we will be playing 4-4-2 (and with the signing of Morris, as well as the re-emergence of Macklin that's absolutely right), but it's hardly extravagant to have 4 strikers vying for 2 positions over the course of a season. 3 realistic options to cover 2 positions in the team leaves us a little short i think.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Missed an open goal. Apprently it was harder to miss than score. On the day he signs oooh dear.