How much have Torquay spent so far?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Cambridge_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

How much have Torquay spent so far?

Post by Cambridge_Gull »

I'm not sure if this question has been answered elsewhere, but I was wondering how much money we have spent so far? And how this might compare to the amount other clubs in League 2 have spent?

I believe most of our new signings have been free.

Really pleased with the reports from the pre-season games so far. Sounds really encouraging. COYY! :scarf:
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Nothing.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would imagine that Mcphee and Rice cost a fortune. Apparently we beat off Elmore and Foxhole United under 13's for the signing of Rice.
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

brucie wrote:I would imagine that Mcphee and Rice cost a fortune. Apparently we beat off Elmore and Foxhole United under 13's for the signing of Rice.
:lol:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I don't expect we spent a penny. not many clubs have this season.
BTW. who are you going to choose for your fav player Cambridge. You can't keep a Bradford Player up there can you?
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ROI2Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Gary Nelson

Post by ROI2Gull »

Would imagine the sum total of zero. However, in some cases a nominal sign-on fee to assist with relocation etc would be the best of it.

Can see this being pumped back into the club for for future investment / loan budget.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

ha ha, brucie, you are on form today mate, quality !!

i was wondering the same thing, and it certainly appears we've not had to spend anything on transfers, so all the more credit to Ling for bringing in these players.

compared to those who have gone, i'd assume our salary/playing costs have not changed much either, so good business all round.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Cambridge_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Cambridge_Gull »

I did think it was the case that we hadn't spent anything. As ROI2Gull says, it would nice to see any remaining funds being used for future investment. Is the general opinion still that we might need another striker and/or midfielder. It seems that most people would be happy with loan signings to fulfill these positions though.

Re: favourite player. I'll have to reserve judgement until I see the team play together. And that'll either be at home to Burton or away to Bristol - can't wait!Looking forward to seeing Manse in midfield though; Howe and Taiwo upfront and of course, Saah at the back.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i'm guessing provided Atieno signs as expected, that'll be it for permanent signings. see how we get on between now and xmas, and bring in a couple on loan if needed.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Whats the point in spending money when you can pick up an Ian Morris or a Rene Howe for free. Still cannot believe Connell went for 100k! :lol:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
TCP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Josh Coulson

Post by TCP »

I really think that Cambridge Gull should come and watch his local team...
:scarf:
CUFC4LIFE
Cambridge_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Cambridge_Gull »

TCP wrote:I really think that Cambridge Gull should come and watch his local team...
:scarf:
Haha, no way!!! Torquay born and bred, and TUFC forever!!!

I do follow your progress though the local paper though and wish you guys luck this season. It sounds like the pre-season is going OK - 2-2 at Ipswich was a nice result.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

brucie wrote:I would imagine that Mcphee and Rice cost a fortune. Apparently we beat off Elmore and Foxhole United under 13's for the signing of Rice.
Back to his best!
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Hmmm, carry the one, multiply by the square of the hypotenuse, take away the first number you thought of, and we have a total of........

£0

As for Connell, one hundred large is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Saw Connell play twice for Bournemouth - he was clueless. Unfortunately in both games they took him off at half time and bought on Fletcher - we then subsequently lost both times!
He has scored quite a few in the conference but there again so has Mcphee. That tells its own story really.
Swindon have loaned out Benyon and spent money on Connell. That looks like insanity to me.
Has di Canio ever seen a league 2 game?