New kit available for Pre-Order

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

http://torquayunited.newsprints.co.uk/s ... l%20260711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The pictures from all the players in the new kit and the team photo. The kit has grown on me and i actually like it, so i will be buy it.

Ive added a few pictures to have a look.
Attachments
squasphoto.jpg
squasphoto.jpg (40.61 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
renehowe.jpg
renehowe.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I like it, much better than recent efforts.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

I don't think it looks too bad. Once I saw the blue stripe I was sure they'd conclude you just had to match that up with blue shorts,which I still contend would have looked better, but to my slight disappointment they've decided on yellow.

What a pity that the shirts missed their flight, that'll teach them to check-in earlier in future. A few weeks ago I read that the Exeter shirts got on board their container ship in plenty of time, but were probably misbehaving on the journey, damaged themselves & had to be sold off cheaply
the new shirts have become slightly damaged in transit from Asia

http://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/page/News ... 62,00.html

Bigman
I've only just twigged that the reason we've been in black kit for all the friendlies is that we don't have the new yellow one yet
This is why a number of people weren't overly disappointed by the defeat to Burnley. They had visions of an all conquering pre season Gulls squad beating Bristol City,Tiverton, Exeter etc etc while wearing black. The psychological consequences of them then having to switch to yellow for the first time on August the 6th didn't bode well, particularly if Burton turned up in a dark, or horror or horrors, a black away kit.

Regiment, getting his information from 'Julia in the Club shop' tells us
the socks are yellow with TUFC in blue on the front
Learning that there are two versions of the shirt doing the rounds, maybe it's the same situation for the socks. Admittedly it's only a small picture but the only thing I can make out on the front of the socks is the Vandanel logo. These are probably prototype socks, & the correct TUFC fronted ones could well still be hanging around in a departure lounge of some Far East airport.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Alpine, those Exeter shirts all had JPT Finalists on them :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Not as bad as i fort tbh, but still not sure if im gonna buy it i still prefer the black one!
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Has anyone scrolled through the images on the link http://torquayunited.newsprints.co.uk/s ... l%20260711
The ones of Kenny and Damian are quite funny.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Some of those Red Card ones are brilliant
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of some of that lot, Taylor in particular. :)
Thought Nico's red card pic was a goody.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Does anyone know if the badge is printed or embroidered?
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

i just called the club again hoping for more info on the arrival of the new kits, forgetting the shop is closed on wednesdays. however, i was told that the kits "should be in some time next week", so i'll try again tomorrow when the shop is open again, and see if there is any more info.

and the badge is printed chippy. the vandanel on the sleeve is embroidered, as is the one on the chest i believe, but the TUFC badge is definitely printed (so i was told by Julia in the shop anyway !!)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

I think that's a bit crap, TBH....
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

yeah, i think embroidering the badge like on the current/old shirt would've been better, and wouldn't have looked out of place inside the stripe. part of me likes the new shirt, but i'm not keen on the v-neck either. my boy will want the shirt, so i'll get his, and see how it looks in the flesh before deciding on one for myself.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Does anyone know why they're holding up red cards and with headphones? :lol:
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

does anyone else think "goonies" when they see pictures of Billy Kee ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Regiment wrote:does anyone else think "goonies" when they see pictures of Billy Kee ??
:lol: :lol: :lol: I DO NOW!!!!

Next time I see him looking for the ball in a game I am going to expect to hear him shouting "Hey you guys!!!!!"
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/