Argyle let Dickinson go

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Does make you think his financial demands weren't excessive. We could have done worse...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

His departure was, from what I heard, more to do with failing a medical.
....aka jmgull.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

jocktheknife wrote:His departure was, from what I heard, more to do with failing a medical.
interesting.

but wasn't he there a week before leaving ?? you'd assume he'd had the medical prior to joining, but i guess nothing is straight forward down there at the moment !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

He's signed for Southend now..
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Regiment wrote: interesting.

but wasn't he there a week before leaving ?? you'd assume he'd had the medical prior to joining, but i guess nothing is straight forward down there at the moment !!
He has a dodgy knee. Argyle gave him a week to prove his fitness but he could not. Argyle then (in kindness) did not want to release the reason he was leaving as it would hamper him getting another club.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Tavi Gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Tavi Gull »

I suspect it won't be just be Argyle in a financial stew in Division 2 this year. The frank reality is people are more and more onclined to watch football through screens of various forms than spend money on watching live football.
The recession is componding that and the pre Olympics propoganda won't help football in the coming 12 months either. It will be a struggle for the next few years.