Tickets For Bristol Rovers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Tickets For Bristol Rovers

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

On-sale from Plainmoor from tomorrow according to Herald Express.
No information on prices and nothing on OS as yet.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

never been to the mem, intending to make this trip - any idea if it's standing and/or seating ?? (too lazy to check rovers website ;-) )
Brady

I Wish I Was There
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Regiment wrote:never been to the mem, intending to make this trip - any idea if it's standing and/or seating ?? (too lazy to check rovers website ;-) )
There will be both standing and seating available. The standing is in the corner, worth noting there's no roof so you're open to the elements. It's also hard to get any type of atmosphere going there, I've only ever heard 2 or 3 teams in 10+ years ever make loads of noise, Leeds being the loudest by far.

If the away club are set to bring a lot of fans they also usually give seating behind the goal in the temporary stand (which is basically just a tent).

Any idea how many tickets you'll be given? Guessing something like 1200 to start and maybe upto 1500 if needed.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

nice one, thanks blue :-D

so the away section is on the side then, not behind the goal ?? i think there'll be a good showing from us, so should make for a cracking atmosphere.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Terrace at the side. Seating behind the goal...Are all the singers going terrace or seating? I ask as it'll be easier to make an atmosphere in the seating than the terrace..
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

As Blue said its sort of on the side from the corner flag up to very close to the away dug out.There is then an empty area for about 15 feet. The Stand ends before the corner flag so if its raining you will be in for a soaking!! That is obviously a standing area.You will then have either half or the entire end behind the goal which is a large "tent" stand which has been used regularly up to a few years ago at Wimbledon and obviuously is seated. That area has on occasions created a great atmosphere particularly when Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday came down. I reckon you will be given about 1500 tickets and I would estimate our turn out will be about the 7500-8000 mark given the circumstances.Of course if we have won at wimbledon and done ok performance wise against Watford then it is not impossible that we could reach a 10,000 attendance which would be excellent. In the last year we have struggled to reach 8000 at any game so that would be a great crowd. Really is a difficult thing to judge at the moment because we havent had an attacking side or even one that you could be optimistic of a win!!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

You wouldn't think that in this day and age clubs would be allowed to be in the Football League with uncovered areas for the spectators. It's like the Dark Ages! ;-)
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

AlexGulls wrote:Are all the singers going terrace or seating?

I echo that question.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Excuse my ignorance, but is this game all-ticket? There'll be one less from Oxfordshire going if it is!
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

stefano wrote:You wouldn't think that in this day and age clubs would be allowed to be in the Football League with uncovered areas for the spectators. It's like the Dark Ages! ;-)
They'll be in the Premier League in 5 years time, along with about 50 other clubs... :~D

Chippy, why aren't you going if its all ticket?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I'll be standing on the terrace. We can make a great noise without a roof anyway.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

tktufc91 wrote:I'll be standing on the terrace. We can make a great noise without a roof anyway.

I agree, I think I will be standing on the terrace as well.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

If you want to create an atmosphere the place to be is in the tent.You will be totally lost on the corener terrace.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

am i correct in assuming we'll get the west enclosure (or part of it) and the south west stand. this ground picture from the rovers OS looks a bit of a mess to me, like a jigsaw with pieces in the wrong places ?? it seems to show the south stand for away seating too - sorry, i'm confused :-/
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-07-28 at 14.36.23.png
Screen shot 2011-07-28 at 14.36.23.png (531.99 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
Brady

I Wish I Was There
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

ferrarilover wrote: Chippy, why aren't you going if its all ticket?

Matt.
Because of the arse-aching faff involved in getting them.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.