first manager of the month

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

first manager of the month

Post by bixieupnorth »

browsing and came across prices for the august manager of the month

http://www.victorchandler.com/vcbet/en- ... /6319592/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

quite interesting dont you think? ling and buckle same price. evans favourite tho?
still keeping the faith
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Certainly the ones standing out for a good bet are Port Vale and Shrewsbury. Maybe Argyle too.

Would anyone really put Morecambe and Barnet more likely than Oxford and Gillingham too? Would anyone put them above most clubs in this division?!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

lets hope buckle gets it (4 wins and 1 defeat obviously ;-) ), and the dreaded curse that comes with it :devil:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

I'd rather he wasn't even close to being in the running! 0 wins, 0 draws, 5 loses will do for me!
Luke.

Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

cambgull wrote:I'd rather he wasn't even close to being in the running! 0 wins, 0 draws, 5 loses will do for me!
fair enough :nod:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

cambgull wrote:I'd rather he wasn't even close to being in the running! 0 wins, 0 draws, 5 loses will do for me!
He would be lucky to get to 5 defeats as at the Premiership-club-in-waiting (even though sections of the ground allow spectators to get rained on!) they will not be as patient as we were during our many winless runs and he will be out on his ear and looking for a job at somewhere like Weymouth or Truro to rebuild his reputation ;-)
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Or Crawley...
Luke.

bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the only manager of the month award i want that t.wat to win is for a conference south side in his next job!!
still keeping the faith
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Shame there is no prize for fat b****d of the month. There could only be one winner.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

gullintwoplaces wrote:Shame there is no prize for fat b****d of the month. There could only be one winner.
Indeed - step forward BarnsleyGull/SuperNickyWroe

Trouble is, he would win it every month

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

cambgull wrote:Certainly the ones standing out for a good bet are Port Vale and Shrewsbury. Maybe Argyle too.

Would anyone really put Morecambe and Barnet more likely than Oxford and Gillingham too? Would anyone put them above most clubs in this division?!
Do they need to be above them for the manager to be considered for Manager of the Month? Burton and Morecambe are my picks for relegation, so if either of their managers wins a couple of games in August, i'd think them in contention!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Fonda wrote: Do they need to be above them for the manager to be considered for Manager of the Month? Burton and Morecambe are my picks for relegation, so if either of their managers wins a couple of games in August, i'd think them in contention!
Generally, the MotM award goes to the best form team. Only on a few occasions will it go to a team who have done something remarkable, but you tend to only see that around Christmas and towards the end of the season.

Infact, looking here:-

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/M ... nthArticle" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems to indicate it was the form team pretty much every time last year.
Luke.

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Martin Ling is MOM no question. We start off at a sun drenched Plainmoor, yellow army out in force with a effortless 3-0 stroll against a hapless Burton, go to Saints and knock them out of the CC then beat Brizzle on their own patch where Buckle post match comments on how well his team played, despite being outplayed and having limited possession, commenting on the number of chances created ( 1 actual chance that translates into 10 inside Buckles bizarre mind) and lamenting his bad luck as they hit the woodwork for the 153rd time in 2 games. Where have i heard all that before? If all this is true then at least we Bucks has taken the 'woodwork' curse with him to the mem and we can now enjoy 25 yard screamers from Eunan hitting the underside of the bar and going in as well as Kees curlers hitting the upright and in!! Happy days!! We win every other game convincingly in August, sit top of the league and Ling gets MOM curse free without having to endure a shit September where it becomes customary to lose every game after getting it. All the yellow army lived happily ever after........THE END.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

andygullagain wrote:Martin Ling is MOM no question. We start off at a sun drenched Plainmoor, yellow army out in force with a effortless 3-0 stroll against a hapless Burton, go to Saints and knock them out of the CC then beat Brizzle on their own patch where Buckle post match comments on how well his team played, despite being outplayed and having limited possession, commenting on the number of chances created ( 1 actual chance that translates into 10 inside Buckles bizarre mind) and lamenting his bad luck as they hit the woodwork for the 153rd time in 2 games. Where have i heard all that before? If all this is true then at least we Bucks has taken the 'woodwork' curse with him to the mem and we can now enjoy 25 yard screamers from Eunan hitting the underside of the bar and going in as well as Kees curlers hitting the upright and in!! Happy days!! We win every other game convincingly in August, sit top of the league and Ling gets MOM curse free without having to endure a sh*t September where it becomes customary to lose every game after getting it. All the yellow army lived happily ever after........THE END.
I'll have what he's smoking. :clap:
Luke.

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think the Manager of the Month is meant to be awarded to the manager who has simply performed ‘best’ during that month? Would Oxford winning 4 games be a better achievement than Morecambe winning 2? Not for me. If a team wins all their games in a month, it’d be a surprise if the manager didn’t get it. Or if a team was unbeaten in 6 games, with just 1 draw, you’d expect that manager to get it. But if there are no stand-out performers, it should just go to the manager who has simply done the best job, with the tools at his disposal. If that happens to be the Morecambe manager who’s led his team to 2 wins and 3 draws, so be it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."