Branston going... NOW OFFICIAL !!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

I agree that we will miss Branston. He was a leader and that is something that we'll need to replace. But as Fonda said, on the field, he is replaceable. More than replaceable in my opinion.

There are plenty of players out there that could do the same job on the field that Branston did. Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant for us, and improved us immensly, so I'm not putting him down, I just believe that he is replaceable.
MarineGull707
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MarineGull707 »

We already have one his name is Mark Ellis
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mark Ellis is NOT a replacement for Branston.

He might well have ability but that doesn't equate to a Branston
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I was a big Ellis fan,however a couple of things got me thinking,i remember his perform ance home to Oxford with out Branno next to him,were sadly to me Ellis played like a wandering jellyfish,i then stood behind the goal at Buckland at the devon bowl match and heard Bevan constantly shouting at Ellis to stop wandering or get back in position,which was embarrasing considering there was a youth teamer playing who Bevan bearly had to shout out once.

I hope i am wrong ,however i am now not so sure Ellis is as good as i once thought.
Formerly known as forevertufc
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Great message from Guy:

THANKS for all your epic games for us!

Guy Branston 15 June at 07:33
Thanks so much its a great thing to think I've done this well at Torquay . The club its self is a very good club and well run . Its on the up . keep the faith
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Facebook post:

Thanks Torquay Fans for Everything . The messages, Ive got have been so nice . Torquay football club a lovely club ran by lovely people , who went out of there way to keep me . But Massive clubs don't ring every day !!! So had to do it . Up the Gulls . And here i come Jackos barmy army .
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

JamieE wrote:Facebook post:

Thanks Torquay Fans for Everything . The messages, Ive got have been so nice . Torquay football club a lovely club ran by lovely people , who went out of there way to keep me . But Massive clubs don't ring every day !!! So had to do it . Up the Gulls . And here i come Jackos barmy army .
I don't about 'massive'...perhaps somebody should have reminded him that he was in the Torquay side that won 3-0 up there just 3 months ago... :)

but Guy has conducted himself brilliantly throughout his time with us, so no hard feelings and hope he has 44 great games next season ;-)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Just to note: http://www.football365.com/league-two/7041711/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's now captain there.
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

That should see a few red cards then
I can remember him saying he didn't want to be captain here as he didn't want to get involved with the ref
Good luck to him anyway
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Branno in pink. Looking at the picture i will find it funny at plainmoor.
Attachments
branno in pink.jpg
branno in pink.jpg (15.71 KiB) Viewed 1330 times
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

i miss Branstonbauer :(
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I'm going to Leeds - Bradford in a couple of weeks, will be good to see the Pickler and then do a runner before it kicks off
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

According to me cousin (who supports Hull City) Branno was his man of the match in the friendly between the two sides. Will miss him...
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Just seen Branno being interviewed on our local news LOOK NORTH about the pink kit in a piece on bradford and rotherham. Pink or claret and yellow it doesn't matter, Branno was a yellow and always will be! :scarf:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Silvergull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Silvergull »

Nice interview with The Pickler on the BBC Sport front page. Once again, he comes out of it very well and offers some nice thoughts about our Fan Base. Also a seemingly veiled dig at Buckle too.
A shame that his return to Plainmoor is so far away. He'll be getting a great reception - proof of how you leave a club with dignity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... tml#293363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;