New kit available for Pre-Order

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

what the quality of the shirt like regiment? impressions?
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Robiberto22 wrote:what the quality of the shirt like regiment? impressions?
sorry mate, i've not even taken it out of the packet !! as it's for my boys birthday, i gave it a quick once over without opening it, and wrapped it up. however, first impressions were that the print in the fabric looked much better than i thought it would. i was expecting something a bit "market stall", but it looked quite neat and tidy, still not keen on the v-neck, but that's just personal preference. It's a good shade of yellow, but i've not seen the back, will have to wait til thursday to see it in it's full glory - sorry !
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Shirt's like everything else is all down to opinion's,i totaly hated everything about our last shirt,the style and design were awful.

I have the new shirt,like the design on the front of the shirt,like the style of the shirt,dont mind the v-neck at all,thats the good new's,the back of the shirt oh dear,marsh toyota at the top is quite big,also has the toyota badge bit like a motor racing t-shirt.

And at the bottom of shirt's back,this is just bizzare,(cant do the font)You will find...THE GULLS ',and yes the apostrophe,is there at the end,yep my grammar is really bad,and even i dont get why it's there.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

yellowsmiffy wrote:Which ****ing idiot put the club's nickname in some cartoon font on our club shirt, and which ****ing dipshit didn't check to see if it was gramatically correct. Amateur sh*te. I refuse to buy such cheap and tacky rubbish. I bet the kids are begging for a new tufc shirt this Xmas - not the tasty looking shirts which grace the top flight... :-/

Oh dear...that doesn't sound good. I will have to see the shirt for myself to make a review, and even then if I think it's crap I'll still want one just because its Torquay's new shirt!
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

For what its worth-several "neutrals" liked them when we wore our new shirts to Truro on Saturday.
Couple of "Gargs" we were talking to in town before the game thought it was decent-there's haven't been sorted yet as they have only just sorted out their sponsors.A few others we talked to said they liked them as well.

The Gulls' printing is naff-it looks like an after-thought hidden away where it is(given the grammatic error though- being hidden might not be a bad thing).
Overall though I'm happy with it.
Tavi Gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by Tavi Gull »

I'm afraid this has been a public relations disaster for the Board. The latest saga only makes it worse but the roots go back to last autumn. At that stage the board proudly announced supporters would give assistance in establishing the new kit. It was an excellent idea. Designs were asked for and many supporters sent in their options. Many were published in the programme for matches. All went quiet. Then without any explanation to impose a kit for the 2011-12 season without reference to the previous competition is absolutely woeful PR from a board that is simply consistently poor in this area.

Poor PR in my view directly impacts on the number of people going through the turnstiles and it is an area that has to be improved on quickly at the club. A lot of good work by a very honourable and hard working board goes to waste when things like this are so badly mishandled and the kit saga is the classic example. In my view poor PR has dogged this board since they took over the running of the club four years ago and they really need to get on top of it. It has and will continue to show on the clubs financial baseline and that hurts us all.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

An issue to be raised at the Fans Forum this evening then?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Bloggy wrote:An issue to be raised at the Fans Forum this evening then?
Are you going Bloggy?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bloggy »

Richinns wrote: Are you going Bloggy?
Sadly Richinns I'm still in Wiltshire and won't be down in Devon until the end of the month.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Another brilliantly unprofessional entry on the Official site!

"The Football League has introduced new rules reducing the number of match-day substitutes from five to seven, and the obvious outcome will be more players watching from the stands." :O
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Sounds like a statement of fact to me, Chips.

Why are you so aggrieved?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

ferrarilover wrote:Sounds like a statement of fact to me, Chips.

Why are you so aggrieved?

Matt.
maybe he doesn't like the
chippygull wrote: reducing the number of match-day substitutes from five to seven
however they're gonna do that ?!?!? :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Legal eagles never read the smallprint, bloody useless the lot of them :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Just want to clarify something - is the shirt actually available yet? I've only been skim-reading this thread as its progressed, so although the shop website says the shirt is available for pre-order and delivery on July 26th, if I was to walk in there tomorrow would I be able to pick one up?

And if so, this leads me on to my second question - how does it compare size-wise to last years? Reason I ask is I had last seasons in a large which fitted quite nicely, but a couple of years earlier I also had a large which ended up being big enough to fit Akinfenwa. Which suggests that Vandanel can be a bit randomly inconsistent with their sizing. Is it of similar cut to last season?
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Unfortunately like others I've not been impressed at all with the new shirt and won't be getting one. Although on a more positive note I was quite taken with the new training shirt and opted for one of those instead. For half the price of a replica shirt IMO the training top is much better looking and I for one will be wearing that this season!