Fans Forum - Tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Its all about convieiniance(sp?) though its alot easier for people to order online and do it when they feel. Than having to phone up all the time and struggle to get through as everyone else is doing the same thing...Even more useful especially this season with only having three stands...Even Barnet have an online system! I always order my tickets for there online..
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Red or Blue bounties?

Rock or Con-Air?

Can you get Martin Ling to say 'pwopa nawty' and get it on camera?

Having had many fingers in pies, What was ML's favourite flavour?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Was good. Dinger certainly not short on East End charm.

Full report tomorrow. Don't expect anything groundbreaking I'm afraid, but the odd snippet here and there is worth reading.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

Now on the OS

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 80,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Pretty good summary of events there and nice to see our site get a mention in the process.

My only disappointment was that Simon Baker was happy to lay the blame at Buckles feet for the failure to sign Branston Bevan and Stanley to deals but gave short shrift when asked if Buckle could have been refused permission to talk to Rovers at the time he did. "The past is the past" was his comment yet he was happy to discuss the past if it helped show Buckle in a bad light. Reading between the lines perhaps it was his decision to allow that disgraceful series of events to take place?

Onwards and upwards, in Ling we trust ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Southampton Gull wrote:Pretty good summary of events there and nice to see our site get a mention in the process.

My only disappointment was that Simon Baker was happy to lay the blame at Buckles feet for the failure to sign Branston Bevan and Stanley to deals but gave short shrift when asked if Buckle could have been refused permission to talk to Rovers at the time he did. "The past is the past" was his comment yet he was happy to discuss the past if it helped show Buckle in a bad light. Reading between the lines perhaps it was his decision to allow that disgraceful series of events to take place?

Onwards and upwards, in Ling we trust ;-)

yeah, i agree Dave. Very impressed, yet again, with the way Lingy handled himself. I really like his management style, and i think he's just what this club needs. well done to the board for his appointment.

i detect in the answers from SB about Buckle and contracts, that maybe they've had to learn a hard lesson, and will put it down to experience. maybe they "trusted" Buckle, and as their manager, so they should, but maybe he pulled the wool over their eyes on some aspects, and they'll learn from that. football is a harsh business, and we all know buckle was out for himself.

as for the departures and arrivals, when the likes of branno, stanley, zebba left the club, we all assumed to a degree that they'd be impossible to replace, but hats off to ML and co. as we've done great business and the club is ready to move forward again.

the fans forum is a great idea, and well done to andrew candy, long may it continue.

finally - here's hoping for a change in kit manufacturer next year !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Great effort from OS to get that up.

Sounds like Baker and co were far too naive and let Buckle pull the wool over their eyes. Forget offering contracts as soon as Buckle left, they should have sounded this out as soon as he started talking to Bristol Rovers. From reading the transcript, it appears as though Baker is quite embarrassed about how Buckle got one over the board. Hopefully they will learn from this experience, although Ling doesn't strike me as the type of character that will treat the club like Buckle did towards the end if his tenure.

Also nice little dig from Ling about Zebroski - "He has done a good job on the football pitch but you have to look at the person beyond the playing side."
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Bit odd that he admits to not knowing McPhee's best position!!??
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
DavetheRave
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Zebroski

Post by DavetheRave »

McPhee was spotted having a dip with his family at the Riveria centre swimming pool on Sunday....little aside there
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by chippygull »

Which side of the pool? Left, right or centre lane??
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

chippygull wrote:Which side of the pool? Left, right or centre lane??
:lol:

I heard he was sat on the side while he watched everyone else swim!
(Sorry for the brucie comment - just a joke y'all!)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

chippygull wrote:Bit odd that he admits to not knowing McPhee's best position!!??
No, it was a perfectly fair answer, because that was exactly the question I asked him.

Far from suggesting that he simply does not know, he presented it in as much as he doesn't know, because he has absolute faith in Chris to be able to play wherever we need him most. Dinger did suggest that Chris would certainly be able to nail down a starting place in one position, if he is the best option for the team.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Correct Matt. Even Chris does not know his best position. He is capable of doing a job anywhere on the pitch. ML did suggest that Chris, himself, feels that because of this he will be unable to hold down a regular place in the starting line up, and would only be on the pitch if we did not have a player for any given position (Through injury or suspension I guess). ML said that he has assured CM that, that wont happen. If CM plays well then he will keep his place on the team, wherever that may be.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by chippygull »

So.. what appeared as a doofus answer, was in fact a well thought out response? fair enough. We have faith in Lingy! :bow:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

surprised that more hasn't been made of the fact that the people who were supposed to building the grandstand got the sack.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.