Burton Albion v Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Burton Albion v Torquay

Post by goodluckgull »

Well what are you predictions for saturday? Has anyone thought of some good songs for our new players? I really like the Liverpool song for Maxi Rodriguez (to the tune of Heartbeat) Could we adapt this song for Taiwo Atieno ? The players call Taiwo "Ti" . Rene is called "Ren". Chris McPhee is "Macca". Hope this info might inspire someone to make up a good song.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'll take this thread as an official matchday thread then ? Good, that's that sorted.

I'm looking forward to the season opener. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

I predict a draw. 2-2 Goalscorers Danny Stevens and Rene Howe
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think we will get the season off to a flyer with a 2-0 win courtesy of a Kee first half double. I don't see Burton as strong this year and Darren Moore could get pulled all over the place with Howe leaving Kee to finish the job. Moore looked very cumbersome when we last played them at the Pirelli in the 3-3 draw and his performance stuck in my mind. Assuming Moore is playing that is but he is their captain and not seen him on the injured list.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This'll go in the matchday thread I do later...

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bc-gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Pearce

Post by bc-gull »

4-1 Torquay.

Howe x 2, Kee and O'kane to score.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Can i just tell everyone how excited i am about Saturday?!!!! There is literally poo coming out of my bottom i am that excited! Football is the best thing in the entire world!!! Hallelujah and thank The Lord for nPower League 2 football! It really is shit hot! That wraps that up then. As you can see i am counting the hours down to 3pm on saturday and as i cannot multi task, i won't be going to work tomorrrow. :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
TUFCforever
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by TUFCforever »

Well not long to go to see the mighty Gulls back in League action and see if they are wearing the dreaded new kit. My season ticket is in the car my money for a drink is in my wallet my shirt is washed and ironed so bring it on SATURDAY and a afternoon at Plainmoor just what Saturadys are all about. I think we will win 3-1 and am really hoping we get a good crowd to get behind the boys and show the new lads how passionate we are about our club if they didn't already know. Any guesses on how many will be in Plainmoor? :keepie:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

andygullagain wrote:Can i just tell everyone how excited i am about Saturday?!!!! There is literally poo coming out of my bottom i am that excited! Football is the best thing in the entire world!!! Hallelujah and thank The Lord for nPower League 2 football! It really is sh*t hot! That wraps that up then. As you can see i am counting the hours down to 3pm on saturday and as i cannot multi task, i won't be going to work tomorrrow. :lol:
Gee man. I don't think I will be standing to close to you on Saturday. I may find it more comfortable with the away fans at that rate! :-/ :Z :-| :S :Oops: :red: :rules: :O :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

Quite a good fixture to start the season, I definitely think this game is a great opportunity to get some points on the board early. If we can win it will get us going nicely as we then face a tough couple of needle games against Rovers and then Crawley after Aldershot with the Southampton match in between. Anything can happen this year but I think when all is said and done in the Spring Burton will be the kind of team in and around us so it's important we target wins in these kind of games, especially at home. Going to stick with the same score I made on the prediction league and go for a 2-0 win with Kee and O'Kane the scorers, something tells me Burton may nick the odd goal though. Lets hope there will be a good turnout to welcome the team back and the new gaffer of course.

COYY!!!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

andygullagain wrote:Can i just tell everyone how excited i am about Saturday?!!!! There is literally poo coming out of my bottom i am that excited! Football is the best thing in the entire world!!! Hallelujah and thank The Lord for nPower League 2 football! It really is sh*t hot! That wraps that up then. As you can see i am counting the hours down to 3pm on saturday and as i cannot multi task, i won't be going to work tomorrrow. :lol:
just had a thought Andygullagain. If you can hold on to it just a little longer, Do you think you can leave it all at the mem when we play Rovers. it will be a nice little leaving pressie from us Gulls fans to say thanks for nicking our players and PB
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

LOL @ Gloster
Tq2Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins