Bristol meet up/roll call

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Me +3 on the terrace.

Does anyone know how many tickets have gone?
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

As SG has already mentioned it is worth mentioning the "Yellow Army" will be in the seating area where we can create a louder atmosphere due to the roof.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Is the 'Yellow Army' exclusive then? Does it not stretch to the whole of our support?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Keep up Fonda, "Yellow Army" is the name given to the singers who originally wanted to call them selves "The Ultras".
I was just reminding people of the fact that those who are planning on singing are all meeting up at the back of the seated area rather than the terraces.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Oh right. So what are the rest of us called then? What's wrong with referring to yourself as 'Ultra's' (if that's a description you like). Our whole support is the Yellow Army, not select bits of it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

A bit pedantic isn't it Shane? Nobody is trying to exclude anyone else or deem themselves better or worse than anyone else, it's merely to let others know where the regular away supporters are going to be seated.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

It's fine, it is what we have come to expect from Shane to be honest. The Ultras were asked to rename as the name had a hooligan conitation to it, so what he is saying is he likes the idea of Torquay having a "hooligan" collective which every other supporter wanted to avoid. Great words of wisdom mate, keep up the good work.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I don't think it's pedantic Dave. If the regular away supporters want to distinguish themselves from everyone else (for purposes such as this), they need to refer to themselves as something distinctive. The 'Yellow Army' will be in the tent at Bristol. The other part of the 'Yellow Army' will be on the terrace. Everyone who is present is the 'Yellow Army'.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Shane, as S/G say's there is no claim here from anyone that "yellow army" are some how better supporter's than anyone else, those fan's involved changed the name with good reason, whilst supporting the idea the club were not overly happy with the name and nor were a number of fan's who would not join in while the group were called "ultra's"

All these lads are trying to do is get more organised it would not work if half of them turned up in the terrace and the other half in the seats at Rovers, i have noticed since they have changed the name to the yellow army more and more people are joining in, everyone is welcome the more who join the louder they will get.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Awayday wrote:It's fine, it is what we have come to expect from Shane to be honest. The Ultras were asked to rename as the name had a hooligan conitation to it, so what he is saying is he likes the idea of Torquay having a "hooligan" collective which every other supporter wanted to avoid. Great words of wisdom mate, keep up the good work.
Yes. That is exactly what i said. Word for word. I think hooligans are great. Jeez...
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

Fonda wrote: Yes. That is exactly what i said. Word for word. I think hooligans are great. Jeez...
Stupid and pathetic posts..... annoying isn't it Fonda.....
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Awayday wrote: Stupid and pathetic posts..... annoying isn't it Fonda.....
I'm sorry i thought you were an adult? I made a perfectly sensible point, and you deem it reasonable to accuse me of being some kind of rebel rousing hooligan. Forgive me if i don't take kindly to such insinuations.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote:I don't think it's pedantic Dave. If the regular away supporters want to distinguish themselves from everyone else (for purposes such as this), they need to refer to themselves as something distinctive. The 'Yellow Army' will be in the tent at Bristol. The other part of the 'Yellow Army' will be on the terrace. Everyone who is present is the 'Yellow Army'.
Think you have missed the point here Shane, it's similar to Aldershot, they have a group called the red and blue army, they are group of lads who are not thugs just want to create a colourful and loud atmosphere in supprt of there team, they are well organised, have there own website even run there own supporters coach's, aswell as standing togehter at home match's, they are no better and more true a shots fan as any one else at there club.

This is all the supporters group here at Tufc are trying to do, it in my opinion has nothing to do with regular away fans wanting to be different, every fan who turns up next week are commited TUFC fan's, all the yellow army group are trying to do is bring a colourful loud atmosphere to Torquay games home and away, and to do this they need to be togehther, thats all they are saying if you want to be with them,they will be in the tent.
Last edited by Dave on 08 Aug 2011, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

You were the one who presumed I like the "Ultras" but if you look through the posts you will see I was against that name. Also I did not accuse you of being a rebel rousing hooligan, I just mentioned that you liked the idea of the fans having a hooligan collective. Stop being so touchy.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I understand all that Dave. I just think everyone who is travelling next week can justifiably consider themselves part of the 'Yellow Army'. So you can't distinguish a certain part of the support in that way. Looks like i'm out-voted on this anyway so i'll say no more.