Buckle at Rovers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

Just support the team as normal, as we did on Saturday. There was a little bit of anti Buckle/Rovers stuff when their result was read out, and nothing wrong with a little ill feeling, it will make us more passionate.

Sing TUFC songs, and Lingy's name, and get behind the team. I have no problem with a few songs aimed at B****E, but just don't let it take over the afternoon.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I agree with Nick, carry on as normal and get behind the team we have now and not the team that left us. It will be interesting to see the reception Bevan gets as well when he comes to our end. I have to be honest if we are winning I might ask him what the score is for a bit of banter.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Awayday wrote:I agree with Nick, carry on as normal and get behind the team we have now and not the team that left us. It will be interesting to see the reception Bevan gets as well when he comes to our end. I have to be honest if we are winning I might ask him what the score is for a bit of banter.
if he starts at our end, you should do that anyway, before kick off !! :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Gullscorer wrote:There's bound to be banter and songs, etc.. But let's not drag ourselves down below a certain level. That would not be a good advertisement for Torquay supporters, nor for the club.

Agree. :-D We have earned a reputation as fair minded supporters.

nicktufc wrote:Just support the team as normal, as we did on Saturday. Sing TUFC songs, and Lingy's name, and get behind the team.
Ditto. :-D
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Even though it's childish and way below our level, I thought Cambgull's song was ace.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I don't care what anyone says. The Pipsqueak is going to get it from both barrels, tosser.
Dave

Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Southampton Gull wrote:I don't care what anyone says. The Pipsqueak is going to get it from both barrels, tosser.

That's the spirit Dave lol At the end of the day he insulted supporters intelligence after we paid his wages, and that's unacceptable.

I would love it if we could agree to about face as he walks across the pitch to ensure his underhand tactics get mentioned on the FL show,, after that we could all give him both barrels.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

you should act in the way you are seen by most clubs which is a friendly club who know how to behave at a football match.Thers nothing wrong at all with a bit of banter but at the end of thed ay you are there to support your team and your Manager .The same way we will support our team and our Manager.Paul Buckle is our Mahammed Ali- Martin Ling is yours.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

friendlygas wrote:you should act in the way you are seen by most clubs which is a friendly club who know how to behave at a football match.Thers nothing wrong at all with a bit of banter but at the end of thed ay you are there to support your team and your Manager .The same way we will support our team and our Manager.Paul Buckle is our Mahammed Ali- Martin Ling is yours.

Under normal circumstances that is exactly how we would be mate, but knowing the events as and when they took place I hope you'll excuse me an afternoon of showing my true feelings for a slippery little weasel. I've got a lot of respect for Rovers as a Club and will act accordingly towards your players, fans and Club as a whole, Buckle excepted.

Dave, I think your idea is excellent and I'll be spreading the word on the day to try and get people to do exactly that.
Dave

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Awayday wrote:I agree with Nick, carry on as normal and get behind the team we have now and not the team that left us. It will be interesting to see the reception Bevan gets as well when he comes to our end. I have to be honest if we are winning I might ask him what the score is for a bit of banter.
I'd imagine/expect/hope he gets a good reception. He'd been a good servant to the club. The one player I expect to get a bit of ribbing is Zebs.

As for Buckle; after the game, we can slaughter him. The previous 90 minutes, support the team.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Dave_Pougher wrote:My suggestion,

As you probably know at the mem they have to walk across the pitch to the dug outs. As he does so, before KO, the whole away support turn 180 degrees and turn their backs on the guy in silence. Pretty sure that would get shown on the football league show.

Of course these are my feelings, others may wish to show their appreciation.

Thoughts?

I love this idea! :-D :)
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Southampton Gull wrote:
Under normal circumstances that is exactly how we would be mate, but knowing the events as and when they took place I hope you'll excuse me an afternoon of showing my true feelings for a slippery little weasel. I've got a lot of respect for Rovers as a Club and will act accordingly towards your players, fans and Club as a whole, Buckle excepted.

Dave, I think your idea is excellent and I'll be spreading the word on the day to try and get people to do exactly that.

Great !

A silent protest like that will surely raise questions on the FL show esp. if Leroys on.

friendly Gas, I probably agree in part, but just imagine for a moment if your manager had agreed to join another club before a play off final, denied it, thus insulting the intelligence of your support, and had obviously spoken to players before that final. Think about it, it's not good. Personaly I will not shout abouse, banter maybe, but not abuse, but I am in favour of the silent about face and hope it happens.
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

as much as i agree this prick should get abuse in abundance,coming away with 3 points will do for me
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

friendlygas wrote:Paul Buckle is our Mahammed Ali
He only became Muhammed Ali after spending years with us being a Cassius Clay. Then he got ideas above his station and starting preaching inanities.

This analogy sounded way better in my head.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

3 points and the knowledge that the Rovers job will become too much for Buckle resulting in the sack come January is enough for me. How many times have we seen a promising young manager do well at a tiny club, be linked with championship clubs and then take on a job at a bigger tiny club. He then does shit and ends up back at somewhere like Weymouth? It happens all the time and Bucks is so far up his own shitter that he doesn't yet realise this will happen to him. The Buckle saga is such a tragedy because he did great things for our club which i will always remember him for,then he turns out to be a total wanker. Thats football. No respect or morals.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.