Buckle at Rovers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

I wouldn't get too worried friendlygas it's all part of the fun. I don't blame you guys for wanting to vent your frustration towards Buckle, tbh if I was in your position I'd do the same. I fully expect Buckle to get his fair share of boos and jeers prior to the game, but during everyone will be focused on the match.

It's going to be a fiery one and a good atmosphere that's for sure. Shaun Taylor is going to get a good reception too :lol:
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

cambgull wrote:T. The only way it would work is if we got really personal, start delving into his dirty past. If his wife is there, not even the poison dwarf himself could feel smug about that.
Hope that whatever abuse that arse gets, his personal life is left out of it; his missus suffered enough so it's not nice to have that brought up again.

Personally, I think his ego would suffer more if he was totally ignored - think the idea of turning your backs on him is a great idea. What a brilliant sight it would be if enough did it :clap:
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

I think his "ego" which all you Gulls fans keep banging on about will be massaged more by the noise us vocal Gasheads make rather than a few Gulls fans deciding either to keep quiet or try and give him abuse.

Trust me, he wont even know you're there.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Wrong Board, BG.

By the way, you never commented on me taking up your bet, are you still feeling confident of beating us by 3 clear goals?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:Wrong Board, BG.

By the way, you never commented on me taking up your bet, are you still feeling confident of beating us by 3 clear goals?

All mouth and no trousers I suspect Dave!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:Wrong Board, BG.

Sorry Dave...I thought what I wrote was on topic?

I just think that whatever Gulls fans have or have not to sing to Buckle, it will be drowned out by us massaging his "ego" and also giving Shaun Taylor a rovers "Shithead" welcome.

I am very happy to go ahead with my bet. Are you coming to the game? If it goes ahead :B

We look like conceding a few goals with our new look back 5, but we are going to score plenty.

So it is going to have to be a 5-2 prediction from me :)
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

so how much money are you putting where you're mouth is BG ???

Think the back turning is a great idea....Im sure you guys will spout a load of bollocks from the terraces but the yellow army will be cheering on the team...underestimate at your peril....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'll be there mate, riots permitting.

I did in all fairness accept that the bet would be much more fiar if we agreed on a 2 goal margin, so you can state your preference and we'll make the bet.
Dave

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:I'll be there mate, riots permitting.

I did in all fairness accept that the bet would be much more fiar if we agreed on a 2 goal margin, so you can state your preference and we'll make the bet.
If only we can meet in the middle and make it a 2.5 goal margin :) ...But it doesn't really work like that.

Ok, fairs fair, a 2 goal lead it is. Lets say £30 quid then.

I dont mind buying you a round, giving you cash, or even chucking it into a fund of your choosing.

If you are going to be in any of the boozers prior or after the game, I will be more than happy to join you lot for a pint?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I was supposed to be going to a mates wedding on Saturday so the plan is to hightail it out of Bristol as fast as possible after the game to make the reception, but I'd be more than happy to meet for a beer prior to the game. £30 is fine, I'll make our Trust the beneficiary should I win and I'll happily send you a cheque should I lose, how's that?
Dave

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:I was supposed to be going to a mates wedding on Saturday so the plan is to hightail it out of Bristol as fast as possible after the game to make the reception, but I'd be more than happy to meet for a beer prior to the game. £30 is fine, I'll make our Trust the beneficiary should I win and I'll happily send you a cheque should I lose, how's that?
That sounds hunkydory dave.

PM me or whatever, the details of when you are getting to Briz etc, Then we can arrange something.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

We usually aim to get to most games by 12, if you can recommend a decent drinking hole that has plenty of Magners in stock I'll be happy to meet you there mate.
Dave

BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by BritishGAS »

Southampton Gull wrote:We usually aim to get to most games by 12, if you can recommend a decent drinking hole that has plenty of Magners in stock I'll be happy to meet you there mate.
Theres plenty of establishments to choose from, Gloucester Road has a mile of Bars, Pubs, before you get to The Mem. I am normally in The Bishops Tavern at 12 on matchday which is at the bottom of Gloucester Road and is a good boozer, I normally end up in The Wellington at about 1.30 which is right opposite The Mem and is away fan friendly, some of the others can be a bit dodgy for away supporters but The Welly is fine.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm not too worried where I drink but I'll be there with Awayday who's a bit of a girl so probably the Wellington then. See you there ;-)
Dave

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Richinns wrote:
All mouth and no trousers I suspect Dave!

I missed this earlier. To be fair to BG, Rich, he's not been any trouble and has always done what's been asked of him and I've no doubts he's a decent honourable person, I've got no qualms in trusting him to pay our Trust when we come away with a point on saturday ;-)
Dave