Taiwo Atieno

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Trojan 67 wrote:
Three senior srikers at first glance appears to be not enough. It certainly isn't enough if both Howe and Atieno are out of the side. If only Howe plays and Kee fails to make the partnership work then 4-5-1 is the formation with Howe leading the line with Mansell, McPhee and O'Kane in centre midfield with one of McPhee or O'Kane in the hole.

Likewise if only Atieno leads the line. Hopefully, both Howe and Atieno will keep their form and stay clear of long term injury.
Danny Stevens can kick and head the ball and cut through defences like butter through a knife. If necessary play him in the centre alongside Howe or Kee. :keepie:
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Gullscorer wrote: Danny Stevens can kick and head the ball and cut through defences like butter through a knife. If necessary play him in the centre alongside Howe or Kee. :keepie:
He indeed can and I like him a lot. He's a smashing guy, but, He can also cut through butter like a supertanker through a council estate. And that's the frustrating problem with him. He was great on Saturday but wll he keep it up.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Glostergull wrote: He indeed can and I like him a lot. He's a smashing guy, but, He can also cut through butter like a supertanker through a council estate. And that's the frustrating problem with him. He was great on Saturday but wll he keep it up.
Well, I just have this gut feeling that Stevens, and all the rest of the squad from last season, will play far better this season under Martin Ling than they did last season (or than they might have done this season) under Paul Buckle. True, Buckle left behind (minus the players he took with him) an excellent squad for Ling to work with, but Ling has now built up an even better squad of players, and I just have a feeling it's going to be a very exciting season....