New kit available for Pre-Order

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Jeff wrote:Just want to clarify something - is the shirt actually available yet? I've only been skim-reading this thread as its progressed, so although the shop website says the shirt is available for pre-order and delivery on July 26th, if I was to walk in there tomorrow would I be able to pick one up?

And if so, this leads me on to my second question - how does it compare size-wise to last years? Reason I ask is I had last seasons in a large which fitted quite nicely, but a couple of years earlier I also had a large which ended up being big enough to fit Akinfenwa. Which suggests that Vandanel can be a bit randomly inconsistent with their sizing. Is it of similar cut to last season?

Not been in the shop as I pre-ordered online, and received the shirt the very next day, so clearly they're available. Also, people on here have mentioned buying them in the shop. Whether there is full stock, I don't know, but they're definitely out there! I also wanted shorts and socks for my boy to go with his shirt, and last I heard, they're still not available yet.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Jeff.
I've got a large shirt from the club shop which says 42-44 chest size(large),and I'm not much more than a 40' usually,but the shirt is just the right size for me.
Hope this helps.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Went into the shop last Friday, they had stack's of new shirt's, size wise appear to be the same.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

dont know if anyone else has seen it but u can get the new home shirt l/s and with no sponser????? looks loads better imo

http://www.torquayunitedshop.co.uk/inde ... ct&pid=562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Now that is Snazzy. If I thought I could get that delivered before I move to Russia I'd have me one of them!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

That is a lot nicer - might have to save me pennies!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Just been into the Club Shop and that shirt is not available to buy. It's the centre of excellence shirt and apparently they put their own sponsors on it. Sorry guys.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

ok thats annoying they finally make the damn shirt look half decent and then say, naaah? i almost bought tht aswell what was it doing on the club shop if it wasnt for sale?
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

that link looks dead now

i agree, shirt much better than with the sparkworld logo, i've always thought that sponsored ones should be discounted as yr in effect turning yourself into a sandwich board for their business
still keeping the faith
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I actually had a protracted argument with the lady in the shop who was quite adamant it wasn't on their site and how I must be mistaken. Eventually she saw it there for herself and I think it was a genuine mistake that it was put there in the first place. Honest enough error I guess.
Dave

Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Southampton Gull wrote:I actually had a protracted argument with the lady in the shop who was quite adamant it wasn't on their site and how I must be mistaken. Eventually she saw it there for herself and I think it was a genuine mistake that it was put there in the first place. Honest enough error I guess.
I think the issue here though is not the error it self, but to question and doubt you. Do they not know who you are for crying out loud.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:I actually had a protracted argument with the lady in the shop who was quite adamant it wasn't on their site and how I must be mistaken. Eventually she saw it there for herself and I think it was a genuine mistake that it was put there in the first place. Honest enough error I guess.
There seems to be a blame culture running through the sales side of the club. From tickets to errors on the club shop website - it never seems to be their fault. Human error is acceptable but there does seem to be an attitude that needs addressing!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

To be fair to those at the Club they are trying really hard to address the problems and appointing Andrew Candy has been a superb move as plenty of us can already testify. I think they still have a long long way to go though after the neglect through the Bateson years but I do get pretty miffed when Clubs like Stevenage and Exeter are light years ahead of us in promoting the Club.

I had a long chat with Mark (Mid-Devon) on Saturday and he has some brilliant ideas on how the Club can move forwards in the right direction. I think the main problem lies with just a few individuals at the Club who seem unable to or don't want to use the ideas put forward by fans who run very successful businesses themselves. Portugull, Highweekgull and Mid-Devon, to name just a few, are really clued-up on how to improve things in a professional manner and I'd love nothing more than to see their ideas tried out.
Dave

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

bixieupnorth wrote:that link looks dead now

i agree, shirt much better than with the sparkworld logo, i've always thought that sponsored ones should be discounted as yr in effect turning yourself into a sandwich board for their business
Unfortunately it's kind of what the sponsors pay for...

They don't just pay to have their name running about at Plainmoor on a Saturday afternoon - they also benefit from having the supporters wandering around advertising their business.

Everyone would prefer a replica shirt without the sponsor, but would we sell enough of them to justify not having the shirt sponsored at all? I very much doubt it.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

All we need to do is the same as Southampton last season, get some stupidly rich investor to pay the club not to have a shirt sponsor. Problem is the shirt made them look like the were adverts for the Jamican beer Red Stripe lol.