Bristol Rovers

General chat about anything else goes here.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Bristol Rovers

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I just had a quick peek on the Brizzle Rovers site. :whistle:

There are a few on there questioning Buckle's substitutions and the fact he consistently plays strikers on the wing! :lol:

Also, Zebs is getting a hard time from their fans. Buckle left him on and subbed off Kuffour instead so the crowd boo'd apparently. They are also wondering why Carayol can't get a look in! :rofl:

I guess the grass isn't always greener eh Zebs?
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's something they will need to get used to just as we all did :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

Hello people I was just after a insight into zebroki
SteveDeckchair wrote:Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I just had a quick peek on the Brizzle Rovers site. :whistle:

There are a few on there questioning Buckle's substitutions and the fact he consistently plays strikers on the wing! :lol:

Also, Zebs is getting a hard time from their fans. Buckle left him on and subbed off Kuffour instead so the crowd boo'd apparently. They are also wondering why Carayol can't get a look in! :rofl:

I guess the grass isn't always greener eh Zebs?
Hi all is zebs better as a winger or striker in your opinions as we have a lot of people on his back already he just seems to me that he is trying to hard. Alot think he is utter rubbish which to me is mad I hope and believe he will come good. As for carayol that is a very strange situation he comes on as a sub quite often plays fantastic but never gets a start. Oh yeah you are right by the way buckle does like to complain about the pitch,to dry or grass was to long quite funny really.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

Zebs was played as a winger for most of his time with us, but last season he was played up front a bit more.

In my opinion, he is a better winger and lacks the composure in front of goal of a proper centre forward. He has a tendency to try and break the net and often blazes the ball wide or high. His work rate gets him into goal scoring positions though and i'm sure he'll come good for you.

One thing is for certain and that is that he had 100% support from Torquay fans and we accepted him with all his shortcomings (control, composure, red mist). He did very well with us.

As for Carayol, all Torquay fans saw this as a strange signing for Bucks. Buckle froze him out at Torquay, I think because he is lazy. Definitely a flair player that is a bit of a luxury as Bucks likes his players to work hard too. Carayol will do nothing on heavy pitches in the middle of winter and if he gets a hard tackle early on, you'd hardly even know he was on the pitch for the rest of the game.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Zebs is a really good player, but not good enough for a team with your aspirations gasman. IMO.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

To be honest I think he will come good but the problem with a lot of our fans are they have no patience problem at our club I don't know if you get the same problem is there always seems to be a player who gets hounded. Its just a shame the fans don't get behind the players 100% as I think it would help with his confidence which seems really low at the moment. As for our aspirations some of the realists like me believe we will finish mid table and I would be happy with this then to push on next season. I think we have been hyped up far too much and this could be our downfall. Anyway thanks for the info on zebs etc enjoy your season. :)
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

What happened today v hereford? my accumulator went for a burton!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

austrianandygull wrote:What happened today v hereford? my accumulator went for a burton!
What happened against hereford was we were rubbish and so was hereford it was a very very poor match to be honest I don't know if the cup match took it out of the players or what but it was poor. I am a little concerned with playing players out of position scott mcgleish is not a winger he is a poacher around the box but was on the wing. It seems buckle likes having 4 strikers on the pitch even if there not playing in there best position however buckle done a great job with you so I will trust what he is doing. :whistle:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Playing players out of position? Never had that problem when Buckle was here..................................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Southampton Gull wrote:Playing players out of position? Never had that problem when Buckle was here..................................
:rofl:

I do find it funny when Buckle left we all said what he was like and all the Rovers fans just didnt believe that. Zebs is very hit or miss, but you cant fault his effort. I would rather see him on the wing as he did beat the full back and managed to get shots in or crosses in for us which did well for us.
If you dont want him, we will have him back :-D Would rather him to Stevens.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Strange selections and subs next it will be poor excuses,,,,,,

hang on a minute.

http://www.givemefootball.com/league-tw ... ates-pitch

lol

leopard, spots, limitations ect you could almost write script for the next six months...
gasman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by gasman »

Well last week at macclesfield the grass was too long then yesterday the pitch was too dry even though we had monsoon rain for the past week and sprinklers on before the match and at half time. Sorry but I can't wait until the rugby starts to see what he makes of that wait until they have pulled the grass out he will be pulling his hair out. As for subs well I'm not starting on that YET.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Getting used to his excuses then lads? Good, good.
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

gasman wrote:Hello people I was just after a insight into zebroki
I'd have him back here in a heartbeat. Best position is on the right wing for me. He is quicker than he looks at times. He gives it 100%, although is perhaps a bit of a confidence player, but was our best outlet to relieve pressure. Temper can be a bit of an issue sometimes.
Arse! Drink!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is part of a post i made on Bristol Rovers alternative forum on the 24th June.

An insight into Buckle, he will constantly play, players out of position, if this has a negative effect on a player and your team, this will not worry Buckle, he will not change it for at least 10 games or more, he will never at any point admit he got it wrong,he will fall out with some of these players who will leave whether they want or not.

Buckle has no problem taking the glory when things are going right, and to be honest I have no problem with that, however will never at any point take responsibility when things are not going so well, he will point to every reason under the sun why its not his fault.

Buckle will never drop or substitute his favourite players no matter how tired or out of form they are, and do not expect any honesty if your team has an off day, he will go on about how unlucky you were not score despite not having shot on target, and blame the ground staff for not watering the pitch enough.

Enough said as i move swiftly on.
Formerly known as forevertufc