Northampton vs Torquay

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I wonder if there is going to be a minutes silence tomorrow with regards to 9/11?
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Interesting that they lined up with 5 across the midfield. Wonder if they'll play that formation at home with our visit on Saturday. If that is the case, it could be a drab affair with both teams happy for a point.

I would urge anyone not to underestimate Northampton, despite their league position, they have a solid side and will be tough to break down with a rather sizeable threat up top. ;-)
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Awayday wrote:I wonder if there is going to be a minutes silence tomorrow with regards to 9/11?

Er, um, no.

Tomorrow is 9/10.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

No, tomorrow is 10/09.

09/11 is not for a couple of months yet

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Scott Brehaut wrote:No, tomorrow is 10/09.

09/11 is not for a couple of months yet
Yeah, Americans and their "Engleesh". ;-)

"Pissed" to an American does not mean the same as "pissed" to an English professional social drinker.

To those who don't know, "pissed" to "Uncle Sam" means "pissed" as in seriously pissed off. :nod:

After 9/11, Americans were seriously pissed.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Yeah, Americans and their "Engleesh". ;-)

"Pissed" to an American does not mean the same as "pissed" to an English professional social drinker.

To those who don't know, "pissed" to "Uncle Sam" means "pissed" as in seriously pissed off. :nod:

After 9/11, Americans were seriously pissed.[/quote]

Interestingly I went out and got pissed that night.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Have the funny feeling you will lose tomorrow and its for the same reason that I think we will lose because Northampton and Bradford City will come good. Best of luck though. It seems on our forum that Stanley cant even get in the squad tomorrow which is complete and utter crap.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

friendlygas wrote:Have the funny feeling you will lose tomorrow and its for the same reason that I think we will lose because Northampton and Bradford City will come good. Best of luck though. It seems on our forum that Stanley cant even get in the squad tomorrow which is complete and utter crap.
Back on topic, well done friendlygas. :-D
A Cobbler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Cobbler »

Hi guys, a Cobblers fan here.

I know before the first game of last season some eejit fan of ours came on here and gave you all some stick which soured your views of us a bit. So I thought I'd come on here and show you that we're not all morons.

Obviously you've started very well again this season but I see that a few of you have have put us down to win. To be honest you all have more expectation in a Cobblers win than our own fans at the moment. It really depends on how your defence perform on the day. Pretty much every game this year with the exception of the first two, we have let in at least two goals which is making it very hard for us to win.

I don't know how well your defence has done, although your league position suggests they're doing quite well. But I have to admit to being a bit relieved that Guy Branston is no longer in your team. He was one of the very few people who seemed to handle Bayo Akinfenwa, so hopefully Bayo will be firing on cylinders, which is a scary thought. But either way if your defence is up to the task today you should be able to get something from the game, especially taking into consideration your away form.

Anyway, best of luck for the season guys (with the exception of today of course)!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

going for 0-2 away win today, think ling will have ironed out his first 45 problems now after 6 or 7 games and we'll be at em from the off
still keeping the faith
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

A Cobbler wrote:Hi guys, a Cobblers fan here.

I know before the first game of last season some eejit fan of ours came on here and gave you all some stick which soured your views of us a bit. So I thought I'd come on here and show you that we're not all morons.

Obviously you've started very well again this season but I see that a few of you have have put us down to win. To be honest you all have more expectation in a Cobblers win than our own fans at the moment. It really depends on how your defence perform on the day. Pretty much every game this year with the exception of the first two, we have let in at least two goals which is making it very hard for us to win.

I don't know how well your defence has done, although your league position suggests they're doing quite well. But I have to admit to being a bit relieved that Guy Branston is no longer in your team. He was one of the very few people who seemed to handle Bayo Akinfenwa, so hopefully Bayo will be firing on cylinders, which is a scary thought. But either way if your defence is up to the task today you should be able to get something from the game, especially taking into consideration your away form.

Anyway, best of luck for the season guys (with the exception of today of course)!
I hope I'm wrong but if Bayo is firing on all cylinders like you say, I think our centre backs may find him hard to deal with, especially his size! Branno counter balanced him last time and Bayo did absolutely nothing all game but as you state, he's no longer with us!!

Were just gunna have to get it going through the midfield and up top and score more goals than we concede, I'd take a 10-9 win today haha!!
A Cobbler
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Cobbler »

tufc si wrote: I hope I'm wrong but if Bayo is firing on all cylinders like you say, I think our centre backs may find him hard to deal with, especially his size! Branno counter balanced him last time and Bayo did absolutely nothing all game but as you state, he's no longer with us!!

Were just gunna have to get it going through the midfield and up top and score more goals than we concede, I'd take a 10-9 win today haha!!
Bayo was certainly on fire against Southend last Saturday. He caused their centre-backs no end of problems and scored an absolute stunner too.

And knowing our defence, I wouldn't rule out you getting 10 goals either ;-)
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper

Post by tufc si »

A Cobbler wrote: Bayo was certainly on fire against Southend last Saturday. He caused their centre-backs no end of problems and scored an absolute stunner too.

And knowing our defence, I wouldn't rule out you getting 10 goals either ;-)
Yeah I saw it mate, was an absolute peach!!

I'd happily take 10 haha!! :clap:
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Going on what Cobbler said, im going for a 5-5 draw haha. Na i hope we get a 2-0 / 2-1 win. But who knows footballs a funny game
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I can see us winning quite comfortably today. Why? Simply, because even though it is my closest game, I cannot afford to go and we end up playing sh*t every time I go to a game.

Therefore, WIN! 2-0.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"