Your chance to design next years home kit

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

SouthamptonGull wrote:
I'll tell you what, those Gull motifs are the dogs danglies, I reckon that's the best idea I've seen, brilliant
A nice blue too.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Good idea. Move them down a bit, so there's more of it showing and that would be a terrific kit.

That said, I'd like our home kit to stay the shade of yellow it is now, so maybe better as an away or third kit.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

YellowM25 wrote:A bit "out there" but I reckon that looks smart

YellowM25
I really like this! But if it was the other way around (blue logo bit, yellow main kit) then it would look really nice :)
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

how do i add a image on here from paint? .. bare with me, my first time at doing this!
YellowM25
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by YellowM25 »

Gulliball wrote:Good idea. Move them down a bit, so there's more of it showing and that would be a terrific kit.

That said, I'd like our home kit to stay the shade of yellow it is now, so maybe better as an away or third kit.
Hmm, well I wanted space for the un-necessarily large sparkworld logo (would be nice if we could get it cut down!)

Agree about the colours, part of me is loathe to make it blue with yellow, much rather the other way around... but didn't look great.

Anyways... glad people like it, so going to send this off to the powers... they can tidy it up for me! :)

YellowM25
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

M25's is awesome, never seen a kit design like that before!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Now i'm worried. Being a boring traditionalist, the shirt i've liked least (and i don't mean any disrespect M25, i'm just clearly not trendy enough), is the one with the 'gull'. And that's the one the majority of the people in this thread would vote for! I'm out of touch, and judging by this small cross section of supporters, destined not to buy the new kit i reckon...
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

YellowM25
YellowM25 - cracking idea, can you re-post with the colours changed round so we can see what it looks like with the predominant colour being yellow and the logo round the neckline blue?

Remember to send all your designs to [email protected] so that the club can view each kit for ideas and guidance.

Personally I think the kit should have some white in it (hence my design earlier in the thread) as this seems currently to be a superstition of the team to include white with the yellow at home games.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

YellowM25
Tell you what, if the colours were the other way round that would be well nice. Its diffrent to most things. Im a big fan of out new away kits gull design but that would top most things off. Plus it reminds me of a retro 90s kit where teams had there badge or stadium faded in the kit.

One thing i would like would be a collar. The best kit i still think torquay has done is the blue one with the yellow stripes and the white collar.

But still good work YellowM25 :)
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

These were my ideas, but my heart has already been stollen towards M25's idea.
Attachments
Torquay shirts.jpg
Torquay shirts.jpg (43.39 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
Northumbergull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Watson
Location: Widdrington Station, Northumberland (hence the monicker)

Post by Northumbergull »

YM25

It's a winner, and unique to boot (trying hard to get more footy metaphors in)!

Cheers

Bruce
Northumberland Gulls, we drive south to all the games!
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

If we adopt the YellowM25 shirt...I will leave the country in embaressment! :O

I do have a design of my own before anyone asks. Why don't we leave it as it is.....ie WHITE! :)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

wurzel wrote:If we adopt the YellowM25 shirt...I will leave the country in embaressment! :O

I do have a design of my own before anyone asks. Why don't we leave it as it is.....ie WHITE! :)
So we would be the white army wurzel and change many years of the club history (barring the Webb years!). Clever!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Richinns wrote: So we would be the white army wurzel and change many years of the club history (barring the Webb years!). Clever!
In fairness, the kit everyone likes so much is blue...?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
YellowM25
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by YellowM25 »

Richinns wrote:YellowM25 - cracking idea, can you re-post with the colours changed round so we can see what it looks like with the predominant colour being yellow and the logo round the neckline blue?

Remember to send all your designs to [email protected] so that the club can view each kit for ideas and guidance.
All sent off now... Darryl approves ;-)

I will attach the yellow/blue version in a few days when I get home, but don't get your hopes up... I think it looks a bit naff.
wurzel wrote:If we adopt the YellowM25 shirt...I will leave the country in embaressment! :O
Sorry :?

Lol

But seriously, that's always going to be the problem with this kind of design. It's unique and memorable, but there's always going to be a greater % of fans who dislike it (or are embaressed by it). I guess it depends on how well the current away kit was received as to whether they go in this direction again.

For the record, I really like the yellow and white colour scheme. I think the back lettering would have to be white, and would also catch the heads and tails of the gull motif curving round the top and sides, which I envisage will look good. Maybe I can have a stab at creating the back design?

YellowM25