Your chance to design next years home kit

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Love the design but being a 'boring traditionalist' also, I would agree that we need to keep yellow as our main colour? Be good to have that shirt as an away shirt, but can't picture the team running out in it at Plainmoor...?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Fonda wrote: In fairness, the kit everyone likes so much is blue...?
Agree Shane thats why I (and many others) have suggested we reverse the colours so it could be the home kit. If this does look naff (as YellowM25 suggests it might) then the club could always keep this for the away kit year after next.

The home kit has to be predominantly yellow - no question.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

For the record, I really like the yellow and white colour scheme. I think the back lettering would have to be white, and would also catch the heads and tails of the gull motif curving round the top and sides, which I envisage will look good. Maybe I can have a stab at creating the back design?
YellowM25

Thats sounds good and I would like to see it.
TUST member 328
Benno
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by Benno »

^Not sure about this, maybe a bit too amber-ish..

Gonna try and come up with some more later.
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

Richinns wrote: So we would be the white army wurzel and change many years of the club history (barring the Webb years!). Clever!

I thought so too! :)
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

i think i have a nice design but i dont know how to get it from paint to here? :Oops: any help will be appreciated.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Hi tufcgull

I did it by the upload attachment option on the bottom left of the full editor and the selecting the picture from there. Others do it another way (which I dont know!), but this way seems to work also!
TUST member 328
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

ahh thanks mate :), well here it is .. big and bold, also very original ;-)

EDIT: sorry for the size :L
Attachments
torquayyy..png
torquayyy..png (157.68 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

more ideas :L again sorry for the size.
Attachments
torquayyy..png
torquayyy..png (265.15 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Tufcgull my only concern is that having stripes down the middle of the shorts might draw some unwelcome attention to the area :O :Oops:
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

yeah i was thinking that when i looked at it on here. :L
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I could make some sort of pun about spherical objects but I believe it would be unbecoming of a lady :rofl:
Much more original and creative than mine though I must say.
HardofHerringGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by HardofHerringGull »

wurzel wrote:
I thought so too! :)

I suppose I was a little bit curt in my reply to your post Richinns. I think we all look upon Torquay in it's glory days. Beautifull golden beaches, azure sea and endless YELLOW sunshine. Certainly it was like that in my youth. But since a bygone government in it's wisdom decided to let all the rubbish of the country pick up their welfare cheques in the resorts of this land, it has all changed!

That is why i chose the colour white....Smack~~~Crack~~~and whatever other *ack there is out there!
Allblack
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by Allblack »

About ten years ago there was a similar competition to design a new Away kit. I submitted the attached - its age is apparent from the name on the back - much was expected of Eiffion Williams at the time.
shirt2.jpg
shirt2.jpg (21.69 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
While it is nice to see the idea returning, and greeted with such enthusiasm, I agree that the Home kit should be predominantly gold (or yellow if you prefer). Here are a couple of quick and dirty colour reversals to give an idea.
shirt3.jpg
shirt3.jpg (22.65 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
shirt1.JPG
shirt1.JPG (21.93 KiB) Viewed 1033 times
While I am very keen to see the Gulls motif used, I do not think it stands any chance of being chosen. Kit manufacturers are looking for designs that can be sold to a number of clubs by just changing the colours. I would love Torquay to use a kit that was uniquely ours but the lack of economies of scale would result in the cost of this kit being more than the club could justify. So rest easy Fonda. I don't think you will have a problem buying the new shirt when it is released.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

the gulls idea is, in my eyes, truly revolting!!

plain and simple is the way forward, round neck, yellow shirt with blue and white trim, saying that i do like the peru style one, but the sparkworld logo would completely ruin its asthetics?

preferably made by nike
still keeping the faith