Martin Ling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

Glad he has hit the ground running - i fort from the start that he can do a job for us - lets hope he can continue his start and move us forward, then he could be in for more than just cult status - a nice kiss from ferrari lover (i hear hes into that?)
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Robiberto22 wrote:Glad he has hit the ground running - i fort from the start that he can do a job for us - lets hope he can continue his start and move us forward, then he could be in for more than just cult status - a nice kiss from ferrari lover (i hear hes into that?)
Ferrari lover? Is he the guy I once saw in the pub losing at pool and he said 'I always come from behind' ?
Robiberto22
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Robiberto22 »

all i know is he has an orange car ....
ALAN KNILL'S YELLOW ARMY !!! - Oh wait ...
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Gullscorer wrote:Martin Ling - destined for cult status?
'aa well i fort we was a fret all game you know what i mean?'

Pwopa nawty.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

royalgull wrote:

Pwopa nawty.

What's pwopa nawty, is fans gettin' on 'is back after firteen games. Know wha' I mean chap ? ;-)

As for cult status . . . pwopa earned . . . as in we are are going through a diffi CULT stage in the season. :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

lingy's next interview "Yeah we was awful, no penetration at all ya know what i mean, i fort we passed it araand alrite but we neva created nuffing. Told the lads to pass wiv a purpose but they don't listen, it's like i'm talkin' a different language to 'em, no penetration. Just like a bunch of lezza's we are. Loads of little play but naa penetration araand da box, you know what i'm saying?"

No Lingy but I take your word for it you loveable fat cockney geeza. I love the fact that I'd back our 40odd year old manager to beat the living crap out of everyone in the ground if they got in his face.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Brucie would batter him......................
Dave

Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Southampton Gull wrote:Brucie would batter him......................
or depress him into submission !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
TCP
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Josh Coulson

Post by TCP »

royalgull wrote:lingy's next interview "Yeah we was awful, no penetration at all ya know what i mean, i fort we passed it araand alrite but we neva created nuffing. Told the lads to pass wiv a purpose but they don't listen, it's like i'm talkin' a different language to 'em, no penetration. Just like a bunch of lezza's we are. Loads of little play but naa penetration araand da box, you know what i'm saying?"
Good to see he's still peddling out the old "Told the lads to pass wiv a purpose but they don't listen" excuse.

A leopard never changes his spots :-/
CUFC4LIFE
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

Get over it buddy. As if what a manager says is going to be words of Aristotle. It'sa load of clichéd old clap trap things like 'pass with a purpose', 'set their stall out' (they selling lemonade or something?) or my personal favourite ' insert club name here......is a tough place to go'. Yeah we knew Bodmin Parkway would be a tough place to go. Iraq - tough place to go. Hereford away - not a tough place to go.

Summary.

Ling was CRUD for Cambridge, we've all gathered that.

He left, your better off, he's our manager doing ok with resources or lack of offered

Wish him luck and move on.

The end.

PS 2-0. x

PPS I refuse to believe you've been watching Cambridge for 'over 20 years' because no one above the age of 14 has a signature with '4LIFE' in it.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I actually dont mind these Cambridge fans coming on here , Buckle to Rovers, Ling to Torquay are two indentical situations, some of us gulls fans were not backward in coming forward in taking the mick over Buckles slow start as Rovers manager.

The Cambridge have had to wait a little longer thats all, thats said as the Rovers fans have said us, and we will say the same to the Cambridge fans lets judge in May.
Formerly known as forevertufc
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by royalgull »

There is a difference.

Buckle went while employed as Torquay manager, he was good for us and people were disappointed to see him leave

Ling was unemployed having not been very good for Cambridge. I'm sure their fans weren't bothered about him going anywhere as long as it wasn't for them.

Like I said surely they'd just go, well he was rubbish for us but good luck to him.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Latest from Dinger : "The answers are in the building."

What building ? Has Elvis not left yet ?

What I've seen from the Popside from the last two home games is a lot of demolition.

Aye, take your pick from the Grandstand/Wimbledon/Hereford. ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Ah Trojan, as ever you confuse me. :| :)

But if Rene's interview on the BBC is anything to go by then the answer is in the building of team spirit. All begun by Mr. Mansell, our most epic captain.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well i dont know whether the answer was in the building, or floating in the wind, who ever has done what 4 wins on the spin long may it continue :clap:

Off to have a look at the amber army forum, wonder if they are still laughing at Lingy hmmm
Formerly known as forevertufc