Argyle Match

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Argyle Match

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Voucher system in operation for tickets for our match against the Gargs at Plainmoor in November-will be available at Gillingham match(SEE OS)
Expect hoards of Gargs fans to turn-up to get them, given the limited allocation they can expect due to the Grandstand demolition!
Last edited by Behind-the-Gulls on 05 Oct 2011, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Will season ticket holders be able to purchase additional tickets? I presume it will be one extra per ST holder?

Realistically I won't be able to see the home fixture but I'm hopeful that I can get tickets for the away match.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I'm planning to take in the Gillingham game, but with no intention of going to the Argyle match so if any exiles/non-attendee's need a voucher I could help out.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Have pm'ed you jeff.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Will be a 3,800 limit for the match( that will be about 2,800 home tickets),so could sell out very quickly.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Will be a 3,800 limit for the match( that will be about 2,800 home tickets),so could sell out very quickly.
Jesus, this is worrying. Do we have the lowest capacity in the Football League?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Simple answer to that Matt, at the moment yes we do have the lowest capacity in the football as far as i know, however no one's fault really, the grandstand going to be condemed anyway so a new stand had to be built whatever.

Could have done with out Plymouth , Swindon and Rovers our league this season, however they are, so we have just to make the best of a bad job so to speak.

The biggest bug bear here is for the exiles who come down regular for matchs, that said i cant see a fairer way than a voucher system, it is the only way to atleast try and ensure as many home fans get tickets as possible, if the club just put them on general sale loads of Plymouth fans would que up, this way Plymouth fans will have to come to the Gilingham match and pay twice to enter our ground.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Does anyone know what we can do if we dont live in the area. As i will go to the gillingham game but cant stand and cue for a ticket in taunton.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Firstly i would say find out from the club if vouchers can used to order tickets over the phone, if not talk a local who is a friend , i am sure they would help an exile out by going up to the club and buying the ticket.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Behind-the-Gulls wrote:Will be a 3,800 limit for the match( that will be about 2,800 home tickets),so could sell out very quickly.
How can this be? I thought the popside held 3000? Then 900-1000 for away end, brings it up to 3900 without even considering the family stand? I would have thought it would be more like 4500? Or is the popside capacity lower than that?

Its just frustrating we couldn't get the grandstand done quicker and have had this game towards the end of the season where we could have reeled in 6500 for it.
BTownGull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by BTownGull »

The capacity of Plainmoor seems to be decreasing by the week. I think last year the popside capacity was reduced for some reason or another as well as the grandstand?? I remember when the original plans of Bristow's Bench came out the ground was supposed to hold 6,500 when complete, but now this week the Herald states it will hold 5,600 when completed, around 700 less than when the grandstand was in full use a few years ago, despite having a new stand that will stretch the whole way down the pitch.

The capacity is plenty for a cold Tuesday night, but games against local rivals, any 'big' cup games and the desire to be 'an establishe league one side' in the future could cause problems, with a capacity that must be one of the lowest in the football league.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Season ticket holders wont have to worry about getting a voucher. I wonder if season ticket holders will still get a voucher when handing in their match day stub against Gillingham ? :|
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Trojan 67 wrote:Season ticket holders wont have to worry about getting a voucher. I wonder if season ticket holders will still get a voucher when handing in their match day stub against Gillingham ? :|
Not if last season was anything to go by. Turnstiles had instructions not to give vouchers to season ticket holders.
Arse! Drink!
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

BTownGull wrote:I remember when the original plans of Bristow's Bench came out the ground was supposed to hold 6,500 when complete, but now this week the Herald states it will hold 5,600 when completed, around 700 less than when the grandstand was in full use a few years ago, despite having a new stand that will stretch the whole way down the pitch.
I don't understand how that can be? None of the other stands have decreased in size, or is there new safety restrictions or something that reduces the amount of people allowed in the popside or away end?

I was hoping for a new ground capacity of 6500-7000.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

OS is now making it clear that once you take-out season ticket holders,visiting fans and the reduced capacity there will only be 2,000 tickets available for the match,with 1,600 for the popular side.That being the case if you don't get a voucher on Saturday and are not a season ticket holder the chances of getting a ticket will be minimal.
Given that there's always plenty of season-ticket holders that don't turn-up perhaps the club could appeal to those not going to the Argyle match to let them know and then re-allocate the tickets-otherwise there will be empty seats and supporters wanting to go who can't because they can't get there on Saturday.