Cheltenham Reserves Game next week

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

royalgull wrote:Not surprised. Our youth team is absolute crap and it's only to be expected. When you don't run a youth setup for 5/6 years like we didn't then any 16-18 year old worth his salt will be at Exeter/Plymouth/Yeovil etc. The ones that we have now of that age are the ones they didn't want.

Our youth team won't be anywhere near good enough for at least another 5 years minimum.

Although having said that 4 of the back 5 are first teamers so that's obviously a concern.

I don't think they are as bad as what you are saying, I have the chance to see them play mostly every week and there is a few good ones in there, I really think their attitude let's them down at times though.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

At least we have a reserve team.

These days at Local District League level (Step 5 and below), those "stars" not in the match day squad, will turn out for another Saturday team because not playing first team football for their "higher league level" club is "beneath" them.

What a piss poor attitude.

You as a player, sign for a club. You play for the club, regardless of which starting eleven you are selected for.

I guess loyalty and clubman mean f'ck all these days. :(
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"