Is Ling being found out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

TCP wrote:Having spent 20+ years watching league football, I know plenty about it!
Being you were relegated in 2005 I am guessing the 20 years of league football pretty much takes you back to the 1970's when you were invited into the league.

Oh how things have changed since you last watched a league football match :)
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

And we had a hamster named after CUFC's 'best' player of the last ten years, Robbie Simpson (named when Simpson was playing at Coventry City)......that's the CUFC quality for you!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

TCP wrote:I certainly wouldn't swap managers with you guys in a million years.

York would comfortably beat Ling's Torquay side, as they would many others in the lower reaches of L2.

See you back in the BSBP next season.
Haha, so, you get a draw, away at a team who would beat many others in L2, yet you don't see yourselves getting promoted from that division. Feck me, the standard must really have gone up since we were there.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cufcfan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by cufcfan »

You guys havn't seen York City play this season...

They are pure class, and If they don't win the BSBP il be mightily suprised.

Under Ling, we'd have lost that 4-0. Jez has put ressilance into your side. I wish however we hadn't sat back so much in the second half as we put in 100% of our shots!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

There is a reason we haven't seen York play this season....... we are big boys now in League 2 and don't have to watch that lower level non league football any more. I am only talking from experience from a team that won promotion from the BSP and straight into the play off finals for L2. Not quite sure we are quite bad enough for BSP yet, but when we are we'll see you guys there.

In the meantime what was the score between Bristol Rovers v CUFC last season....??? Under Ling we won 2-1...... oh wait yeah sorry forgot...... you don't get to play league clubs in the BSP unless you get them in the cup (shudders at the thought of Crawley last season).
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Buckle new he had individuals who couldn't hack it at League level. He waited until January to change things.

Likewise, Stinger Ling is waiting until January. If things are not going well/have not changed for the better come end of February, then will be the time to 'ave a pwopa go. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Are you actually mental or something. Problem is that the players who can't hack it at league level are a) the ones tha Ling bought in on two year contracts or b? the shite that Buckle left us with (macklin for eg)
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Brucie, please stop coming on here and questioning people's mental intergrity who disagree with you...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

stevegull - do you have a screw loose?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote:Are you actually mental or something.
Is that more than one question ? The use of conjunction "or" suggests that it is.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
cufcfan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by cufcfan »

If Ling hasn;t learn't from his time at Cambridge, you won't have any money to spend in January!