Argyle Match

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

gullsflyinghigh wrote: I don't understand how that can be? None of the other stands have decreased in size, or is there new safety restrictions or something that reduces the amount of people allowed in the popside or away end?

I was hoping for a new ground capacity of 6500-7000.
Pretty sure that the Herald have got that wrong - perhaps a typo (6,500?) ? As others have suggested the last I heard was that by the time "Bristow's Bench" is completed we should be up to near 7000 capacity.

Indeed the Herald itself were saying .... "the Grandstand's 1,750 seats, plus some extra capacity which United hope to free up elsewhere in the ground, will raise the full house figure to between 6,500-7,000" back in June .... so unless something has gone drastically wrong that figure (5600) would seem way wide of the mark!

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Fixture-fr ... story.html
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Just bumping this one up again. Am I right in thinking tickets went on sale after Gillingham game?

When can non-voucher holders purchase any remaining tickets (if there's any left)

Can season ticket holders purchase an extra ticket or not? I'm presuming those with a season ticket just get in using that as normal but was wondering if its possible to get an extra ticket for a friend who hasn't been able to obtain a voucher?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Season ticket holders can get an extra one ticket. Well, I did anyway, but the lack of organisation and the fact the people behind the till weren't sure was typical TUFC, unfortunately.
Seventyseven
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Seventyseven »

Voucher holders can get their tickets up until the Hereford home match - any tickets left after that will then go on general sale (if there are any left of course).
Peter: So did your therapist figure out what the problem was?
Brian: Yeah. He thinks I'm in love.
Peter: Oh my God...you can talk!
ReadinGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicholson

Post by ReadinGull »

I for one am Gutted.

Just happens to be the weekend I could get down there so booked the hotel and time off back in August, great its Plymouth, not so great doesn't look like we will get a ticket. So looks like one of my two trips down a year I can afford is now wasted.

Anyone has any spares from the Gillingham game, please let me know, though I'm not sure how you go about showing a stub over the phone anyway?!

Can I change my username to Guttedgull??!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

ReadinGull wrote:I for one am Gutted.

Just happens to be the weekend I could get down there so booked the hotel and time off back in August, great its Plymouth, not so great doesn't look like we will get a ticket. So looks like one of my two trips down a year I can afford is now wasted.

Anyone has any spares from the Gillingham game, please let me know, though I'm not sure how you go about showing a stub over the phone anyway?!

Can I change my username to Guttedgull??!

might be worth giving the club a call after next saturdays's Hereford match, as that's the latest the vouchers can be used. you might be able to buy tickets over the phone from Monday 31st. Don't know, but it's gotta be worth a phone call ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ReadinGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ReadinGull »

Defo Brady, I've been calling them every 2-3 days as it was until today, I'd not got any exact date that they will go on general sale, just told "a little later if there are any left".

..but try I shall.

GuttedGull
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

how many tickets are you after ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
ReadinGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ReadinGull »

Two mate, me and the wife.... if you know anyone who has any spares let me know.
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Apologies for not posting sooner but I am predominantly working on the Grandstand demolition ( no comments please) and Stadium matters but felt I should try and bring some clarity here.
Spectators with vouchers ( or for the Family Stand, their ticket/stub from the Gillingham game) will be able to purchase their Plymouth ticket up to the start of the Hereford game. After the game any remaining tickets will go on general sale. As the Family Stand was nearly full for the Gillingham game ,if everyone claims there ticket for Plymouth there will only be a few tickets/seats left for the Family Stand.
We have strengthened the wall on the Popside which means that we can increase the capacity quite significantly by about an extra 500 people ( it needed to be approved by the Safety Advisory Group which met this week) so there should be plenty of tickets available. Clearly we want to sell every ticket so don't leave it until the last minute but at the moment no need to panic.
Hope this helps.
Andrew
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

A Candy wrote: We have strengthened the wall on the Popside which means that we can increase the capacity quite significantly by about an extra 500 people ( it needed to be approved by the Safety Advisory Group which met this week)
I heard somebody mention that on Saturday and thought it was quite strange. How does the wall being strengthened allow us to have 500 more people in the Pop? Or am I missing something here?

:|
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

maybe 500 people are now allowed to sit on the wall Nick :lol:

must be a health and safety thing, meaning because the wall is now stronger/safer, we are allowed a larger capacity in the stand. maybe ??
Brady

I Wish I Was There
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

Yes, it is a health and safety issue. You may recall the wall falling down against Reading a few seasons ago and the work that needed to be done to strengthen it before the Council would allow us to fill it to its capacity. The same applied on the Popside when it was only a single block wall. Now it has been strengthened we can fill it to its higher capacity.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Are vouchers on offer at the Wimbledon game or not?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Don't think so Dave. Not certain though.