Has Ling pulled the wool over everyones eyes

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

allez mons wrote:Hold the bus...................

It is pre-season. Tiverton (didn't attend) & Bristol City (did). These games are for shape, work-outs, patterns etc and not really results based.

Personally, I am not to fussed if a new signing/manager gets things wrong in pre-season. That is the time to get it out of the system. Let's judge after 12 games (1/4 way through) when all players and teams have got match sharpness and the the table sorts itself out.

Keep faith!
Not sure what you're protesting against? Most people have been rightly positive about the performance against Bristol?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
SBGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SBGULL »

Your thoughts now everyone??? Hate to say it but i told you so!!
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

You said you can't see us finishing above the bottom 4. Well, we are.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

SBGULL wrote:Your thoughts now everyone??? Hate to say it but i told you so!!
We have lost 4 games.

Of the top 7 clubs (ie those in the automatic or play-off places) Cheltenham, Shrewsbury, and Wimbledon have also lost 4, whilst Southend, Crawley, and Morecambe have lost 3.

The only difference between our present position of 16th and a place in the promotion mix is not turning some of our draws into wins, but some of those draws were against the better teams in the division and in some of them we were unlucky not to grab the win.

After our defeat on Saturday my immediate reaction was to wonder where the next point was coming from, but then I remembered feeling the same at the same stage of last season after a long winless run and we ended up in the play-offs.

As Trojan pointed out on another thread, this season we have now gone 7 games without a win, whereas last season at the same stage it was 9 without a win, and the previous season it was 11 without a win.

I blame games like 'Football Manager' for making a large proportion of supporters think they know better than seasoned professionals ;-)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This is a wind up, surely? You told us so, you told us what, that we'd be mid table after 13 games? That with a squad compiled for precisely zero pounds and zero pence, we wouldn't have the league sown up come mid-October? That we are Torquay United and we are infinitely more likely to be in a relegation scrap than we are chasing the dream of L1?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

SBGULL wrote:Your thoughts now everyone??? Hate to say it but i told you so!!
Well you have had some feedback SB so any thoughts on our thoughts? ;-)
SBGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by SBGULL »

All good opinions....I have to say that with the past few performances and lack of quality in depth, I feel we will be lucky to stay up unless we bolster the squad with some quality....a forward and at least two defenders...our midfield is good enough but our back line is poor and we have been found out. Time to hit the loan market!!
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

I dont think that's the case. If our midfield was good enough they would be shielding the back 4 more, very much like the 2nd half of last season. The full backs are left exposed too often.
Arse! Drink!