Eunan O'Kane

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plymouth Gull

Eunan O'Kane

Post by Plymouth Gull »

How much longer can we keep hold of this lad?

I really can't see him being here in February, personally - if, as it was suggested somewhere that there were scouts there on Saturday (I'm assuming they were looking at our players!) then I'm sure their scout report would have been glowing.

When the inevitable happens, the club need to get a fair deal for him - he has outdone Alex Russell as the best player I've seen in a Gulls shirt, and the fact he's so young speaks volumes. 400k is the minimum we should be looking to get from him, as he could get into a Championship club right now, I think. Crawley are worrying about losing Tyrone Barnett, but I saw somewhere (can't remember) but Evans wants £1m for him. It is fundamental that we get a good price for Eunan when the bigger clubs come calling, and not let him go for peanuts, as we did with Zebroski.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Post by nicktufc »

I'm dreading the day I go on the OS and see that he has been sold. He is a magical player who can light up even the dullest game.

Alex Russell was an awesome player for us, and the influence he had on our team was unreal, but the comparison is fair to Eunan now, and Aggy was very lucky to be surrounded by some other very special players(to take nothing away from our current team) in the likes of Jason Fowler and David Graham.

Eunan is rightly being lauded at the moment, and just hope the scouts left at half time on Saturday, and don't come back for a long long time!!!!
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

yep, it's just a matter of time unfortunately. i've been telling the guys at work about him this morning, and he is definitely too good for div2. i can see a championship team picking him up in Jan. of course i don't want to see him go, but i just hope when he does move on, it's a good move for him, and the club get a decent few quid. would be gutted for all parties if he ended up at a mediocre div1 club - he's better than that.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I have nothing but total and utter respect for O'Kane, not only is a fantastic young player, he also comes across to me as a model professional aswell, could easily have engineered himself a move in the summer in my view, but stayed here and if memeory serves me right he signed a new contract.

By staying here, he is playing first team football, and we are seeing a much fitter and stronger Eunan O'kane which is being reflected in his performances which are more consistant than last term.

He will go sooner rather than later, there is nothing our club can or would want to do to stop him, when it happens he will go i am sure with all our best wishes and I will certainly keep one eye on how his career develop's, if it should be Janaury there most be a hope of a loan back deal, as he is not in my view ready to go straight into a championship team, and his development would be better served by playing first team football here through to the season end.
Formerly known as forevertufc
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

This lad is as good as anything in the league, I get to a few Reading games a season and I can comfortably say O Kane would walk into their side now.

Seriously need to enjoy watching him at TUFC because he won't be here for much longer, too good to be wasting his time in this division.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Exactly what I said to Diamond Girl last evening. He'll not be here long. He did the right thing in signing a new contract with us, but at the rate he is improving, he will be far beyond our coaching by the end of the season. We will get monster money for him. Despite their obvious (and not so obvious) failings, our board really do appreciate that they hold all the cards with Eunan. He is on a three year deal, he's 19 and he's the best player this side of the top half of the Championship (if you're a visitor and reading this, please don't bother arguing, you're wrong.)

I love Eunan, he is SO good to watch that he alone is a factor in my attending away matches. It's got to the point where he is literally worth the entrance money all on his own.

Two balls he played yesterday both right wing to left, landed on Nico's boot both times. Our pitch is what, 70 yards wide, so knock off 5 each side for the players being a little in from the touch lines and then add them back on to allow for the diagonal, and we have a bloke who is at David Beckham standard when it comes to massive long passes and he does it EVERY WEEK!

Wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Everton, and oh how they will be kicking themselves.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
BernardB
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BernardB »

As a fan since 1952, I can confidently say that there has never been a Torquay player with the same combination of ball skill and tactical brain. When he has experience to match, possibly with a Championship club, I think he has the capacity to become quite a famous player in the Premiership.

I'm very sorry he won't be available on Friday and fear his absence may bring us down to earth with a bit of a bump.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Well, if Benyons worth 125k, Eunan must be 500k. Only a matter of time until he departs i think but good luck to him, will be interesting to see how his career develops.
TUST #324
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

mind you, i bumped into him before the game on saturday - he was parking his car out on the street as there was no player parking !! that won't happen to him when he signs for Madrid !!
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Said the same thing to my mate (Argyle fan) before our game, told him to watch out for O'Kane because i think he has the potential to be in the championship let a lone playing for us.

It would be great if we could hold on to our better players and try to build a league 1 team rather than just accepting league two football year after year. But as long as we get a good price for him something that Argyle surely can't afford anytime soon then so be it.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Unless we get a ridiculous offer for him then the club shouldn't even think about selling him. He's signed up until 2014 and he clearly enjoys it here otherwise he wouldn't have signed such a long extension over the summer. I would hope we keep him at least until the end of this season, and hopefully even until season after, when he'll still have a year left.

Minimum 500k to sell him if the board has the nerve. He's not a player on excellent form where we can exploit the buying club, like we possibly did on Benyon, he's quality through and through, and we'll be able to get the same, if not more, in a year and a halfs time if we hold out. And when we do sell, we should be making sure its the right move for Eunan, a championship club at the very least and somewhere where he'll get game time and further exposure and not somewhere he'll be sat warming the bench.
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Il be gutted when he goes fast becomeing my best TUFC player ever, total joy to watch every week
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ferrarilover wrote:Exactly what I said to Diamond Girl last evening. He'll not be here long. He did the right thing in signing a new contract with us, but at the rate he is improving, he will be far beyond our coaching by the end of the season. We will get monster money for him. Despite their obvious (and not so obvious) failings, our board really do appreciate that they hold all the cards with Eunan. He is on a three year deal, he's 19 and he's the best player this side of the top half of the Championship (if you're a visitor and reading this, please don't bother arguing, you're wrong.)

I love Eunan, he is SO good to watch that he alone is a factor in my attending away matches. It's got to the point where he is literally worth the entrance money all on his own.
Two balls he played yesterday both right wing to left, landed on Nico's boot both times. Our pitch is what, 70 yards wide, so knock off 5 each side for the players being a little in from the touch lines and then add them back on to allow for the diagonal, and we have a bloke who is at David Beckham standard when it comes to massive long passes and he does it EVERY WEEK!

Wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Everton, and oh how they will be kicking themselves.

Matt.

Ditto that one mate. It might surprise people but I've been a fan of his for some time ;-)

That pass you mention was absolute class, pin-point accuracy allowing Nico to just take it in his stride. I pray that Saints get him so I could continue to watch him develop, he's destined for a superb career if he continues to improve at his current rate. Quality comes at a price, let's hope we get what he is truly worth.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Coventry, Reading, Derby and Cardiff were watching him last season. Im pretty sure there were more but i know them four were for sure.

If that sort of club are after him, he would fit in perfectly and could see him doing the same thing in a higher level. Infact you get more time on the ball so he would be very dangerous. I noticed Le Fondre has settled well at Reading. Can see Eunan doing the same. Fair play to the lad.
gulltastic
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: o'kane

Post by gulltastic »

Never know if we go up this season he might wanna stay he seems to like the club