Eunan O'Kane

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

gulltastic wrote:Never know if we go up this season he might wanna stay he seems to like the club
Well, yeah, I quite like my company too but if I were to get offered 5 times as much cash to work in a nicer office, I'd probably not hang around very long.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I just hope we keep him for the season. He goes on an amazing run of goals and assist this season, and takes us up. I can dream right :)
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Lets hope we can try and hold on to him till the end of the season at least, as he really is a class act.

He does seem settled here, and I think it would disrupt our season if he was to leave in January.

Seriously though, we need to hold out for a very large sum for this lad, he really is quality. Don't want him going for pennies like Zebroski did. 500K MINIMUM.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Just a thought though, if we did sell him on say for a big fee. Wouldnt we then be better off if we invested that money into the team because we could get a fair few decent players with that.

Could see us being better off with out him if you understand what i mean. I love watching him in a torquay shirt, and want him to stay. But if we can made a decent side on a small budget, surley we could do alright with a nice fee.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

brett, the question is whether or not we'd reinvest the money into the side. Recent history would suggest...probably not.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

happytorq wrote:brett, the question is whether or not we'd reinvest the money into the side. Recent history would suggest...probably not.

We still need to repay loans made to the Club by the directors so I wouldn't blame them for taking a sizeable proportion of the fee but we could seriously use that kind of money thrown into the playing budget.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Not only does he pull out these amazing passes but every decent move we do seems to go through him or involve him. He would be severely missed so a replacement would have to be found. Dont know enough about him but I quite liked the look of Sutherland. (not in the same league as Euan) I take the point about loans having to be repayed but speculate to accumulate and all that.

Love the way on both of his goals on Sat he put his foot right through the ball as well, something we've lacked often.
PufcFan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by PufcFan »

ferrarilover wrote:Exactly what I said to Diamond Girl last evening. He'll not be here long. He did the right thing in signing a new contract with us, but at the rate he is improving, he will be far beyond our coaching by the end of the season. We will get monster money for him. Despite their obvious (and not so obvious) failings, our board really do appreciate that they hold all the cards with Eunan. He is on a three year deal, he's 19 and he's the best player this side of the top half of the Championship (if you're a visitor and reading this, please don't bother arguing, you're wrong.)

I love Eunan, he is SO good to watch that he alone is a factor in my attending away matches. It's got to the point where he is literally worth the entrance money all on his own.

Two balls he played yesterday both right wing to left, landed on Nico's boot both times. Our pitch is what, 70 yards wide, so knock off 5 each side for the players being a little in from the touch lines and then add them back on to allow for the diagonal, and we have a bloke who is at David Beckham standard when it comes to massive long passes and he does it EVERY WEEK!

Wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Everton, and oh how they will be kicking themselves.

Matt.
I realise you said if your a visitor don't bother arguing, well I go to most Torquay games as I'm local, but am a avid Peterborough united fan. I agree, Eunan is a great player and it great to watch, but, I wouldn't put him in our starting XI, as he is just too lightweight for the championship atm. Maybe in a year or two he will be ready, I just feel that for a 21 year old who's not exactly the most experienced, and isn't a big fellow a leap from league 2 to the championship would be too large imo.

On Saturday it did show that Eunan has great quality and will go far and I understand that you don't want him to go to a mediocre league 1 club, say, e.g Oldham. Because he will be MUCH better than that in a few years. I do however feel that if say, Charlton, MK Dons, Sheffield United ect, the higher end league 1 clubs made a suitable bid of around 300-500k that the board (lack of funds) would sell him, and I think that a few seasons at that level, because of the physical difference would do him wonders as his physical side isn't the best atm, and this is why he currently imo isn't a championship player.

I myself going to most Torquay's home games would hate to see Eunan leave but due to Torquay being in the financial state they are, I think he will leave in the Summer, hopefully for at least 300k because,I also love watching him play.
Last edited by PufcFan on 21 Nov 2011, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Eunan's 21, just to point that out.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

Well you can see it happening, he bangs in another brace against Sheffield United in the cup and they sign him in the January window
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Alright Gulli, you smart arse, he's 21, why don't you just delete my post like you normally do?!?!?!?! :~D

See what you're saying PUFC fan man, but this is always the argument, guys being too 'lightweight', we had the same thing when Benners went up. I disagree. A summer in the gym and he'll be just find for the style of football he plays. There's a bit of a generally accepted myth that footballers have to be big and physical, but there's way's round it, and Eunan is comfortably good enough to play at that level without any more bulk.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"