How hard you guys must be laughing at us!!!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

I always found him a somewhat limited character, both as a manager and as a personality. He just never engaged us in the way that Leroy did, and Ling appears to be doing.

I personally believe he was limited tactically, made strange substitutions and fell out with too many players.

His success in the Conference was bankrolled by a large budget boosted by lottery winnings. Even then we scraped up via the lottery of the play offs. How apt!

He is just being found out at Rovers where expectations and budgets are much higher.

His signings from us showed a lack of imagination on his part. Meanwhile he lets go of Joe Kuffour (quality) who is banging them in for Gillingham.

When he appeared on The Football League show earlier in the season he came across as shifty. I think it was the day we won at Rovers. Now that was a happy day, not because we beat Rovers but because we beat ‘The Weazel’.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I have to agree with everyone so far, it was never about BR.

What annoyed me the most was the way he left and took all our key players with him. I am sure Billy Kee is really p!ssed off he didn't got and play midfield for PB at BR LOL.

BR have a lot more to lose than most clubs, and taking on PB was probably a very short sighted decision. PB was good at getting a team together from nothing and helped us get out of the BSP, but BR should be looking at League 1 if not Championship status, and PB will not get you there.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

From Rovers Forum

Spoke to the same director straight after you.

He confirmed in strictest confidence that Buckle has only 4 games to go, until the Gillingham game.

The plan is then to ask Shaun North to take over until the 10th January after the Hereford away game. Hopefully, we will have good weather.

We are then able to employ STEVE TILSON, the ex-Southend and Lincoln manager. His gardening leave ends at this point so no compensation is needed.

If Tilson does not do well enough by mid-March they are planning to ask Byron Anthony to act as caretaker manager until the end of the season.

A spell of 12 games is the current plan but it could be one more or less.

He has contacted John Anderson, our ex-centre half, and he is going to act as his assistant manager.

If all goes to plan we are looking at employing a completely fresh management team for next season.

We will be looking at the league two play-offs and selecting a manager from one of those who make the play offs but do not get promoted.Happy days. All this deja-vu is killing my sense of humour.

Hahahah Martin Ling?

Just being provocative :)
TUST MEMBER
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Steve Tilson would be a terrible appointment. He's done nothing since Southend.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Rovers we are not laughing at you. Its just Buckle chuckle.
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

Neal wrote: The plan is then to ask Shaun North to take over until the 10th January after the Hereford away game. Hopefully, we will have good weather.
We are then able to employ STEVE TILSON, the ex-Southend and Lincoln manager.
If Tilson does not do well enough by mid-March they are planning to ask .
Byron Anthony to act as caretaker manager until the end of the season
If all goes to plan we are looking at employing a completely fresh management team for next season.
Jesus wept!!! That could be what, 7 managers/caretaker managers in 2 seasons?
If its true, the board really need to take a bloody long hard look at themselves and consider if theyre in the right business.
I'm astounded the fans still put up with the chairman/board to be honest. How long's the "pie in the sky" new stadium been dragging along?
Arse! Drink!
Father Jack
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Johhny Rudge

Post by Father Jack »

usagullmichigan wrote:Rovers we are not laughing at you. Its just Buckle chuckle.
Speak for yourself mich. If its accurate, then I really am laughing my socks off at the entire cluster***k of a club. Be quite happy to see them and the Gargs learn a bit of humility in the BSP for a while..
Wheres that smiley I need, ah there it is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Arse! Drink!
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

usagullmichigan wrote:Rovers we are not laughing at you. Its just Buckle chuckle.
If only Paul had a brother............... to me, to you, to me, to you
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Play offs and Martin Ling to Rovers then :)
TUST MEMBER
northharrowgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northharrowgull »

What buckle did to us has caused huge resentment and rightly so. We could and should have won promotion to League 1 BUT Buckle sabotaged that and has therefore merited his Judas reputation. However , whilst things look pretty bleak for him at present I really do believe he will turn things around. He is lucky and I reckon the Gas will finish about 10th in the league 2 places ahead of us!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

This old man
He's called Buckle
He can't get a win while the Gulls fans Chuckle
With a nick nack paddy whack
The Gas all want him to go
Do we want him back. OH NO!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

"We will be looking at the league two play-offs and selecting a manager from one of those who make the play offs but do not get promoted."

So basically doing what you done this season? And thats worked fantastically well for you this season so far!
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

It seems the "irony" of this post has been missed by some on here!

The poster on the BRFC forum is basically suggesting that they (BRFC) mirror exactly what they did last season i.e Sack Trollope, replace him with (former Asst) Patterson, then appoint Penney, sack him and replace him with a Player/Manager and then recruit a new Manager from the losing L2 Play Off Final.

I thought I would clear this up in case anyone on here might have thought the poster was actually being serious ..... :whistle:
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

There is no irony here CP.

This is a desperate Gashead who has finally realised that he has been sold a pup...or in this case a weazel. :nod:
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

yellow wrote:There is no irony here CP.

This is a desperate Gashead who has finally realised that he has been sold a pup...or in this case a weazel. :nod:

I see it now : pup goes the weasel. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"