Port Vale vs Torquay United

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Since I made exactly the same points in my last message as I have done all along, I'm going to suggest its adiffeence in perspective than delivery.

Glad you agree though, I always had faith you'd see sense eventually...

Matt.
Actually, you haven't.

Having re-read the entire debate, at no point have you ever even alluded to money holding the idea back. You've continued arguing an incredibly blinkered view which is that we should be staying overnight. And don't get me wrong, I completely agree that in an ideal world, we'd be staying overnight for longer away games. The question you seem to be asking is "Why aren't we?" and we're telling you the reasons. You just seem intent to ignore all, it's like arguing with an adament conspiricy theorist who will never take reason and knowledge at face value.

I've got to say, ONCE AGAIN I will call into question why on Earth you are still a moderator on this forum. You continually argue with people (and not in a friendly debate way either), you put people down and seemingly try to bully people, summed up perfectly by your "I don't really care" post to friendlygas on the banter board after he'd taken time to answer a question you had posed. You are meant to be a representitive of this forum and time and time again you use your status to increase your own power and control and boost your own ego. Having spent many years on forums throughout my life, you are by far the worst (and I include the types who will ban you for saying anything against them) and most childish moderator I have ever seen. You literally have no idea how to speak to be and the bit I found most hilarious is that you're training to be a lawyer! I hope you don't use any of these techniques in court because you'll be unemployed faster than you can say "Sorry, Your Honour".

Hopefully Dave, Louis and Scott will eventually see sense and give you the kick up the a*se that you so obviously need. The funny thing is Matt, before you were made a mod and had a power trip, you were one of my favourite posters and always enjoyed reading the sarcasm. Now you just take it way too far every single time and I'm not even sure you realise you're doing it.

But then I suppose this is what happens when you give some power to someone with the mental capacity of a Gnat.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair to Matt, he hasn't used his "powers" other than to contribute on our Staff Board with ideas and suchlike and move the occasional thread to its correct place. He likes to provoke a reaction and certainly gets one. I probably argue with him as much as anyone but I can't see how he could be on a power trip. His opinion, like mine or anyone elses means no more than the opinion of the next man/woman, he is entertaining though (a thinking mans Brucie perhaps?).
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I agree with Dave on this one - there has been no abuse of power on this, or any other thread, by Matt recently. When he has stepped over the line he has been treated the same as any other person who does so.

He is, along with other posters on here, very opinionated, and maybe the style of "writing" does "rub people up the wrong way", however if that is the case either ignore it (like I do with some), or argue back!!
This thread has actually been a rather good read with some interesting debate....near to the knuckle at times, but a good read nonetheless....for what it's worth, in my opinion if the board can find ways to save money by not having to spend it on an unnecessary overnight trip then that is fine with me, regardless of whether or not it was allocated it in the first place.
I don't think there is a convincing arguement either way to prove that we play better or worse when we don't stay overnight, as proven by Matts examples and that of Father Jack.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Camb, in my VERY FIRST POST, I conceded that hotels are expensive, thereby suggesting that money is certainly a consideration, but not sufficient a consideration that it should prevent us from staying overnight if it will aid the team. If you didn't pick up on that, I'm sorry for you, but I can't be held liable for your limitations.

As for my 'power', I don't have any. The only thing I can do which you can't is move threads around a bit and comment on the 'Staff' board. I do have other things available to me (I can ban people, as Louis found out to his cost!) but I never use them, because I'm not interested in 'the power', I didn't ask to be made a greenie, it was a decision made by the reds on here, based, one assumes, on the amount of time I was able to dedicate to keep the board running smoothly.

As for Court etiquette, thanks very much for the advice, but unless opposing Counsel opens his argument in the same fashion as Dutch, with "Matt, you're talking crap", then I'm confident I'll be just fine. I'll be sure to keep you abreast of my progress, if you're sure that wouldn't be an abuse of my Moderator power?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Camb, in my VERY FIRST POST, I conceded that hotels are expensive, thereby suggesting that money is certainly a consideration, but not sufficient a consideration that it should prevent us from staying overnight if it will aid the team. If you didn't pick up on that, I'm sorry for you, but I can't be held liable for your limitations.

As for my 'power', I don't have any. The only thing I can do which you can't is move threads around a bit and comment on the 'Staff' board. I do have other things available to me (I can ban people, as Louis found out to his cost!) but I never use them, because I'm not interested in 'the power', I didn't ask to be made a greenie, it was a decision made by the reds on here, based, one assumes, on the amount of time I was able to dedicate to keep the board running smoothly.

As for Court etiquette, thanks very much for the advice, but unless opposing Counsel opens his argument in the same fashion as Dutch, with "Matt, you're talking crap", then I'm confident I'll be just fine. I'll be sure to keep you abreast of my progress, if you're sure that wouldn't be an abuse of my Moderator power?

Matt.
Firstly, the hotels being expensive is a throwaway comment at best. If you try and make a bigger thing of it, I and the rest of the forum know full well you're only doing it to cover your own backside. There is then no mention of money up until your comment after I'd given you a metaphorical ear full and everyone else had agreed with the same views as me. There is a reason why not one single person has actually agreed with you fully... it's because your opinion that it should be done no matter what financial state it may put us in is moronic, at best. I will however, congratulate you on hiding your identity for so long, Mr Roberts. :-D

As for your 'power', it's very plain to see. It's called status. In our subconsious minds, we might not agree with anything that is being said, but someone who is seen as an authoritive figure will always be seen in another light and generally people will stand off more. This is what you've consciously or sub-consciously taken advantage of. You then try to bully people into your way of thinking, no matter how tunnel visioned your thinking is. Go back over your posts and you'll notice a pattern, whenever you or another mod/admin puts across their point of view, there is usually a stream of followers who post pretty much the same thing, no matter how far wide of the mark it is. There will be a few that disagree to some extent but don't really argue the case, then all it takes is one person to stand up and say "no, that's an absolute load of cr*p" and then more posters follow suit. It happens all the time on forums, everywhere. So back to the 'power trip' thing, if you don't know how you're using it to your advantage, then I have totally misjudged you... you obviously aren't as intelligent as I thought.

As for keeping me abreast of your progress, the career of someone who will inevitably talk his way into getting sacked from half his jobs is of no interest to me, so I'll use one of your own childish quotes.
ferrarilover wrote:I'm afraid I must now be the bearer of bad news... I don't care.
Luke.

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The only status Matt has is that he's a girly guy who used to drive an orange car until he became too embarrassed and sold it :)
Dave

cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Southampton Gull wrote:The only status Matt has is that he's a girly guy who used to drive an orange car until he became too embarrassed and sold it :)
Well his flagrant closet homosexuality is merely an aside to this argument Dave...
Luke.

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Since I've managed to reduce you to just making things up and telling me my own opinion with absolutely no evidence (heresay), I'm going to chalk this one up as a victory.

As for your own lack of moral fibre and that of other lemming like posters who will simply agree with whatever a greenie or a reddie writes, that is very much your own failing and not, in any way, my fault.

My homosexuality cannot be both flagrant and closet, these positions are diametrically opposed.

Matt.

Dave, you git, how did you find out the Focus had gone?
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:Since I've managed to reduce you to just making things up and telling me my own opinion with absolutely no evidence (heresay), I'm going to chalk this one up as a victory.

As for your own lack of moral fibre and that of other lemming like posters who will simply agree with whatever a greenie or a reddie writes, that is very much your own failing and not, in any way, my fault.

My homosexuality cannot be both flagrant and closet, these positions are diametrically opposed.

Matt.

Dave, you git, how did you find out the Focus had gone?
You really think this is a victory? If you do, go for it. If a victory for you is where nobody agrees with you, your entire argument is one single point based on guesswork and when it gets to a point where your argument becomes so laughable that the opposition start taking the p*ss out of you then, YAY!

It's brilliant, I'll feel very smug in the fact that you will be the worst lawyer in history! I'm sure your clients will be delighted when they are ruled guilty by the jury but you take a victory because the prosecution had a laugh at your expense. What can I say though, I'm not the one taking a law degree!

And let's face it, I'm hardly a Lemming, neither are you. We both have our own points of view, it's just that in this case, I'm right.

Also, it's entirely possible to be flagrant and in the closet. Just imagine if someone like Louis Spence hadn't come out yet, well there's a guy in my town who is just like him, but his best friend is Azlan.
Luke.

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Seriously - you two are getting rather tiresome now....if you want to argue can you do it via PM so the rest of us can enjoy the site without the need to trawl though several pages of ego boosting please.

And yes, I am pulling rank!!

:slap:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Sorry I just want to add something !

"The only status Matt has is that he's a girly guy who used to drive an orange car until he became too embarrassed and sold it"

As I like most things Dutch there is nothing wrong with Orange !!

Secondly,

"As for Court etiquette, thanks very much for the advice, but unless opposing Counsel opens his argument in the same fashion as Dutch, with "Matt, you're talking crap", then I'm confident I'll be just fine. I'll be sure to keep you abreast of my progress, if you're sure that wouldn't be an abuse of my Moderator power?"

Rather than waffling on & on & on .....I just thought I would go straight to the point !!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that was fun !!
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by cambgull »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Seriously - you two are getting rather tiresome now....if you want to argue can you do it via PM so the rest of us can enjoy the site without the need to trawl though several pages of ego boosting please.

And yes, I am pulling rank!!

:slap:
Oh Scott, this is way past the point of ego boosting. It's now at the point of ego trouncing!

I will stop now though, I'm sure Matt will still have something to say though. Hopefully he'll grow up and agree to disagree.
Luke.

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Although it's late in the day as far as this thread is concerned I'll draw a line under it now and lock it. Everyone has more than had their chance to say what's on their mind and this one can be consigned to the "old" matchday threads. We don't all agree all the time and the forum is better for it, as long as nobody takes it too seriously we can all move on and continue enjoying the site.
Dave